Walmart is telling customers they have to pay them money to self checkout

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
o2xf9b62acoc1.jpeg

blocking off them self checkout lanes now...

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Publix is the only one who’s trying to do it correctly.

Ten items or less.

Anything more than that…. Take yo ass to the isle :camby:
all the self checkouts from Target to Walmart here say 10 items or less here, no one pay to attention to that shyt and the employees in those areas dont seem to care

null

Daps
Reppin
UK,DE,MUFC,DMV
"If you want to use the self-checkout lane at some Walmart stores, you might need to fork out $12.95 per month, or $98 per year, for a Walmart+ subscription. That’s because some Walmart stores are limiting some self-checkout lanes to Walmart+ subscribers and drivers of its Sparks delivery service."

:dead:

But of course SOME people will react in a way that this article wants and be all. :picard:

Like Walmart making self-checkout a mandatory fee. :martin:

You people are pathetic idiots gah damm. :mjlol:

tenor.gif

Tess Lies

Sometimes....
Daps
Reppin
District 11
So basically they're trying to make me a PRN Walmart employee, but I gotta  pay my employer to do the work of a cashier because they don't want to hire human beings to work the fifty-leven cash registers that they don't even utilize.

Lemme find out my local Walmart is on that bullshyt, and I'm resigning immediately. I ain't been to Piggly Wiggly in a hot minute anyway.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
These motherfukkers be scamming ppl with ghost charges, now they want you to pay to scan your own items because they don't wanna pay associates to do it :mindblown:

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
Get everyone to the self checkout, pay a subscription fee, then remove the cash option for self checkout and charge a Credit Card processing fee like restaurants.

:ehh:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
We’re at the phase of capitalism where they feel like they can run the score up on us with no repercussions
:francis:

Yep. Let's see how far we can push things. And then when it's about to break, push it a little more.

They figure those who can afford will pay whatever prices, and those who can't afford it will go into debt to be able to do so as well.

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Honestly WM isn't worth it.

I'll hit up Super Target for non-food items and frozen stuff (veggies, taters etc). Hit up HEB/Central Market/Sprouts or whatever for most other food.

Walmart is cheap when it comes to chips, hot dogs, soda etc., but not THAT cheap otherwise....and the customer service is WOAT.

Does WM have the drive-up order? That's another reason so many stores have few cashiers. I just order my shyt on the Targer app and when it's ready...drive up and they put it in the trunk. People that would have been on the register pre-COVID are now pulling groceries out the store to take to your car.
6 figures
6 certs
6 lines... never

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Last week I went to a target in Maplewood, NJ to get some socks and a few other items…

The stealing got so bad this is what I was met with.

IMG-4444.jpg

:martin:

And because they didn’t have much staff around I left because I didn’t want to deal with it.

Springfield. But its right on the Maplewood border but yea I went there and was floored.