Ward vs Barrera Official Thread: Nothing You Can Do 175lb Edition :wow:

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
When you first typed I thought it was a typo, but then you type the whole thing later.... nikka!!!!!! Lmfao:laff:

I used to love and respect B-Hop. I refuse to Believe that is B-Hop behind the mic with Lampley. Hence B-Tom. Negga said KKKOV is not racist for putting a gorilla face on Adonis. Tat he doesn't understand the American culture. Meanwhile Russia is known for throwing bananas at Black soccer players and calling them monkeys. Then he said KKKov might have something against Black fighters because he keeps whooping their asses. I couldn't bear it anymore without changing his name. Now he's the token black man over at HBO aka the house negga :scust:

FrI'm now on he's Uncle B-Tom. :martin:

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
Damn that left hook up top was so pretty

Like I'm teaching my nephew it's not the power that can only do damage. The quickness, sharpness, accuracy, and the pop are what make you dangerous. If you look at it Barrera just tried to work the body and as he came up Andre just slapped him with the quick hook.

Beautiful. I'm gonna have him start on Andre right now.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Like I'm teaching my nephew it's not the power that can only do damage. The quickness, sharpness, accuracy, and the pop are what make you dangerous. If you look at it Barrera just tried to work the body and as he came up Andre just slapped him with the quick hook.

Beautiful. I'm gonna have him start on Andre right now.
Yup that and the weight transfer being so quick :banderas:

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
The quickness, sharpness, accuracy, and the pop are what make you dangerous.

i would add shock to that. i think that shock factor is probably the most underrated quality of punching power. the saying in boxing is that its the punches that you dont see that really hurt you the most. thats because the punches that you dont see are the punches that really shock you the most.

heres earnie shavers throwing a right hand at larry holmes.

SA7Onf3w.gif

now this is a good right hand. you can really see right away here some good full hip rotation and the way that body weight is being moved over that front leg in the same motion. but what you may not see right away here is the way that holmes is in the process of throwing a right uppercut just then and was therefore shocked by that right hand. that was not just a big right hand. that was a right hand that had a lot of shock factor too.

I didn't see the weight transfer. Need to recheck. I saw the snap. I didn't see him rotate his hips enough :patrice:

no weight transfer. no hip rotation. but definitely some shock. barrera was in the process of throwing a punch and was hit by punch. this is why counter punches are so devastating in boxing. whenever you are in the process of throwing a punch you are in a lot more danger of being shocked by a punch.

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
i would add shock to that. i think that shock factor is probably the most underrated quality of punching power. the saying in boxing is that its the punches that you dont see that really hurt you the most. thats because the punches that you dont see are the punches that really shock you the most.

SA7Onf3w.gif

now this is a good right hand. you can really see right away here some good full hip rotation and the way that body weight is being moved over that front leg in the same motion. but what you may not see right away here is the way that holmes is in the process of throwing a right uppercut just then and was therefore shocked by that right hand. that was not just a big right hand. that was a right hand that had a lot of shock factor too.

no weight transfer. no hip rotation. but definitely some shock. barrera was in the process of throwing a punch and was hit by punch. this is why counter punches are so devastating in boxing. whenever you are in the process of throwing a punch you are in a lot more danger of being shocked by a punch.

:mjcry:

Got @Yuzo to agree with me brehs. Does Tha mean I made it ? @krackdagawd @mr.smokeweed @patscorpio @Newzz

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal

SA7Onf3w.gif

Hardest I've ever been hit was a similar shot by a skinny Mexican kid who look like he hadn't eaten in weeks. shyt was a temple shot and the only reason I know is because my boy told me. I finished the round hit the speed bag n jump rope after and had zero recollection of any of that or even sparring that day :merchant: the only thing I remember was that vibrating feeling throughout my whole body :damn:

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
Hardest I've ever been hit was a similar shot by a skinny Mexican kid who look like he hadn't eaten in weeks. shyt was a temple shot and the only reason I know is because my boy told me. I finished the round hit the speed bag n jump rope after and had zero recollection of any of that or even sparring that day :merchant: the only thing I remember was that vibrating feeling throughout my whole body :damn:

Same with me. Little negga was around 16 weighing 130 pounds at best with a ponytail. Dude went for the jab and I cover, he then doubled it which I ducked and threw that left hook to my liver. :damn:

I felt like an elephant just kicked my gut. The pain travelled to my back and up to my spine, but I didn't punk out. I held it in and managed to bully him and show him he pissed me off but I had to dap him on that punch and little negga told me he been practicing that set up since he was 8 :damn:

So he landed a 8 year setup to my liver brehs :damn:

Felt it for days and was on liquid diet and anytime I even tried to chew I had that terrible pain in my gut. I even threw up a few times before I could slowly digest solids

:mjcry:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
I thought he looked really good but not great. although he had spurts of greatness, he also had some rounds where he looked off....timing, accuracy, defense. he got hit a lot more than he should have. i'm not sure if tonight's andre would have beat kovalev, but the best version of him definitely will.
This was my thinking. Ward looked good, but he also looked rusty. Probably best for him to get another fight to get his timing perfect going into a Kovalev fight.
Had Ward been able to let his hands go a bit more like he said, he most likely would've gotten the KO. From about the 5th round on I was waiting to see if Ward would go for it. It was there for the taking, he just decided not to open up and go for it.

Barrera look intimidated from the start, really didn't have anything for Ward. He looked slow, couldn't commit to any punches (maybe that is why his punches looked like they had little power on them). Breh just didn't know what to do. Should've brought the Maidana game plan and go all out, even if it is ineffective. You aren't going to beat Ward in a chess match so you have to start making stuff up.

Suprising that Ward swelled up as much as he did. Maybe from the bumping of their heads on the inside fighting. If you just looked at their faces one would've thought Barrera got the better of it.

I still expect the Ward vs. Kovalev fight to follow the traditional boxer-puncher logic. Ward will school Kovalev most of the time and Ward will need to be on point for every second of every round because Kovalev has one punch changing power. Another fight will be good to see how Ward looks at 175, but it didn't change how I felt about the fight. Ward should be able to frustrate Kovalev most of the time, Kovalev will likely look too slow, but has to be careful because Kovalev has a huge power advantage and I do think Ward can be hurt if he isn't careful. And beware of the casuals pulling triangle theories...Kovalev probably would've KO'd Barrera within 4 or 5 rounds...but triangle theories don't work in boxing. Barrera was slow and flat footed, perfect for Kovalev's power. Ward will be able to make Kovalev slow and flat footed and Kovalev will have a much harder time landing clean shots.

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Is it me, or did Ward look concerned after the fight? Seemed like something was pressing him, and it was noticeable when talking with the ring doctor and immediately afterwards.