Warner Brothers and Kevin Costner present....Horizon: An American Saga

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
The $100M Kevin Costner starring and directed Horizon: An American Saga, released via New Line, hit tracking, and, oy, it doesn’t look good with a $10M-$15M industry projection with very low single digit first choice and low unaided awareness (the category which indicates moviegoers are thinking about the movie, and don’t need to be prompted by a pollster about it). This is after the movie’s world premiere in Cannes. Hopefully, the projection builds for this three-hour western. Here’s the thing, Costner is on the hook for P&A, and his older skewing, Yellowstone loving audience doesn’t really track with tracking. We’ll see what happens.
tlou-last.gif

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Warner brothers just distributed it. That's all on Kevin, it ain't this his first bomb.

Wyatt Earp, Waterworld, postman, it's what he does
Aint his first, but the first one that he went all in on himself. There were reports he mortgaged his homes and shyt to fund this.
Kevin Costner isn’t letting the fact that he mortgaged one of his California properties stop him from enjoying the premiere of the first installment of “Horizon: An American Saga” — the passion project he used the funds to self-finance.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I respect the fact that he put his money up on a passion project he cares deeply about. Same with Francis Ford Coppola's new film. Doesn't seem like either film will be a success initially but it's not like these guys will go broke. They said/did what they wanted to say/do.

I'm def going to peep this. I'd imagine a lot of people simply don't know about it because a Costner western seems right up a lot of people's alley. My parents just heard about it recently and want to see it.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
This shyt was meant to be a 4 parter :dahell:
By the time they get to the 3rd one(that they shooting now), shyt may go straight to streaming :lolbron:
2nd part releasing in august which will most likely open worse than chapter 1 since non one seems to care about Chapter 1.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
:pacspit: Should have just kept doing Yellowstone and produced another spinoff. No one asked for this Horizon BS. We want 1923 season 2.
1923 season 2 being filmed right now. Those two didn't have anything to do with each other, other than they both blaming the writers strike.

OJ Simpsom

Superstar
Daps
1923 season 2 being filmed right now. Those two didn't have anything to do with each other, other than they both blaming the writers strike.
Im saying us Yellowstone fans more hyped for spinoffs than this Horizon shyt. Theres already a western epic with this Yellowstone universe they've created. Why try and start a whole new one.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Im saying us Yellowstone fans more hyped for spinoffs than this Horizon shyt. Theres already a western epic with this Yellowstone universe they've created. Why try and start a whole new one.
Costner wanted his own shyt. Horizon has nothing to do with YS other than Costner starring in both and leaving YS for Horizon :yeshrug: