Was Anyone Else Obsessed With Sports Equipment When You Were Younger?

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Broke in my first baseball glove with vaseline. Back then I didn't even know where to find glove oil.
Put a baseball in it and wrapped it with a long tube sock. You know those old socks you'd see in movies with the 3 stripes? One of those.

We used to play stickball with a broom stick. The first time a friend went to Modell's to get a proper stickball bat (it's thicker and heavier than a broom stick) we were like "yeah man! now we can hit!!"

I also remember boiling the mouthguard when I played pop warner football. I was kind of annoyed though that everyone had the mouthpiece tied to the face mask. But the coaches always allowed the RBs, WRs and QB to cut the piece that attaches the mouthpiece to the face mask and they would just jam the mouthpiece in the gaps of the mask when they weren't using it. Somehow it felt cooler. But I guess that's just because they were allowed to do it and we weren't. I was a defensive end at that time.

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I was obsessed with stadiums/arenas

the first time I saw a Mlb field I was shocked how green and vast it was
I’m like that too, breh.

The lighting on the field is just :krs:. I still
geek out when i take my nephews to Nats games

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
I use to do the same shyt back in the day :russ:

Riding our bikes to Big 5. Looking at the baseball batting gloves and all the dope football equipment.

I use to have the little Cowboys uniform set with the play shoulder pads.
742d5720869669dbf8d65866cb6dab3a.jpg

I use to wear my knee pads for my bike under the pants so it looked like I was wearing thigh pads like the pros :mjlol:

Begged my mom and dad for a clear mouthpiece:dead:

Sports equipment use to be lit.

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
For some reason, I remember a catcher’s mitt being like this holy grail...was always the most expensive glove so could never get one since I wasn’t even a catcher, lol (but it just looked so cool to me). One of the first things I ever bought after I started working was a catcher’s mitt...still have it in the closet and have never used it, but fukk that
Me too. Something about that catchers mitt and the shin guards.