Was New Edition Better Off Without Bobby Brown?

Was New Edition Better Off Without Bobby Brown?

• Yes

Votes: 23 53.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 46.5%

• Total voters

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was really the best outcome for both parties. Bobby was better off solo, and NE made their best album with Johnny. Since they’re all under the NE umbrella, they’ll always be able to travel with a different combination of members if needed.

In fact, Johnny really excelled in a group platform (Stacey Lattisaw, NE, LSG) & collaborating with other artists. It just works so well with his voice.

Bobby really excelled as a solo artist. His best shyt was by himself.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Like someone said above Bobby was New Edition .. without him there really wasn’t a group. .
This is some revisionism

Ralph Tresvant was the star of the group and the lead singer. Bobby was a background breh who got fortunate that he got hooked up with Babyface. Bobby Brown was “not New Edition,” if he was the group wouldn’t have produced their best work and sell their most records without him.

Thats not hating on Bobby because I remember when Bobby had his Michael Jackson-like run from 88-90.

SunnyD

All Star
Daps
This is some revisionism

Ralph Tresvant was the star of the group and the lead singer. Bobby was a background breh who got fortunate that he got hooked up with Babyface. Bobby Brown was “not New Edition,” if he was the group wouldn’t have produced their best work and sell their most records without him.

Thats not hating on Bobby because I remember when Bobby had his Michael Jackson-like run from 88-90.
Agreed. I’m just saying how it all got started. My mom and her siblings grew up around and had interactions with them .. and family members of theirs. Ralph was the star.

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
I guess in some ways, since they matured and had Johnny Gill doing vocals. He was clearly the best vocalist of them.

Maybe it’s my age, but I liked them as BBD. And Don’t Be Cruel is one of my favorite albums so I liked him better solo.