Washington Post: Gun violence in the US has reached early 90s rates

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
This is a fact. People act like That bill wasn’t popular with damn near every demographic thanks to lawlessness in the street.
Yeah, like all big bills, there were things attached to it that not all parties were in agreement about, but crack era violence had spiraled completely out of control. The elected leaders, clergymen, civic leaders from the communities supported it because the streets were killing fields and only going to get worse.

Revisionists can't fool anybody.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have a hard time believing this because many cities had much higher gun violence and homicide rates in the 90’s. Many big cities that’s had super high gun violence are now gentrified and much safer. DC was the murder capital and had 500 murders a year and DC ain’t that big. NYC had over 2000 murders in 1990.

Even midsized to small cities with infamous gun violence reputations are no longer dangerous like Compton and East Palo Alto, CA. The only big cities to break their all time homicide records in recent years are Baltimore and Philly. Many smaller cities broke their all time homicide rates last year, but they were cities not known for gun violence like Portland. A handful of mass shootings does not compare to the thousands of more gun violence daths annually in the 90’s when the population was less.

There is some kind of agenda going on where the media is trying to paint gun violence in a certain light. But it’s also weird that the Supreme Court is actually pushing for concealed carry in blue states. These next few years could actually get worse than the 90’s. I’m talking like old white lady from Boondocks with the sawed off levels of lawlessness. America is the most armed country on the planet. If we ever had a civil war here in these times, it could be the bloodiest war in world history. :picard:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I have a hard time believing this because many cities had much higher gun violence and homicide rates in the 90’s. Many big cities that’s had super high gun violence are now gentrified and much safer. DC was the murder capital and had 500 murders a year and DC ain’t that big. NYC had over 2000 murders in 1990.

Even midsized to small cities with infamous gun violence reputations are no longer dangerous like Compton and East Palo Alto, CA. The only big cities to break their all time homicide records in recent years are Baltimore and Philly. Many smaller cities broke their all time homicide rates last year, but they were cities not known for gun violence like Portland. A handful of mass shootings does not compare to the thousands of more gun violence daths annually in the 90’s when the population was less.

There is some kind of agenda going on where the media is trying to paint gun violence in a certain light. But it’s also weird that the Supreme Court is actually pushing for concealed carry in blue states. These next few years could actually get worse than the 90’s. I’m talking like old white lady from Boondocks with the sawed off levels of lawlessness. America is the most armed country on the planet. If we ever had a civil war here in these times, it could be the bloodiest war in world history. :picard:
Not true there was like a dozen cities that broke their records during the pandemic on top of more mass shootings nationwide.

BEN23

All Star
Daps

a simple search of the numbers can tell you this a lie....nyc was in th 2000's for murder in the 90's......the reporting of crime is rile up republicans and get democrats to switch...because "dems are soft on crime".....its all a mind game

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
a simple search of the numbers can tell you this a lie....nyc was in th 2000's for murder in the 90's......the reporting of crime is rile up republicans and get democrats to switch...because "dems are soft on crime".....its all a mind game
NYC is not the only city in America.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I forgot how much medical advances stifled gun deaths in the 90s. People name every theory but that one when explaining declining crime rates during that decade.

I remember the late 80s and 90s vividly because I was actually out and about during that time period. A lot of people during that time bleed out and couldn't make it to the E.R which resulted in a homicide. Now days a lot of these same gunshot victims are being stabilized at the scene then transported to trauma units.

When you look at raw numbers, which a lot of people do now days to push a narrative, you leave out a lot of nuances as to why the numbers are the way they are.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
If you're old enough to have lived through the carnage of the crack era 90s, you have a different perspective about crime and punishment.

From the (then) relative safety of the 20teens, people were spouting a lot of nonsense about the Crime Bill of the 1990s. We are on an inevitable road back to that kind of response to the rising crime rates.
@ExodusNirvana said we just need more computer labs