watched THOR RAGNAROK yesterday, its in my top 5 MCU movies

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They cut out thor in NY? Is that why they show his hammer being broke in a field instead of the alley now? Does that mean strange was cut from this too ?

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Marvel takes about a movie or two to get there stride on the flops then its Lift off.

Cap 1 sucks so bad to me, but 2 and 3 are in my top 5 mcu movies.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Not saying much imo

All these superhero movies follow the same formula

I can’t take it anymore.

Early light humor —> introducting new characters, one of which is surely to not like Thor immediately but will warm up to him eventually —> threat is introduced —> first encounter with threat is lost —> superhero team up —> recon —> threats weak spot/ origin is exposed —> sad sacrifice is made —> threat is defeated —> a lesson is learned —> infinity war Easter egg / promo after the movie

Man fukk that shyt. I can’t take it. That goes for DC and Marvel. I’m good on those superhero movies for at least until BP / Infinity War

All movies of their respective genre follow a formula..... and it’s typically the same formula

We gotta stop using that as a knock on comic book movies when everyone does it

Martha

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
All movies of their respective genre follow a formula..... and it’s typically the same formula

We gotta stop using that as a knock on comic book movies when everyone does it

Martha
Right, but the thing is, these movies lack the character development, surprise factor, detail, and sometimes even imagination of the actual source material.

If I know what I’m going to get every time, what the hell is the point of watching? It’s not just a marvel thing, it’s both dc and marvel. I just have superhero fatigue right now

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They cut out thor in NY? Is that why they show his hammer being broke in a field instead of the alley now? Does that mean strange was cut from this too ?
strange is in it very very briefly, and yes new York has been cut. its not even really a spoiler but they go to new York, strange says your father isn't in new York I can teleport you to him, they then teleport thor to his father.

thing is I was looking forward to the oden in new York storyline. I know originally he was in new York, homeless and didn't even remember he was oden, and they changed all of that.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Saw the movie, not gonna lie it was pretty good, reminds me of Adam West's batman show. Funny and cute at times. I was smiling the whole time.:obama:
This is easily the best MCU movie. You should bring a date when you watch this, you'll have a fun time. It's like guardians meets 21 jump street. 9/10.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Right, but the thing is, these movies lack the character development, surprise factor, detail, and sometimes even imagination of the actual source material.

If I know what I’m going to get every time, what the hell is the point of watching? It’s not just a marvel thing, it’s both dc and marvel. I just have superhero fatigue right now

I feel you but I think that’s looking too deeply into something we ignore on every other occasions.

Each time we watch one of the million scary movies each year we know what we gonna get but do it year in and out.

Same with every white comedy, every black comedy, every Tyler Perry movie, every action blockbusters, every western, every spade SciFi and so on.

If I don’t shyt on Under Siege which took the same formula from Speed, which took its formula from Die Hard. I don’t see an issue.

Matter fact, you know them Saw like thrillers? The ones with people gathered in a room with complete strangers with know idea of how they got there, who kidnapped them and no escape? And they need to find out who the killer is before time runs out?

There 100s of them..... and I know that for a fact cuz that’s low key one of my fav genre movies.
From Saw, Exam, 9 Dead, and so one

Each has the same formula

Martha

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Marvel takes about a movie or two to get there stride on the flops then its Lift off.

Cap 1 sucks so bad to me, but 2 and 3 are in my top 5 mcu movies.

The first two Thor films are not flops. They're just not as good as Iron Man. Same goes for the first Captain America. They all good to decent critical reviews and made a lot of money.

Terms like "Flop" and "Trash" are thrown around way too liberally around here.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel you but I think that’s looking too deeply into something we ignore on every other occasions.

Each time we watch one of the million scary movies each year we know what we gonna get but do it year in and out.

Same with every white comedy, every black comedy, every Tyler Perry movie, every action blockbusters, every western, every spade SciFi and so on.

If I don’t shyt on Under Siege which took the same formula from Speed, which took its formula from Die Hard. I don’t see an issue.

Matter fact, you know them Saw like thrillers? The ones with people gathered in a room with complete strangers with know idea of how they got there, who kidnapped them and no escape? And they need to find out who the killer is before time runs out?

There 100s of them..... and I know that for a fact cuz that’s low key one of my fav genre movies.
From Saw, Exam, 9 Dead, and so one

Each has the same formula

Martha

that complaint is become tired....It's the new "There's too much humor" complaint.

Superhero films are genre films, ALL Genre films follow a formula to some degree or another. Even the superhero movies that people tout as being wholly original and unexpected follow a formula.

People are still praising Logan to high heaven and that film is formulaic as fukk, it's just a western disguised as a superhero movie.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
that complaint is become tired....It's the new "There's too much humor" complaint.

Superhero films are genre films, ALL Genre films follow a formula to some degree or another. Even the superhero movies that people tout as being wholly original and unexpected follow a formula.

People are still praising Logan to high heaven and that film is formulaic as fukk, it's just a western disguised as a superhero movie.

Theres a saying.... there are only 7 stories thats ever been told

1. man against man
  2. man against nature
  3. man against himself
  4. man against God
  5. man against society
  6. man caught in the middle
  7. man and woman
And then there are these formulas for these common plots;

Overcoming the Monster: The hero learns of a great evil and goes on a journey to destroy it. Star Wars qualifies. Braveheart. Jaws. Any movie with Nazis in it. Some of the Rocky movies.

Rags to Riches: A sad-sack beginning that leads to a happily ever after. A lot of dikkens’ stuff fits here. Disney princess movies. Harry Potter. Most every rom-com.

The Quest: Everybody loves a quest where the hero goes on a journey to find something, which can be a Lost Ark (literal of figurative), a body (Stand By Me), or even something unknown and unseen, which is known in Hollywood as a MacGuffin. Sometimes the hero brings his entourage, too. A lot of epics are Quest stories. Like The Goonies.

Voyage and Return: Like The Wizard of Oz, where Dorothy goes to a weird place with weird rules but ultimately returns home better off. Or Back to the Future, and even Transformers.

Comedies get their own category, too. For some reason, two people can’t be together, which creates all sorts of antics. They eventually figure it out, though. Again, most every rom-com ever, like When Harry Met Sally, or The Money Pit.

Tragedies are like riches to rags, where the villian gets it in the end. MacBeth and King Lear are classic examples. Or most slasher pictures if you go for that sort of thing.

Rebirth is like a tragedy but where the hero realizes his error before it’s too late, like in It’s a Wonderful Life. Logan could fall into this.

All these are plot formulas that are used over and over and over and over and over again

Martha