watched THOR RAGNAROK yesterday, its in my top 5 MCU movies

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
And you say the same shyt about every boring movie Christopher Nolan makes.:manny:
2018 best picture winner ya c*nt.

And for the record regarding Nolan movies since the coli has been around: Interstellar was my #3 of 2014 and Dunkirk is my #2 right now of this year and TDKR didn't rank.

Last edited:

The_Unchosen_One

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis
Fanboys say the same shyt every time a new movie drops

Literally every single time.

Even with Suicide Squad

Martha

Fanboys a classic movie as well :blessed:

fanboys-1.jpg

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
strange is in it very very briefly, and yes new York has been cut. its not even really a spoiler but they go to new York, strange says your father isn't in new York I can teleport you to him, they then teleport thor to his father.

thing is I was looking forward to the oden in new York storyline. I know originally he was in new York, homeless and didn't even remember he was oden, and they changed all of that.

Yea i remember at first the hulk wasnt in it but was going to be like an after credit scene or something to show where he been all this time

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Saw the movie, not gonna lie it was pretty good, reminds me of Adam West's batman show. Funny and cute at times. I was smiling the whole time.:obama:
This is easily the best MCU movie. You should bring a date when you watch this, you'll have a fun time. It's like guardians meets 21 jump street. 9/10.
:mjlol: At the daps I'm getting.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
me and my kid going in that bytch READY next week!
bringing in whole meals to the flix for this one!
:blessed:

CookisaCac

I aint lyrical
Daps
It's not going to be a good look if one of Marvel's most boring franchises/characters drops a better film than Justice League

D.C better bring the big guns
only took the first response to bring up something to do with DC/justice league

im out

Sensitive Christian Grey

The Fisher King
Daps
Reppin
Welsh Hills
Theres a saying.... there are only 7 stories thats ever been told

1. man against man
  2. man against nature
  3. man against himself
  4. man against God
  5. man against society
  6. man caught in the middle
  7. man and woman
And then there are these formulas for these common plots;

Overcoming the Monster: The hero learns of a great evil and goes on a journey to destroy it. Star Wars qualifies. Braveheart. Jaws. Any movie with Nazis in it. Some of the Rocky movies.

Rags to Riches: A sad-sack beginning that leads to a happily ever after. A lot of dikkens’ stuff fits here. Disney princess movies. Harry Potter. Most every rom-com.

The Quest: Everybody loves a quest where the hero goes on a journey to find something, which can be a Lost Ark (literal of figurative), a body (Stand By Me), or even something unknown and unseen, which is known in Hollywood as a MacGuffin. Sometimes the hero brings his entourage, too. A lot of epics are Quest stories. Like The Goonies.

Voyage and Return: Like The Wizard of Oz, where Dorothy goes to a weird place with weird rules but ultimately returns home better off. Or Back to the Future, and even Transformers.

Comedies get their own category, too. For some reason, two people can’t be together, which creates all sorts of antics. They eventually figure it out, though. Again, most every rom-com ever, like When Harry Met Sally, or The Money Pit.

Tragedies are like riches to rags, where the villian gets it in the end. MacBeth and King Lear are classic examples. Or most slasher pictures if you go for that sort of thing.

Rebirth is like a tragedy but where the hero realizes his error before it’s too late, like in It’s a Wonderful Life. Logan could fall into this.

All these are plot formulas that are used over and over and over and over and over again

Martha

That guy's list was critiqued to hell and back when it came out. I'll try to provide a small batch of receipts later tho

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
lol that you wrote sounded completely ridiculous to me but I'm not a fan of the genre like that. I just figured "nerds gonna nerd, whatever floats your boat" :hubie:
It just goes to show that there are people out who actually don't like comics or movies that accurately capture stories or at least character motives from the comics like the dark knight or winter soldier. So they'd want the movies to be simple and goofy, like an episode the teen titans cartoons. Problem with catering to that fan base is that they are trendy, they watch this until the next it thing comes along. Meanwhile the fans like myself who have reading Thor for 30 years are treated like we take it too seriously just because we happen to like what the original creators did with it. Even tho we are the very reason you decided to make this into a film in the first place.

Supercoolmayo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Master Roshi's Island
Not saying much imo

All these superhero movies follow the same formula

I can’t take it anymore.

Early light humor —> introducting new characters, one of which is surely to not like Thor immediately but will warm up to him eventually —> threat is introduced —> first encounter with threat is lost —> superhero team up —> recon —> threats weak spot/ origin is exposed —> sad sacrifice is made —> threat is defeated —> a lesson is learned —> infinity war Easter egg / promo after the movie

Man fukk that shyt. I can’t take it. That goes for DC and Marvel. I’m good on those superhero movies for at least until BP / Infinity War

Billion dollars :mjgrin: