Watching old NBA games thread

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium

Brutal game for like three quarters. Shaq and Kobe are the only Lakers to even score until 5 min left in...the 2ND quarter lmao. But really entertaining 4th. TP and Manu really not at that level yet. Robinson a shell of his former self. It's basically Duncan vs the World. Stephen "O'Block" Jackson with a pretty solid game though. Walton's commentary funny as hell.

It's probably hindsight, but you can feel more of that tension between Shaq and Kobe. Shaq's hardly involved at the beginning of the game :mjtf:To be fair Phil Jackson wasn't there for this game (some medical condition).
Shaq comes up HUGE from the FT (something like 17 for 23 :ohhh: )

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Dude was really ahead of his time with some of his ideas. Kind of feel like he doesn't really get credit for having tried new things
Who knows if in 60 years people/media will give D'Antoni his proper credit since he didn't win any championships.

I feel like the only reason a lot of former players and coaches get credit is because they get TV jobs, while some legends completely fall out of people's memories because they stay out of the limelight.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
What are the ads like in these videos @mbewane ?

I tried to watch the full game of Shaq’s 61 point game on the official NBA channel but that shyt had ads coming on every 3 minutes. Couldn’t even finish the 1st quarter because it was annoying as fukk

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
What are the ads like in these videos @mbewane ?

I tried to watch the full game of Shaq’s 61 point game on the official NBA channel but that shyt had ads coming on every 3 minutes. Couldn’t even finish the 1st quarter because it was annoying as fukk

TBH I didn't even get that many adds :jbhmm:, or at least not so much that I noticed it. But I've been watching on other channels than the NBA one, that might be why. I hear that when you play a YT vid go directly to the end, let it end, then play it again - supposedly you don't get any ads that way.