We are living in a world of illusion

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nah

its just a very different thought process. In fact Muslims are a gateway for a christian in understanding the different ways a text can be read.

Holy text doesnt always make sense...that said, if the word of God was easy to ascertain, then everyone should be able to receive it and copy it

yet we dont see that in practice :jbhmm:

There’s only one message. It is simple and easy.

People are the ones that get in their own way.

Jesus said “ those who have ears, hear”

and

“many are called, few are chosen.”

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
There’s only one message. It is simple and easy.

People are the ones that get in their own way.

Jesus said “ those who have ears, hear”

and

“many are called, few are chosen.”
tell me what do you think of this then

:jbhmm:

Logos (Christianity) - Wikipedia

Septuagint[edit]
Certain references to the term logos in the Septuagint in Christian theology are taken as prefiguring New Testament usage such as Psalm 33:6, which relates directly to the Genesis creation narrative.[16] Theophilus of Antioch references the connection in To Autolycus 1:7.[17] Irenaeus of Lyon demonstrates from this passage that the Logos, which is the Son, and Wisdom, which is the Spirit, were present with the Father "anterior to all creation," and by them the Father made all things.[18] Origen of Alexandria likewise sees in it the operation of the Trinity, a mystery intimated beforehand by the Psalmist David.[19] Augustine of Hippo considered that in Ps.33:6 both logos and pneuma were "on the verge of being personified".[20]

τῷ λόγῳ τοῦ κυρίου οἱ οὐρανοὶ ἐστερεώθησαν καὶ τῷ πνεύματι τοῦ στόματος αὐτοῦ πᾶσα ἡ δύναμις αὐτῶν

By the word logos of the Lord were the heavens established, and all the host of them by the spirit (pneuma) of his mouth

— Psalm 33:6

Logos means "Word" or "Discourse" and the usage of this passage:

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

would imply a conversation with oneself (if you took the perspective of God, if such a thing can truly be taken)

so when you quote "those who have ears, hear"

what are you hearing? :mjgrin:

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
tell me what do you think of this then

:jbhmm:

Logos (Christianity) - Wikipedia

Logos means "Word" or "Discourse" and the usage of this passage:

would imply a conversation with oneself (if you took the perspective of God, if such a thing can truly be taken)

so when you quote "those who have ears, hear"

what are you hearing? :mjgrin:

got a fresh new video to debate on. Another gem from the YouTube algorithm

I assume a lot of this is what you believe concerning Yahweh

maybe you can tell me where you think he is wrong and what in his theories you support

It is pretty biased seeing how he’s an atheist and pretty much anti religion so I personally am skeptical. :patrice:

But he does make some interesting points randomly throughout the video :manny:

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
got a fresh new video to debate on. Another gem from the YouTube algorithm

I assume a lot of this is what you believe concerning Yahweh

maybe you can tell me where you think he is wrong and what in his theories you support

It is pretty biased seeing how he’s an atheist and pretty much anti religion so I personally am skeptical. :patrice:

But he does make some interesting points randomly throughout the video :manny:

from the start of the video dude establishes his understanding of religion with theories of evolution

hard pass

what you think of his vid @Koichos @Sccit

from my perspective:

"Hear O Israel, The Lord Our God Is One Lord"

is a simple and easy-to-understand meaning.

Mark 12:28-34

28 And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?

29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

32 And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he:

33 And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.

34 And when Jesus saw that he answered discreetly, he said unto him, Thou art not far from the kingdom of God. And no man after that durst ask him any question.

Last edited:

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
from the start of the video dude establishes his understanding of religion with theories of evolution

hard pass

what you think of his vid @Koichos @Sccit

from my perspective:

"Hear O Israel, The Lord Our God Is One Lord"

is a simple and easy-to-understand meaning.

Mark 12:28-34

Yea I get what you’re saying but you also think Yaweh is a different God than the “creator” God of the Bible. He kinda insinuates the same.

he also says in Egypt was the first reference to Yahweh. Is that true in your understanding/studies?:youngsabo:

did you even watch the full video?

I’m just seeing similarities in what I’ve heard you say and what he argues not saying you believe in multiple Gods :whoa:

• Dap

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Yea I get what you’re saying but you also think Yaweh is a different God than the “creator” God of the Bible. He kinda insinuates the same.

he also says in Egypt was the first reference to Yahweh. Is that true in your understanding/studies?:youngsabo:

did you even watch the full video?

I’m just seeing similarities in what I’ve heard you say and what he argues not saying you believe in multiple Gods :whoa:
you could almost say every supposed "God" are just veins from the shaft :troll:

In modern Hebrew, the phrase "tip of the Yod" refers to a small and insignificant thing, and someone who "worries about the tip of a Yod" is someone who is picky and meticulous about small details.

:lolbron:

Later, a woman walked into the store and wanted to make an offering to the idols. So Abraham took a stick, smashed the idols and placed the stick in the hand of the largest idol. When Terah returned, he asked Abraham what happened to all the idols. Abraham told him that a woman came in to make an offering to the idols. The idols argued about which one should eat the offering first, then the largest idol took the stick and smashed all the other idols. Terah responded by saying that they are only statues and have no knowledge. Whereupon Abraham responded by saying that you deny their knowledge, yet you worship them! At this point, Terah took Abraham to Nimrod.

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

you didn’t answer any of the questions breh :beli:

But anyways.....Abraham smashing idols? Never heard that story:patrice:

you quoting stuff not even from the Bible now? :gucci:

the idea of all these “lesser Gods” serving their own roles while being connected to 1 big one is like the idea most ancient polytheistic religions believed

that’s why yaweh was distinguished the “name” of the one and only by the Israelites and probably a necessity to separate them from all the peoples around them who were worshiping any and every “God” that they encountered

Do you think it’s ok to worship/believe in lesser Gods under the bigger idea that they’re all just part of GOD or connected to the source? :youngsabo:

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
you didn’t answer any of the questions breh :beli:

But anyways.....Abraham smashing idols? Never heard that story:patrice:

you quoting stuff not even from the Bible now? :gucci:

the idea of all these “lesser Gods” serving their own roles while being connected to 1 big one is like the idea most ancient polytheistic religions believed

that’s why yaweh was distinguished the “name” of the one and only by the Israelites and probably a necessity to separate them from all the peoples around them who were worshiping any and every “God” that they encountered

Do you think it’s ok to worship/believe in lesser Gods under the bigger idea that they’re all just part of GOD or connected to the source? :youngsabo:
if someone writes to you and says "Ye, I speak the words of God"

how do you know to believe them? :jbhmm:if any pattern should be clear is that man seeks and god answers...just not always in the way man expects.

Exodus 6:28-30 and Exodus 7:1-7
28 And it came to pass on the day when the Lord spake unto Moses in the land of Egypt,

29 That the Lord spake unto Moses, saying, I am the Lord: speak thou unto Pharaoh king of Egypt all that I say unto thee.

30 And Moses said before the Lord, Behold, I am of uncircumcised lips, and how shall Pharaoh hearken unto me?

7 And the Lord said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.

2 Thou shalt speak all that I command thee: and Aaron thy brother shall speak unto Pharaoh, that he send the children of Israel out of his land.

3 And I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and multiply my signs and my wonders in the land of Egypt.

4 But Pharaoh shall not hearken unto you, that I may lay my hand upon Egypt, and bring forth mine armies, and my people the children of Israel, out of the land of Egypt by great judgments.

5 And the Egyptians shall know that I am the Lord, when I stretch forth mine hand upon Egypt, and bring out the children of Israel from among them.

6 And Moses and Aaron did as the Lord commanded them, so did they.

7 And Moses was fourscore years old, and Aaron fourscore and three years old, when they spake unto Pharaoh.

whether you believe this passage or not it establishes a precedent :ufdup:

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if someone writes to you and says "Ye, I speak the words of God"

how do you know to believe them? :jbhmm:if any pattern should be clear is that man seeks and god answers...just not always in the way man expects.

Exodus 6:28-30 and Exodus 7:1-7

whether you believe this passage or not it establishes a precedent :ufdup:

you still not answering my questions from last post or did I miss it :patrice:

And you seem to have a big issue with this one scripture, which I can’t understand it’s significance to you:

29 That the Lord spake unto Moses, saying, I am the Lord: speak thou unto Pharaoh king of Egypt all that I say unto thee.

But it seems like it’s the one loop hole you found in the story of Moses to justify believing in the Egyptian religion/God > Yaweh/Moses God despite the entire theme of the Old Testament being against the idea of “Egypt”:jbhmm:

but I could be wrong :whoa:

• Dap

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
you still not answering my questions from last post or did I miss it :patrice:

And you seem to have a big issue with this one scripture, which I can’t understand it’s significance to you:

But it seems like it’s the one loop hole you found in the story of Moses to justify believing in the Egyptian religion/God > Yaweh/Moses God despite the entire theme of the Old Testament being against the idea of “Egypt”:jbhmm:

but I could be wrong :whoa:
im breaking down the understanding of perspective as it pertains to those passages

furthermore, you insinuate there are multiple gods. I say there is but one god.

The same God is god over all, despite how people attempt to reach God or understand him.

The exodus is significant because whether you believe its literal or not, its action is still at work (to draw israel out of Egypt)

but truly consider what "spiritual" egypt is...and what it represents. This is whats interesting to me about the otherside of the exodus message. And when you compare this with "accepted" history it would appear the storys purpose may not be what people think

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
im breaking down the understanding of perspective as it pertains to those passages

furthermore, you insinuate there are multiple gods. I say there is but one god.

The same God is god over all, despite how people attempt to reach God or understand him.

The exodus is significant because whether you believe its literal or not, its action is still at work (to draw israel out of Egypt)

but truly consider what "spiritual" egypt is...and what it represents. This is whats interesting to me about the otherside of the exodus message. And when you compare this with "accepted" history it would appear the storys purpose may not be what people think

Do you define God being one based off what is taught in the Bible according to the people who worshiped Yahweh?

or do you say God is one based off your own understanding which includes the teachings and beliefs of the people who worshiped Gods of ancient Egypt?

My point to you is if you believe in Yahweh and the ancient Egyptians God then you believe in 2 Gods simply because these two Gods were pitted against each other and naturally one being true and the other false

I never said there are multiple Gods. I said the video presented theories that remind me of something you’d believe. As far as how ancient religions might believe in more than 1 God or demi Gods.....you insinuated it about 3 posts up with your analogy.

I’m only trying to clarify what you mean. I just assumed you didn’t believe in Yahweh as the 1 GOD. But in the same vein you’re quoting the Bible scriptures from Yahweh declaring 1 God to his people :banderas:

maybe your position is shifting:ohhh:
or I could be mistaken :hubie:

Last edited:
  • Dap

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Do you define God being one based off what is taught in the Bible according to the people who worshiped Yahweh?

or do you say God is one based off your own understanding which includes the teachings and beliefs of the people who worshiped Gods of ancient Egypt?

My point to you is if you believe in Yahweh and the ancient Egyptians God then you believe in 2 Gods

I never said there are multiple Gods. You insinuated it about 3 posts up with your analogy.

I’m only trying to clarify what you mean. I just assumed you didn’t believe in Yahweh as the 1 GOD.

But in the same vein you’re quoting the Bible scriptures declaring 1 God :banderas:

maybe your position is shifting:ohhh:
or I could be mistaken :hubie:
I cannot define God

I can only surmise my beliefs in God, in orthodoxy this dilemma is defined by separating Gods "essence" which is unchanging with Gods "energies" which can be felt and experienced.

If God is one, then is essence his one. Meaning all is of God at the very least and all responds and is in feedback with God at the most (probably both)

therefore Gods energies can be felt by those who practice Gods ways. That said, the understanding of God is illuminated by the Torah. Not that God is OF the Torah...IE the Torah did not "make" God rather the Torah is a byproduct of Gods energies being utilized (Joshuas cleromancy, ummim and thummim etc)

That said as you've said and I've said...if you believe in Jesus Christ the incarnate word of God and Gods only begotten son you can avoid all of the nonsense and babylonian trickery by just accepting the God of the word is true.

All things are declared so despite what any man has done or will do, God knows it, and how God will utilize it will only be realized by those who believe in the firstplace. Non-believers will turn to their idols, divination, their own made-up ideas etc

That's why the strongest position a man can make is to "Trust and Wait on the Lord" :takedat: this also is inline with Zeus favoring Epimetheus (hindsight) over Prometheus (foresight aka the "light-bringer")

by analyzing the past we can ascertain Gods judgement and move accordingly but religion can skew many things due to satanic pride

Last edited: