We should be getting after BLM more

⠀X ⠀

Geoff
Daps
It was started by Black lesbian women, and funded by a white man. If you couldn’t tell that it was a sham from the start… :francis:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
It's like Jay Morrison and brother polight were handling the finances

King Poetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County , California
We not going to do anything about it

We haven’t done shyt last year , the year before that, and the years prior.

We going to yap about it like always and be right behind another black lives campaign and giving more money that’s not even going to impact change or the community..

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
A collection of scamming, Marxist black women spent years building their platforms on the backs of dead black men while simutaneously telling black men they needed to get in the back of the line to contribute to the movement. Years later there has been no real reprimand or consequences. I'd like to say their ideology is dying and a lot of that weird activism shyt is gone now but...what's to stop it from returning the minute the media wants it to. Mind you, it's not like police stopped killing black people (ie mainly black men)...the media just doesn't report on it much anymore. Just like they don't report on school shootings nearly as much as they did in previous years. Almost like there's been a media industry wide policy change.....

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
You supported lesbian BLM..

:umad:

From Dec. 5th, 2016:

BLM is a decentralized, self-explanatory movement. The founders of the Black Lives Matter organization don't guide, direct, or speak for the ideology.

I ain't with the feminist or LGBT elements they was trying to introduce. They can keep that.
:ufdup:
"Black Lives Matter" is a movement. There is a formalized organization called "Black Lives Matter", but it is neither necessary nor required to join that formal organization to participate in the movement. In my opinion, the formation of BLM as an organization was an attempt to unify the movement under one banner (which failed spectacularly).

I certainly don't co-sign with every belief of DeRay McKesson or the other founders of the BLM org. :scusthov:

Last edited:

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
A collection of scamming, Marxist black women spent years building their platforms on the backs of dead black men while simutaneously telling black men they needed to get in the back of the line to contribute to the movement. Years later there has been no real reprimand or consequences. I'd like to say their ideology is dying and a lot of that weird activism shyt is gone now but...what's to stop it from returning the minute the media wants it to. Mind you, it's not like police stopped killing black people (ie mainly black men)...the media just doesn't report on it much anymore. Just like they don't report on school shootings nearly as much as they did in previous years. Almost like there's been a media industry wide policy change.....
I don't believe they're Marxist
They have no ideals other than get money

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I don't believe they're Marxist
They have no ideals other than get money

Their leadership was definitely full of people who support communism and it's in the manifesto they released on their website. But it's western communism so it's basically scam shyt where you don't do any work with the people and collect money until you reach the class status you always wanted. Same shyt Hasan does on Twitch.

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Their leadership was definitely full of people who support communism and it's in the manifesto they released on their website. But it's western communism so it's basically scam shyt where you don't do any work with the people and collect money until you reach the class status you always wanted. Same shyt Hasan does on Twitch.
Yeah that's what I meant
They don't adhere to the tenets

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Gays will always sell you out to government and big money interests.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Why are people in here trying to act like there wasnt a thread in 2015 questioning BLMs purpose, calling it controlled opposition?

And theres goofies here that were defending those frauds like @Professor Emeritus formerly known as Rhakim, @BaggerofTea and others.

That's a 273 page thread and my only comment in it is saying that BLM isn't going to get anything done. :mjlol:

Current efforts are failing to accomplish what we hope for two primary reasons, one internal and one external.

The internal issue is that there is a giant shortfall in the community building/education/spiritual development side of shyt. The average protester today don't know jack shyt about the causes, goals, strategies, etc. beyond what they learn from sound bites and blurbs on social media. I'm not talking about the leaders and committed members, many of them are educated. But they ain't educating the public effectively. MLK Jr. and other CRM leaders gave long-ass sermons and speeches and wrote serious articles and letters that spelled out not just the goals, but which built them spiritually as people who could stand together to reach those goals. And people LISTENED to that shyt and READ that shyt and took it seriously. Until we have the same commitment to community education and spiritual/community development so we can BE the people who take this fight where it needs to go, then you shouldn't be surprised when people ain't ready to follow through. The Panthers knew this, which is why they took community work so seriously.

You know why it took Gandhi 30 years to kick the British out of India? Because he only held a major protest movement every 10 years. In-between he spent the entire time building the community, readying the people, developing their minds and spirits into the RIGHT kind of freedom fighters who could take on the British Empire. Every 10 years he made huge gains, and the British thought he would be satisfied, but he was just gathering his forces to prepare them for the next big gains. And y'all might say, "Well, fukk that, I ain't gonna wait years to get shyt popping." Well, it took Gandhi 30 years to gain freedom, but you know who else gained freedom during those 30 years? NO ONE. And like I said it wasn't like they weren't making massive gains in-between either. They were the first colony to gain independence from the British Empire n the 20th century because they put in the fukking work, and that set the stage for everyone else. We gotta be willing to put that internal, community-based work in too.

And the external issue? No one supporting White Supremacy feels economically pressed from us at all. I don't mean random dumbshyt racists getting their stores boycotted, that's fine and all but it changes nothing. I'm referring to the entire communities, entire business districts, entire police departments, entire city governments that support the actual system of White Supremacy that we are fighting against. When the CRM was popping they would fukk up life for an entire business district, for an entire city. We have to make them feel the pain. We HAVE to institute economic boycotts and government defunding measures that clearly and carefully target the exact systems and practices that are keeping the community down. The issue is that this takes a lot of solidarity, and a lot of commitment, and will mean we have to suffer our own economic sacrifices for a little bit to make it happen. And honestly, people ain't committed enough to do that shyt yet, they want to wild out for a few days and then return to their regularly scheduled employment and their favorite malls.

That's why the internal shyt needs to happen first.

How the fukk did you get from there to claiming that I'm the big name defending the people behind #BLM? :dead:

The clowns on this site can never get after me for what I actually say and believe, so they always have to just make shyt up. :mjlol:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think most people here have known this for quite some time.

I'm not really sure what more there is to say about it.

if you want to go protest out Patrisse Collurs house or whatever, have at it. fukk that fat bytch though, I'm not wasting my time or life on it, they're not gonna give the money back. not sure what more can be done in regards to BLM specifically.

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
BLM took a once in a lifetime opportunity for real lasting change and used it to line their own pockets and aid their anti black male crusade.

Can you imagine what they could have done with the money given to them? But maybe that money was always going to end up going to them and their friends.