Wealthy New Yorkers are spending $375 an hour on prep courses to get their kids in “Ivy” kindergarte

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
1ROB.gif

*waits for the stampede of sensitive NY posters*

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Article is a hilarious hit piece. I think a good number of the parents opting into private elite pre K programs for their kids or forking over 100s of thousands of dollars in bribes/donations are NEW MONEY. They have high salaries and wealth, but not the elite university pedigrees and club memberships of old money whites.
Their children will eventually compete for entrance into the top schools against legacies, children of alumni who make HUGE contributions yearly to those schools.The idea is that they will spend ANY amount of money to crack into that circle, and once they do, they are "accepted" and their descendants are considered a part of that class. With money at their disposal, these parents will spend any amount to give their kids a leg up in life.(real or perceived)
The father of Jared Kushner, was a self made man, and was at one time perhaps the WEALTHIEST man in NJ. He wasn't an old money WASP from Princeton though, he was a 1st/second generation jew from Hofstra. He made a HUGE contribution to Harvard the year Jared applied and JK got in. Now Jared has the wealth, and that "stamp".

What's hilarious to me is that the old money elite still find ways to distinguish themselves from new money that has broken into the circle

I say it's a hit piece because people trying to crack into the next "social class" go to extreme lengths all the time. As a % of their salaries, these elite pre K/kindergarten programs are less costly for these new money types than the things that less wealthy people do.

Rakpo98

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t blame these parents one bit. My parents paid top dollar to get me into one of these private kindergarten schools (St. Stephens) when I was at that age, which cost $7,000. I think when it comes to our kids, we want the best for them, so any cost isn’t unreasonable, especially if it gets them on the right path for success. When I have a kid, you better believe that I’m putting him/her into the best schools possible.

No cost is too great for my children’s future.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Did you really miss the reason I pointed out a spelling error in a thread about education? Relax.

I've seen you play grammar Nazi before with the they're/there/their thing and I'm pretty sure the other threads weren't related to education. It's whatever though, I'm not gonna derail the thread too much with it.

Edit: And just to be clear I think you're a good poster with good insight.