Wealthy New Yorkers are spending $375 an hour on prep courses to get their kids in “Ivy” kindergarte

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Even if I had the money, I wouldn't do this shyt.

Imagine starting your black child in a school with these little, snobby, spoiled nikkas.

Give me a diverse school with regular kids and teachers that appear to care about the kids; I'm sending my kids there. As I have.

Last edited:

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
Even if I had the money, I wouldn't do this shyt.

Imagine starting your black child in a school with these little, snobby, spoiled nikkas.

Give me a diverse school with regular kids and teachers that appear to care about the kids; I'm sending my kids there. As I have. Hi

The more and more I read about these types of parents I am sorely wondering if they dont value or believe in any kind of hard work for their own kids

Rakpo98

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The more and more I read about these types of parents I am sorely wondering if they dont value or believe in any kind of hard work for their own kids

I don’t think all the parents are in the wrong here. I’m sure there’s a good number of them that are like you said, but there are some who know that these schools (elementary, high school, etc), give their children a much better chance at a future then public schools that aren’t as rigid academically. It’s not just colleges that attract status minded individuals, but it’s now elementary and high schools too. Where you go pre school, elementary school and high school is a decent indicator no of where you’ll go to college, and if you have a better shot at a successful life.

I went to a pretty good, highly rated public high school in Northern Virginia, but ask the parents of the kids who went to that high school back then whether they would send their kid to a private high school, with access to the best teachers, and more importantly the best tutors?

Daps
How much weight is given to what parents are doing at home? If they are getting into these schools, and doing just enough to maintain the lowest passing grades, they are still im a better position that the kid who goes to an average public school, but gets straight As, because they will have the school name, and the connections.

It really puts things into perspective when blue collar whites say white people just work harder, and are smarter, which isn't the case. Mediocre Glenn is getting the job over working class intelligent Blake, because mediocre Glenn has the connections. So can Jamal with the rich black parents get the job too? Probably. But rich Jamal fills the token spot, so middle class Tyrone, and low income, but highly intelligent, and graduated wirh a 4.0 Kisha isn't getting hired over mediocre Glenn OR intellegent Blake

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
I don’t think all the parents are in the wrong here. I’m sure there’s a good number of them that are like you said, but there are some who know that these schools (elementary, high school, etc), give their children a much better chance at a future then public schools that aren’t as rigid academically. It’s not just colleges that attract status minded individuals, but it’s now elementary and high schools too. Where you go pre school, elementary school and high school is a decent indicator no of where you’ll go to college, and if you have a better shot at a successful life.

I went to a pretty good, highly rated public high school in Northern Virginia, but ask the parents of the kids who went to that high school back then whether they would send their kid to a private high school, with access to the best teachers, and more importantly the best tutors?

I guess my real puzzlement over this is whether the schooling(ie the actual education) at these schools is exponentially better with respect to cost.

Given the low talent entitled dummies that they spit out something is not adding up. But like I mentioned the status, bragging rights and connection is what they are really after, not so much the learning aspect

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I guess my real puzzlement over this is whether the schooling(ie the actual education) at these schools is exponentially better with respect to cost.

Given the low talent entitled dummies that they spit out something is not adding up. But like I mentioned the status, bragging rights and connection is what they are really after, not so much the learning aspect

I went to one of those schools growing up. Education is top notch but the connections and status are unparalleled and what you’re really paying for

I still use a lot of my relationships from back then for work and networking/socializing

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I've seen you play grammar Nazi before with the they're/there/their thing and I'm pretty sure the other threads weren't related to education. It's whatever though, I'm not gonna derail the thread too much with it.

Edit: And just to be clear I think you're a good poster with good insight.
If I police other people's grammar, I can't be mad when others police my conduct here. It's all good.

Rakpo98

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I went to one of those schools growing up. Education is top notch but the connections and status are unparalleled and what you’re really paying for

I still use a lot of my relationships from back then for work.

Exactly. What you get in connections when going to these institutions, dwarfs the educational aspect of pay to play. The chance to network with the elites, and use their connections is like winning the lottery for newer money people. Like the one dude said about the Kushner family earlier, if you’re new money, you want your kids to establish their footing in the elite world, and you do that by paying as much or more as the old money folk. In 2-3 generations, the Kushners will be old money.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
If you cannot afford a high priced kindergarten at least read to your child daily. Expose them to different concepts. Stay involved and be a catalyst for their learning.

All is not lost if you don’t send your children to a five digit kindergarten. Certainly their future isn’t guaranteed if they attend.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
How much weight is given to what parents are doing at home? If they are getting into these schools, and doing just enough to maintain the lowest passing grades, they are still im a better position that the kid who goes to an average public school, but gets straight As, because they will have the school name, and the connections.

It really puts things into perspective when blue collar whites say white people just work harder, and are smarter, which isn't the case. Mediocre Glenn is getting the job over working class intelligent Blake, because mediocre Glenn has the connections. So can Jamal with the rich black parents get the job too? Probably. But rich Jamal fills the token spot, so middle class Tyrone, and low income, but highly intelligent, and graduated wirh a 4.0 Kisha isn't getting hired over mediocre Glenn OR intellegent Blake
Blue collar whites defer naturally to rich whites. That's why they enlist to go fight wars that benefit the interests of the rich. And why they're always going to be exploited and manipulated by the wealthy.

They feel inferior to Glenn, but superior to Jamal, Tyrone, and Kisha.

This is why mediocre Glenn(Donald Trump) sells them fairy tales about Kisha (Barack Obama) only succeeding because of affirmative action...and they convince themselves that it's the truth.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
These parents probably get connections and force their kids into the top tier high schools in NY just like stuyvesant...:stopitslime: Tests my ass...

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Blue collar whites defer naturally to rich whites. That's why they enlist to go fight wars that benefit the interests of the rich. And why they're always going to be exploited and manipulated by the wealthy.

They feel inferior to Glenn, but superior to Jamal, Tyrone, and Kisha.

This is why mediocre Glenn(Donald Trump) sells them fairy tales about Kisha (Barack Obama) only succeeding because of affirmative action...and they convince themselves that it's the truth.

#FACTS :ehh: poor white folks be bootlicking the most...