Votes: 7 22.6%

• Total voters

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Young breh here. Did more guys treat women much worse in the 90s compared to now? After the Puff and other accusations, I've heard people hint that things were different back then. Also, the guy from this legendary Coli thread talks about it:

Also, do you think women chasing athletes and celebrities let them get away with more back then? I'd imagine before all the surgeries were widely available and social media, a girl like the one below wouldn't have them after her like she does today.

If you wasn’t there don’t ask :ufdup:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Yes.

Now they play pranks on ya. Back then, they said it to ya face and often time put hands on you.

I was assaulted at Morehouse in front of other guards and a supervisor and nobody cared.

A dude put me in a chokehold at a Wendy's in Conyers when I worked there. He didn't get fired. I did. I ain't gonna say what happened but he had it coming. I AINT NO PUNK!!!!!

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
Young breh here. Did more guys treat women much worse in the 90s compared to now? After the Puff and other accusations, I've heard people hint that things were different back then. Also, the guy from this legendary Coli thread talks about it:

Also, do you think women chasing athletes and celebrities let them get away with more back then? I'd imagine before all the surgeries were widely available and social media, a girl like the one below wouldn't have them after her like she does today.

I was a jit but I was around alot of fukkery back then, used to have to clean up salons and shyt, back then only women of the night got their hair done weekly/semi weekly. Also 90s bled from the 80s obviously and the crack epidemic was crazy, I think alot of the issues stem from seeing how strawberries would just give it up for rocks.. Seeing your friend OG strung out and not having no self respect can fukk u up but shyt be soo normal like wtf..

Also the chasing of the athletes always been a thing but I guess it was more isolated to certain regions, with social media they can get your girl from anywhere and fly her out.. Being in south florida always been the olympics, have had multiple athletes, artist step to girls I mess with, it happens.. But I think now its worse just because of the clout and social media. Back then it wasnt no confusion, they was goin probably for a night of fun and that was that..

I wasnt living it so cant speak on it intimately but I know that crack era had people doing crazy shyt like they self dignity didnt matter, that could make people change the perception of how they treat others. Plus youngin from this era are soo hyper sensitive to be offended and cancel someone everything back then would be considered toxic, ya would probably faint at the site..

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Crack era, everyone was far more :demonic: and confrontational. Fights were a common thing. Robberies were the same. Shoplifting was a damn sport.

Yeah, (black) dudes had to either have the natural :birdman: expression, had to be the comedian, or the smooth talker. Wasn't none of that "College Dropout" Kanye attitude unless you were Carlton Banks lol. So naturally, brehs were more HOH since the superthug Onyx/Pac prototype was the norm. Too much lead and undisciplined testosterone caused the violence.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I was a kid/young teen in the 90's, but I moved to 52nd and Baltimore in Philly in '96'. My suburban ass got fukked with so bad the first few years there.

Girls used to get manhandled back in the day. Hitting a woman was wrong, but a lot of people turned a blind eye to it and it was harder to expose up until smartphones came out in the mid 2000's. One of the only real benefits of smartphones.

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As a 90s kid, i'll just say that my father took my brother and me to the arcade in coney island back in 95 or 96 at 9 or 10 at night right off of stillwell and surf to play mortal kombat 3. Anybody that been there.. smoked tinted windows knows how grimey that arcade was. All those coney island arcades were grimey arcades in the 90s. Thats a distinct feeling that if you wasnt there, you wouldnt know.

Basically that same arcade, unfortunately. Not too long when we went there either before or after, apparently someone got their head blown off there. Saw it on the evening news. It was in the wintertime too. Maybe it was just me but crime and all that grimey shyt was normalize back then a lot. Either you got out of dodge or not. As a kid, you could still get it. I had one of my neighbors boyfriend pull a knife out on me when i was 6 or 7 all because i was being silly. Stupid shyt.

Last edited:

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I grew up as a kid in the 90s. Things were different back then. And I honestly can't say for the better in some cases. Seen a lot of shyt coming up. Violence was much more frequent it seens. Perhaps it was the area i grew up in. My most vivid memory was seeing two dead brehs in a ditch while on the school bus. There were no camera phones back then. We just went home with that shyt forever etched in our young minds. Brehs were definitely more about that life and had a more serious demeanor to them. And yes, dissing and dogging out women was far more socially acceptable.

On the flip side people were a lot more down to earth. When it came to women was a lot easier to date it seems. You didn't need a social media account for clout. Life was simpler. People's expectations in the opposite sex seemed more grounded in reality.

lib123

All Star
Daps
I grew up as a kid in the 90s. Things were different back then. And I honestly can't say for the better in some cases. Seen a lot of shyt coming up. Violence was much more frequent it seens. Perhaps it was the area i grew up in. My most vivid memory was seeing two dead brehs in a ditch while on the school bus. There were no camera phones back then. We just went home with that shyt forever etched in our young minds. Brehs were definitely more about that life and had a more serious demeanor to them. And yes, dissing and dogging out women was far more socially acceptable.

On the flip side people were a lot more down to earth. When it came to women was a lot easier to date it seems. You didn't need a social media account for clout. Life was simpler. People's expectations in the opposite sex seemed more grounded in reality.

These clips seem to accurately capture what you were saying.

lib123

All Star
Daps
Another thing that stands out is you older brehs looked way older than us younger guys when you were in HS and college. In addition to the heightened stress from daily life y’all experienced, I’ve heard a theory that testosterone levels have been gradually declining among teens and young adults. Many of today’s high schoolers look like 12 year olds from the 90s lol.

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
Another thing that stands out is you older brehs looked way older than us younger guys when you were in HS and college. In addition to the heightened stress from daily life y’all experienced, I’ve heard a theory that testosterone levels have been gradually declining among teens and young adults. Many of today’s high schoolers look like 12 year olds from the 90s lol.
Yea they working towards androgyny so the males closer to females, sad to see.. also why they soo emotional and crash out or wearing makeup..

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
Yes

Was alot easier to be a dog back then
This is FACTS!! My playa unc back in day had a caddie and stayed in shape, there was no cell phones and you couldnt keep track of people, if he wasnt home you wasnt catchin him and it was cool.. Women would pull up looking for him after checkin his spot and we like he aint here and they would wait for a lil while we play pole to pole football.. Real patient while he probably sliding with something else, buy us .50 ice cream and be on her way.. Good ol days.. :wow:

Cell phone nowadays just a hater tracking device.. Literally a ball and chain..