Were the 90's the most brand obsessed decade of all-time?

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I remember in school, if you were black, you HAD to have these logos on your shirt or jeans. You were getting clowned if you didn't. Levis? Nah... Lee Jeans....nah

brand.gif

Tommy_Hilfiger_logo_white.png

polo-ralph-lauren-iron-on-wall-stickers-06.jpg

150px-Starter_Corp_logo.png

and your shoes had to be Nike or Polo boots. Addidas?....hell nah Reebok? Nah, unless it was the Iversons

It was really rough back then as a kid. :francis:

Nowadays I see kids just wear whatever, no logos, no nothing and all different types of brands. I'm sure some clowning still exists, but the bar isn't as high.

Not to mention, I had big feet I always had to wear boot cut jeans b/c standard fit jeans made my shoes look too big. :mjcry: Now I see kids in skinny jeans with big feet and it's "cool".

I'm jealous. :beli:

Last edited:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I remember being 6 or 7 years old walking to the rec center and getting ATTACKED by a group of older girls cuz I had on a polo shirt. They grabbed me and checked the tag to see if it was real...it wasn’t :francis:
shyt was crazy.
I remember the first FUBU shirt I had. First thing dudes said, was "is it real?" :martin: And checked the tag....

I bought it from a dude at the barbershop. :hubie: But that tag was real tho. :takedat:

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
Had that off brand Logo Athletic rather than Starter Jackets....and British Knight sneaks instead of Nikes....

My gear was all the way fukked up brehs and brehettes...
:mjcry:
I had some British Knights but I went to school with mainly cacs at the time so they ain't know what was hot or not :whew:
when I went to an all black school tho :sadbron:.....had some fake Nike Air Max shoes copped outside of a gas station :to:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
shyt was crazy.
I remember the first FUBU shirt I had. First thing dudes said, was "is it real?" :martin: And checked the tag....

I bought it from a dude at the barbershop. :hubie: But that tag was real tho. :takedat:

i had a green fubu hoody also bought from a barbershop :heh:, think it was like 70 bucks :scust:

now i can cop like 4 hoodies at old navy for that price

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Mine was green too breh. :bryan:

No hoodie, but it had this logo on it

fb-fubu-75087058.jpg

:heh:

yep its crazy , i also had like 2 fubu jeans i think they were like 90 a piece.

Now i'm making good money and besides suits I can't tell the last clothing item i bought that was like over 50 :heh:

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
i
I remember in school, if you were black, you HAD to have these logos on your shirt or jeans. You were getting clowned if you didn't. Levis? Nah... Lee Jeans....nah

brand.gif

Tommy_Hilfiger_logo_white.png

polo-ralph-lauren-iron-on-wall-stickers-06.jpg

150px-Starter_Corp_logo.png

and your shoes had to be Nike or Polo boots. Addidas?....hell nah Reebok? Nah, unless it was the Iversons

It was really rough back then as a kid. :francis:

Nowadays I see kids just wear whatever, no logos, no nothing and all different types of brands. I'm sure some clowning still exists, but the bar isn't as high.

Not to mention, I had big feet I always had to wear boot cut jeans b/c standard fit jeans made my shoes look too big. :mjcry: Now I see kids in skinny jeans with big feet and it's "cool".

I'm jealous. :beli:

what's crazy is that you can buy starter and fubu at wal mart now

you know how many cats got jammed up behind those brands in the 90's? :francis: