Were the 90's the most brand obsessed decade of all-time?

Rusty$hackleford

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PHX
i wore puma high tops in middle school cuz my mom only a 40 dollar limit for sneakers...roasted

i also had the hakeem olajuwon sneaks back in the day..cats tried to roast me but it was known i was a rockets fan..didnt care it was 29.99...i wore them :birdman:
:dead:
Oh shyt them Spalding's, my little bro rocked his proudly. Or was it the drexler's :jbhmm:

I remember the first Nikes I got ever from sports authority 9th grade, these actual fit parents budget. I was :ooh::gladbron::blessed: when my parents agreed to buy. Got to school and brehs and rich cacs quickly spoiled my shyt, they like those are baseball shoes. I ain't know no better, even tho they had little dimples on the bottom they was fresh. Still made the screaches on the court :ufdup:
And I was balling on them punks. Found em! These exact joints right here (definitely not at that price tho) the white and blue ones, with the strap too :blessed:

1dypsm.png

:mjcry:
Man fukk those kids at school

Rusty$hackleford

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PHX
..the mental scars i still carry from that from elementary school and middle school..
Dap + rep :wow:

As far as the thread premise, I'm not so sure I agree that it's less bad these days. The pressure to conform and keep up with the Joneses i know is still there.

Now the question is, how are yal gone do (or already do) with your kids? I've long outgrown all my friends, and say fukk that peer pressure now. Parents tried to tell me but as kids we wasnt hearing none of that. And this was the driving factor on getting a job early at 15 so I could then buy my own shyt. I stopped caring about my peers (for the most part) circa senior year.

Figure my boy gone be the same as me. Im struggling to decide how I'm gone respond, but I guess im more like my parents than I thought. shyt was so important at the time but got damn I cannot tell you what became of my fubu and esco jerseys after the fad died. Even them shoes I posted, shyt stung deep so I know I didn't wear them long, definitely didn't wear them out..
:wow: