WESTBROOK WITH THE FIRST EVER PLAYOFF 50 POINT TRIPLE-DOUBLE .. THUNDER STILL LOSE

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
I didn't see the game so if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Feel free to correct me. :manny:

But from the box score I saw and what I was told of the game, Westbrook shot them out of it in the fourth quarter even though OKC was winning comfortably for much of the contest. I was told that OKC's early advantage came from Westbrook deferring/facilitating more. The Thunder then fell apart when he wasn't on the floor and he shouldn't have tried to do it by himself.

You were wrong
His teammates can't keep a lead
He come off the bench trying to get them back into it and things had gone to far by then

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
he built them a 12 point lead in the 3rd...sat down...they shytted the lead away...he came back and tried set guys up...turnovers, bricks at the rim...bricks from distance..nikkas playing hot potato with the ball....so he started hogging :ehh:

watching, it was hard to blame him for that..but it was also a little ridiculous...but again, he just dont have the weapons..the difference between his cast and James cast is staggering..but James also has a superior IQ offensively..or it appears that way..i really dont know if anybody can make these guys Russ got any better outside of Lebron
full

Let's talk about making teammates better.
Let's talk about leadership style. :ehh:

I got my old Organizational Behavior textbook right here. :manny:

*Open it up*

Here's a section on behavior of leaders that sabotages their leadership potential..:patrice:

Barrier 1: Overemphasizing personal goals as opposed to what's best for the organization

Barrier 2: Being overly distracted with own self-image

Barrier 3: Turning competitors into enemies

Barrier 4: Believing one must lead alone

Barrier 5: Patience necessary in some circumstances actually stands in the way of one's progress

Do any of these sound applicable to Westbrook?:comeon:

Could it possibly be that Westbrook's leadership style is not only not conducive to elevating his supporting cast, but is actually inhibiting all growth around him?:gucci:

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
I'm convinced you don't actually read posts that oppose your views. Look at my first post again. I said BEST YEAR. BEST YEAR. BEST YEAR.
FOH U TRIED TO OVERRATE REGGIE JACKSON TO MAKE IT SEEN LIKE WESTBROOK MADE HIM WORSE .. OF COURSE HE AVERAGED MORE POINTS N ASSISTS IN DETROIT. HE WAS COMIN OFF THE BENCH FOR 20 MPG IN OKC! HE WAS ACTUALLY MORE EFFICIENT THEN TBH.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES

*Open it up*

Here's a section on behavior of leaders that sabotages their leadership potential..:patrice:

Barrier 1: Overemphasizing personal goals as opposed to what's best for the organization

Barrier 5: Patience necessary in some circumstances actually stands in the way of one's progress

Could it possibly be that Westbrook's leadership style is not only not conducive to elevating his supporting cast, but is actually inhibiting all growth around him?:gucci:

DIDNT INHIBIT DURANT AND IBAKA, DID IT?

/THREAD

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Westbrook had three other starters and three guys off the bench shooting 50% or better, Harden had 3 other starters shooting under 50%.

B-b-b-but Westbrook's teammates can't hit shots so he has to shoot below 25% in the 4th to have a chance to win.

letti cook

Superstar
Daps

*Open it up*

:ehh: i aint mad at nothing you said...at the same time...i get why Russ be Russin'...them nikkas sorry :manny:

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Yes. I saw Westbrook shoot and shoot and shoot while everyone watches. I'm not saying those guys are the most dynamic or best role players. But nikka I'm familiar with Taj watched him nightly with the bulls. He should get more then 6 attempts. His numbers on the Thunder are down across the board. Olapido is not a spot up 3 pt shooter and that's what's he's been regulated too playing with Westbrook

Breh I'm a big Taj fan myself (one of the main reasons I would check up on the Bulls) but yeah I think they haven't integrated him well. Indeed he should be around 10-12 attempts I think, post-ups and jump shots. But even though I didn't watch the Bulls as much as you did, I think it's fair to say that he's not gonna get you more than 12-14 pts...I was hoping he would become a steady 17-19 pts guy, but for some reason it didn't happen :yeshrug:

Can't blame Westbrooks teammates for anything if Westbrook took all the shots. If you go one on five, it's all you if you win and it's all you if you lose.

I agree with this line of the reasonning, he'd be the hero if he made a couple more shots. But honestly watching the game, I saw his teammates miss so many opportunities that's it's a catch-22 of sorts. There's a reason the defense can swarm on him when he drives, as opposed to the Rockets. But yeah some of his shots were :francis:

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
These excuses are hilarious considering we saw him ballhog when he had KD and Ibaka on the team :pachaha:

And the same ones whining how KD should've stayed cause they were so close, are now saying there's no one on the court with Russ.:mjlol:

It can't be both

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps

*Open it up*

Great post. The leadership role is not for everyone, in those instances, that's where the head coach earns his cash....
Btw that 4th quarter had nothing on my Knick OG Starks

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Russ shot 39% and the rest of the Thunder shot 42%

Russ is a black hole

I don't blame KD for dipping now :snoop:

Oladipo look like a good 2 way player with the Magic he get to the Thunder looks trash now

Kanter was a walking double double with the Jazz and looked like his old self when he gets involved and Russ don't stole rebounds from him so he stay stuff for another "triple double"

Gibson did work with the Bulls and Doug had his moments they look awful playing with the black hole

Adams was looking like Deandre Jordan when KD was around he was a good defensive player who rebound well and a little inside job KD left the black hole got bigger. Their bigs out here boxing out so Russell Westbrook can get the rebound for stat stuffing triple double. That stuff messes up their aggression because they not going up getting rebounds like bigs supposed to do.

If the black hole would stop playing heroball, his team plays better.

All the top NBA pass the ball around and play the game the right way. I'm tired of this dude getting a pass for playing bad basketball y'all can miss with that "oh his teammates" shyt too because nobody on this earth want to play with a ball hog

This shyt is a big reason why Durant left. It had been known for years that he wanted the team to move the ball more and they never fixed this issue as a team. Way too much isolation and hero ball, especially late in games.

This shyt is all completely on point.

This is why I been so bugged by Russ's game all year...because he makes basketball worse. These are NOT bad players.

Adams is an above-average center on both ends. He was crushing guys in the playoffs last year. And the Rockets suck at defense inside.

Gibson is an average power forward on offense and above-average on defense. He has a jumper and can score inside. And he had a mismatch all night.

Oladipo is a young 16-4-4 guy who shoots 36% from three and plays great defense. How many 2-guards are there like that in the whole nba? He's definitely above-average.

At the three, you can pick between Roberson for above-average defense or McDermott for above-average shooting.

And off the bench, Kanter is one of the top offensive bigs in the league, Sabonis is fine for a backup PF, Abrines can shoot, and Grant okay for a 10th-man.

Westbrook just makes them ALL worse. The OKC front line dominated last year against better defenses - Adams should be crushing guys inside, but Westbrook only goes to him when he padding assists. The two-man game with Kanter is there every possession he's on the floor. And Gibson could get way more touches, especially off drives.

Oladipo is a solid offensive player, but he and Russ should be playing a two-man game with movement. It's stupid and demoralizing for him to just stand in place waiting to see what Russ will do.

Big men don't work hard if they don't get to eat. Taking their rebounds and shot attempts all year some stupid shyt - Thunder could have THREE double-double guys in Adams Kanter Gibson. Shooters gotta shoot to have confidence - when you wide open and Russ still don't pass, you less likely to make the next one. And everyone's ball handing and ball movement skills gonna atrophy if Russ just pounds the ball for 35 min/game. Not to mention the resentment from having to constantly cover for him on D because he waiting under the hoop for rebounds.

Westbrook is the best player on the Thunder. The team sucks without him because they have no backup point. But his awful decisions make him worse, and they make everyone else worse.

Durant was an MVP swingman with an MVP candidate point guard and the best front line in basketball. And everyone on his team was under 27. And they'd been building chemistry for years. He left that to join a rival team that had to dump two bigs and relied on an injury-prone Curry who might decline fast, along with a fading Iggy, and who might lose either Klay or Draymond in coming years. Does anyone doubt anymore that being tired of Westbrook was one reason why?

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

*Open it up*

Fantastic post.

There's also the demoralizing factor where management supports the favorite son no matter what he does, so you feel there's no one to appeal to.

This team could be better is they played right. And that's 100% on Westbrook and the coaches deciding to give in to Westbrook.