What a shock, Pats deflated footballs on purpose, Tom Brady was "generally aware"

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Superstar
Daps
So apparently they only tested 4 Colts balls because they ran out of time during halftime:mindblown:

Only four Colts balls were tested because the officials were running out of time before the start of the second half.
What kind of tomfoolery is this shyt:heh:. How can one compare data between 4 Colts footballs vs 11 Patriot footballs. What if those other 7 Colts footballs were lower PSI? That could be significant:heh:

Brady's lawyers are gonna eat through this like a fat kid goes through a buffet:pachaha:

What are the odds that the rest of the Colts balls were deflated if four of the random footballs tested were measured around 12.5 PSI though?

You could choose any of the 4 Pats footballs and they were all under 12.5 PSI

Stack Money

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Lol at you claiming I'm a "drama queen" yet you getting all in your feelings writing me a fukkin novel crying about nonsense.

"They're all just a haaaaaters"

:mjlol:

ol I can't summarize my emotions ass nikka

Brady cheated deal with it
:camby:
Says the butthurt fakkit thats STILL in here whinin to everyone who posts in the thread about this, even those other homotional crybabies got tired and left but you still in here goin full retard.:scusthov:

:pachaha:at claimin 2 small paragraphs is a "fukkin novel", only a dumb nikka that don't read would say some stupid shyt like that. All your rant filled posts in this thread are collectively closer to novel length so you shouldn't be throwin stones nikka.:ufdup:

And you stay screamin the same bullshyt in every post you make ol "I'm too emotional to compose a coherent argument so I'm just gonna repeat myself hopin it'll be true" ass nikka.:michaeljordanlaugh:

Maluma

Banned
Daps
No, they are not flipping a coin. If they were flipping a coin, they would not have proved the preponderance of evidence.

You know what "more probable than not" means? It means it is not 50-50. They are NOT flipping a coin. The majority of the evidence supports the conclusion that Brady cheated, which is the exact standard that was at stake the whole time.

Seriously, if you don't understand the process, just stop. Are you really dumb enough to think the report was going to claim "absolute certainty" in ANY scenario, especially when Brady refused to turn his own records over? Or do you just Stan for Brady so hard that you don't care whether anything you say makes sense or not?

the standard is literally 51-49, which is statistically insignificant with respect to flipping a coin. Do you seriously not understand math?:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Maluma

Banned
Daps
No, they are not flipping a coin. If they were flipping a coin, they would not have proved the preponderance of evidence.

You know what "more probable than not" means? It means it is not 50-50. They are NOT flipping a coin. The majority of the evidence supports the conclusion that Brady cheated, which is the exact standard that was at stake the whole time.

Seriously, if you don't understand the process, just stop. Are you really dumb enough to think the report was going to claim "absolute certainty" in ANY scenario, especially when Brady refused to turn his own records over? Or do you just Stan for Brady so hard that you don't care whether anything you say makes sense or not?
Earlier today, I spent way too much time hunting-and-pecking my way through an item regarding the problems with the two pressure gauges used to measure the Patriots footballs at halftime of the AFC title game. I spent so much time focused on the nuances that I didn’t give proper attention to perhaps the most obvious problem of all.

To summarize, the NFL had two air pressure gauges available at the game. One had a Wilson logo on the back and a long, crooked needle. The other did not have a Wilson logo, and a shorter, straighter needle.

The gauge with the logo and the longer needle generated higher measurements of the Patriots footballs at halftime, ranging from 0.3 PSI to 0.45 PSI higher for each of the 11 footballs. If that gauge — the one with the logo and the longer, crooked needle — were used to set the PSI for the balls before the game began, the measurements from that gauge are the right measurements to rely upon at halftime. And those measurements show that there was no tampering, because most of the footballs fell within the 11.52 to 11.32 PSI range for halftime, as predicted by the Ideal Gas Law.

Referee Walt Anderson didn’t clearly recall which gauge he used to set the pressure in the Patriots balls at 12.5 PSI before the game. Page 52 of the Wells report reveals that it was Anderson’s “best recollection” that he used before the game the gauge with the logo and the longer, crooked needle. In other words, Anderson recalls using the gauge before the game that, based on the halftime measurements, leads to a finding of no tampering.

So how did Ted Wells get around the “best recollection” of Walt Anderson? Wells persuaded Anderson to admit that it’s “certainly possible” he used the other gauge. And the company hired to provide technical support for the Wells report concluded based on a convoluted explanation appearing at pages 116-17 of the report that it is “more probable than not” that Anderson used the other gauge.

In other words, the Wells report concludes on this critical point that it’s “more probable than not” that Anderson’s “best recollection” was wrong.

Why should Anderson’s “best recollection” be doubted? He knew that there was a concern about tampering with the footballs. He presumably was paying more careful attention to the process of getting the balls filled with air before the AFC title game than he normally does.

So which gauge did you use, Walt, realizing that there could be a question later about the inflation of the footballs?

“Well, my best recollection is that I used the one with the long, crooked needle.”

Is it possible, Walt, that you used the other gauge that was available? You know, the one that for whatever reason measures the air pressure at 0.3 to 0.45 PSI lower?

“Well, I don’t know about that. . . .”

Isn’t it possible, Walt?

“Well, it’s certainly possible.”

That’s how investigations that start with a predetermined outcome and work backward unfold. (Holy crap, I think I’m beginning to agree with Don Yee.) And that’s why Wells should have concluded based on the scientific evidence that the question of whether tampering occurred in connection with the AFC title game is inconclusive.

Regardless of whether certain executives in the league office wanted the Patriots to be found guilty of cheating or whether Wells personally believed based on the non-scientific evidence that cheating must have happened, something prevented Wells from making a truly objective assessment of the scientific evidence. And a truly objective assessment of the scientific evidence should have led to this conclusion: It’s unclear whether tampering occurred.

This doesn’t mean the Patriots should be exonerated. The texts between Larry and Curly and the potential involvement of Tom Brady a/k/a Moe Howard requires further examination regarding whether there was a pattern of deliberate efforts to get the footballs below 12.5 PSI at kickoff on a regular basis. And Tom Brady should be presumed guilty at best and suspended indefinitely until he gives up his text messages and emails at worst for his failure to cooperate with the investigation.

But as it relates to the AFC title game, the scientific evidence was resolved not simply by a coin flip, but by a coin flip that Walt Anderson recalls as landing heads, and that someone else decided was actually tails. If discipline is going to be imposed on the Patriots or any individuals, it needs to be based on something other than whatever did or didn’t happen before the AFC title game.

CLIFFS:

-entire investigation came down to a COIN FLIP
-RIP @The Dankster :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
the standard is literally 51-49, which is statistically insignificant with respect to flipping a coin. Do you seriously not understand math?:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

I have absolutely no doubt that I was better at math as a 12-year-old than you are right now. I've high-scored math classes that you've never even signed up for.

But that is insignificant to the fact that you are making some of the most logic-absent arguments I've ever seen.

On a different note, which NFL team do you root for? And who's your favorite QB?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I'm sure you can parse a couple sentences better than that. Read it again.

And your math/logic is wack. The standard of proof is not "51/49" in the first place, and you can't compare the true standard of evidence to a coin flip in ANY case.

At the least, the standard of evidence is "all scenarios greater than 51/49", which is NOT comparable to a coin flip in any statistical situation. But in reality, evidence is never delineated at that level of 1% precision (the human mind doesn't intuitively read 51/49 odds as differentiated from 50/50 odds in most real-world scenarios), so the true "more probable than not" standard is some undefinable level clearly above 51/49, and clearly differentiated from a coin flip by the human mind and statistical probability.

But this is all a waste of time, because anyone who doesn't already know this either doesn't give a shyt, doesn't understand what is being said, or is stanning for the Patriots so hard that no logical argument will matter.

Last edited:

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What are the odds that the rest of the Colts balls were deflated if four of the random footballs tested were measured around 12.5 PSI though?

You could choose any of the 4 Pats footballs and they were all under 12.5 PSI

A lot of the stuff in that investigation is all loosey goosey. The fact that they had two gauges which had a significant difference in readings. The fact that Walt Anderson, the guy who measured the balls, was not sure which gauge he used before the game, and the fact that Walt didn't even record the readings and simply said "from what I remember".:mjlol:

I get that the people who hate Brady will never see this shyt objectively, so :yeshrug:

BTW, I'm a Ravens fan. It ain't like I got love for the Pats.:manny:

Maluma

Banned
Daps
I'm sure you can parse a couple sentences better than that. Read it again.

And your math/logic is wack. The standard of proof is not "51/49" in the first place, and you can't compare the true standard of evidence to a coin flip in ANY case.

At the least, the standard of evidence is "all scenarios greater than 51/49", which is NOT comparable to a coin flip in any statistical situation. But in reality, evidence is never delineated at that level of 1% precision (the human mind doesn't intuitively read 51/49 odds as differentiated from 50/50 odds in most real-world scenarios), so the true "more probable than not" standard is some undefinable level clearly above 51/49, and clearly differentiated from a coin flip by the human mind and statistical probability.

But this is all a waste of time, because anyone who doesn't already know this either doesn't give a shyt, doesn't understand what is being said, or is stanning for the Patriots so hard that no logical argument will matter.

this is what defeat looks like.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
2) The Patriots equipment manager calling himself the deflater was clearly joking the fukk around if you read the context of the conversation. He even said, "I have not gone to ESPN...........yet." You cannot be that ignorant.

That message was dated MAY 2014. There was no such thing as deflate-gate back then. Why the is he joking about deflating footballs...unless he's deflating footballs? The ESPN stuff makes it even worse, because it proves that he KNOWS that this shyt is a bit deal and that Tom Brady is the guy who would take the fall.

Take your 4 games on the bench and smoke 'em. :myman:

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Wachaveli, I'll parse it myself this time so you can understand.

The standard of evidence is more probable than not.

So it has to be discernable from 50-50.

51-49, as you point out, is not discernable from 50-50 - it would be perceived as a coin flip.

An investigation is not a rigorous calculation. There is no mathematical equation here. You can't get "51-49" as a result, all you can get is a sense that it is more probable. In other words, it MUST be discernable from 50-50, and not possible to perceive as a coin flip.

Thus, the standard of evidence is GREATER than anything that could be perceived as a coin flip.

You have lost. Brady's taking the L. The argument was already lost before this conversation even started, so just do your best to learn something from it so you don't take addtional L's.

Maluma

Banned
Daps

51-49, as you point out, is not discernable from 50-50 - it would be perceived as a coin flip.

An investigation is not a rigorous calculation. There is no mathematical equation here. You can't get "51-49" as a result, all you can get is a sense that it is more probable. In other words, it MUST be discernable from 50-50, and not possible to perceive as a coin flip.

Thus, the standard of evidence is GREATER than anything that could be perceived as a coin flip.

You have lost. Brady's taking the L. The argument was already lost before this conversation even started, so just do your best to learn something from it so you don't take addtional L's.

ITP: The Dankster admits he never took a basic statistics class.

ITP: The Dankster conveniently ignores my follow-up post (quoting Mike Florio) and the true "coin flip" nature of this entire investigation.

The self-ether is real. The L's keep racking up for this broke dikk :whoo:

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps

Dawg, number 1 go sit down and reflect on why the post where you just quoted me makes no point whatsoever. The date of the message is irrelevant. Of course equipment managers mess with air pressure, it's their job to get it at the air that QBs want. The only evidence we have is of Brady saying he wants it at 13 PSI. This entire investigation is stupid by the way. Second, stop trying to play attorney. I hate when people start talking about things they know nothing about and that is why I finally posted in here. Your entire post above is nonsensical bullshyt. What the fukk do you mean an investigation is not a rigorous calculation? You clearly mean that there is not an exact equation to it, but even that means nothing because every case is different. That is common sense. You just said that you cannot get 51-49 and then said all you can get is more probable. Do YOU even know what you're talking about? Are you confusing yourself?

The NFL is not an administrative body. It has a standard is loosely like the standard for civil trials which is by a "preponderance of evidence." That means it is akin to more likely than not. So would a reasonable person believe that that it is more likely than not that Tom Brady was aware of McNally messing with footballs. The evidence suggests nothing of the sort. First and foremost, the evidence does not even suggest that the Patriots messed with the footballs. NO one knows what the additional readings were, no one knows which gauges were used, the readings from the two refs are very different, the scientific methods used ignore many variables and even the scientists that conducted the tests ( a company notorious for being paid to bring about whatever results their client wants) said they have no way of being sure. But every time something is up in the air in the report, Wells just assumed the Pats did something wrong. He just asserted his opinion saying "it is unlikely." So we do not even have evidence that the Pats messed with the balls after the air was put in them outside of the guy going to the bathroom--that is it.

Tom Brady's entire testimony is not in the report. The Pats are being punished for not making the guy available for a 5th time. Brady is being called non-compliant because he refused to leave his cell phone with the NFL. Why would a public figure do that? The NFl also has no subpoena power via the CBA, so he got punished for not doing something that the league and players bargained over. I can go on and on. Long story short, if a guy who was only officially sworn in 2 months ago like me can poke holes in this shyt in 20 minutes, what do you think Brady's attorneys and the NFLPA are about to do? Roger gave you Patriots haters what you wanted to get back in your good graces and you all fell for it. There is no way an independent arbitrator (and most hate Goodell if you look at history), will not overturn this. What is fukked up is the Pats cannot appeal the loss of the draft picks and the fine. And Roger just ruined a man's reputation for no reason. Anyone co-signing this just looks like a p*ssy two ways (1) for pretending to be outraged about some trivial shyt that no one would care about if it was not the Patriots who the NFL's Lakers/Yankees/Mayweathher, etc. (2) the fact that you needed the NFL to take down the Pats because no one in the AFC has been able to do it consistently when they are healthy. I'm a Lakers fan through and through, but I always defended guys like LeBron, Lynch or whomever else from ridiculous attacks despite hating them on the field--I am literally besides myself right now with what just seems like the biggest collective bytch fit of grown male sports fan in my lifetime. Thank goodness for CFB.