What a shock, Pats deflated footballs on purpose, Tom Brady was "generally aware"

KevJ

Overall Nice Guy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
Dawg, number 1 go sit down and reflect on why the post where you just quoted me makes no point whatsoever. The date of the message is irrelevant. Of course equipment managers mess with air pressure, it's their job to get it at the air that QBs want. The only evidence we have is of Brady saying he wants it at 13 PSI. This entire investigation is stupid by the way. Second, stop trying to play attorney. I hate when people start talking about things they know nothing about and that is why I finally posted in here. Your entire post above is nonsensical bullshyt. What the fukk do you mean an investigation is not a rigorous calculation? You clearly mean that there is not an exact equation to it, but even that means nothing because every case is different. That is common sense. You just said that you cannot get 51-49 and then said all you can get is more probable. Do YOU even know what you're talking about? Are you confusing yourself?

The NFL is not an administrative body. It has a standard is loosely like the standard for civil trials which is by a "preponderance of evidence." That means it is akin to more likely than not. So would a reasonable person believe that that it is more likely than not that Tom Brady was aware of McNally messing with footballs. The evidence suggests nothing of the sort. First and foremost, the evidence does not even suggest that the Patriots messed with the footballs. NO one knows what the additional readings were, no one knows which gauges were used, the readings from the two refs are very different, the scientific methods used ignore many variables and even the scientists that conducted the tests ( a company notorious for being paid to bring about whatever results their client wants) said they have no way of being sure. But every time something is up in the air in the report, Wells just assumed the Pats did something wrong. He just asserted his opinion saying "it is unlikely." So we do not even have evidence that the Pats messed with the balls after the air was put in them outside of the guy going to the bathroom--that is it.

Tom Brady's entire testimony is not in the report. The Pats are being punished for not making the guy available for a 5th time. Brady is being called non-compliant because he refused to leave his cell phone with the NFL. Why would a public figure do that? The NFl also has no subpoena power via the CBA, so he got punished for not doing something that the league and players bargained over. I can go on and on. Long story short, if a guy who was only officially sworn in 2 months ago like me can poke holes in this shyt in 20 minutes, what do you think Brady's attorneys and the NFLPA are about to do? Roger gave you Patriots haters what you wanted to get back in your good graces and you all fell for it. There is no way an independent arbitrator (and most hate Goodell if you look at history), will not overturn this. What is fukked up is the Pats cannot appeal the loss of the draft picks and the fine. And Roger just ruined a man's reputation for no reason. Anyone co-signing this just looks like a p*ssy two ways (1) for pretending to be outraged about some trivial shyt that no one would care about if it was not the Patriots who the NFL's Lakers/Yankees/Mayweathher, etc. (2) the fact that you needed the NFL to take down the Pats because no one in the AFC has been able to do it consistently when they are healthy. I'm a Lakers fan through and through, but I always defended guys like LeBron, Lynch or whomever else from ridiculous attacks despite hating them on the field--I am literally besides myself right now with what just seems like the biggest collective bytch fit of grown male sports fan in my lifetime. Thank goodness for CFB.

It's embarrassing that they are doing this to somebody with no evidence whatsoever... Just speculation, ruining the name and character of one of the greatest to ever do it

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Dawg, number 1 go sit down and reflect on why the post where you just quoted me makes no point whatsoever. The date of the message is irrelevant. Of course equipment managers mess with air pressure, it's their job to get it at the air that QBs want. The only evidence we have is of Brady saying he wants it at 13 PSI. This entire investigation is stupid by the way. Second, stop trying to play attorney. I hate when people start talking about things they know nothing about and that is why I finally posted in here. Your entire post above is nonsensical bullshyt. What the fukk do you mean an investigation is not a rigorous calculation? You clearly mean that there is not an exact equation to it, but even that means nothing because every case is different. That is common sense. You just said that you cannot get 51-49 and then said all you can get is more probable. Do YOU even know what you're talking about? Are you confusing yourself?

Let me try to paraphrase the above paragraph in a little less space.

You make no point. I fail to perceive the obvious point you've made. I wish they never investigated the pats at all. Your entire post makes no sense, what the hell do you mean? Wait, yes, I know exactly what you mean, it's common sense. Do you even know what you're talking about? Do I even know what I'm talking about? I'll engage in projection now and accuse you of confusing yourself.

ITP: The Dankster admits he never took a basic statistics class.

First off, you're right that I never took a "basic statistics course". The basic statistics courses were full of sociology/biology majors, not duel physics/mathematics majors engaged in far more advanced statistical work. :umad:

Your real problem, though, and the reason you're failing so miserably here, is that there is absolutely no way that a rigorous statistical test can be done on the certainty of conclusion in the investigation. The only way that statistics comes in is in the basic understanding that "more probable than not" does NOT mean 50.1% probable or 51% probable because any evidence would have to be far stronger than that to be perceived as different from a coin flip scenario. Your issue isn't your ignorance of statistics, it's your completely ass-backwards application, where you've stated a concept that proves the exact opposite point from what you want it to mean. You've assumed that the investigator can shoot for 51%, when that's not even possible for the exact reason you've mentioned.

But you're not going to understand that, because no amount of logic will convince you at this point. (I'll go all humanities and pull in the psych minor here.) Like most human brains, your brain settled on a conclusion based on your perception of what you wanted/hoped to be true, and you're only creating/twisting logic . You might break out of that one day, but it's only going to happen from a bigger event than this, like someone letting you down so much that you give up on them completely or an important role model you wish to emulate modeling something different to you. We'll see if that ever happens. Until then, you'll just make snarky contentless replies to my posts and make false assumptions about me using faulty application of logic.

Brady's getting suspended. Pats are getting punished. Take your loss and move on. :pacspit:

Maluma

Banned
Daps
Let me try to paraphrase the above paragraph in a little less space.

First off, you're right that I never took a "basic statistics course". The basic statistics courses were full of sociology/biology majors, not duel physics/mathematics majors engaged in far more advanced statistical work. :umad:

Your real problem, though, and the reason you're failing so miserably here, is that there is absolutely no way that a rigorous statistical test can be done on the certainty of conclusion in the investigation. The only way that statistics comes in is in the basic understanding that "more probable than not" does NOT mean 50.1% probable or 51% probable because any evidence would have to be far stronger than that to be perceived as different from a coin flip scenario. Your issue isn't your ignorance of statistics, it's your completely ass-backwards application, where you've stated a concept that proves the exact opposite point from what you want it to mean. You've assumed that the investigator can shoot for 51%, when that's not even possible for the exact reason you've mentioned.

But you're not going to understand that, because no amount of logic will convince you at this point. (I'll go all humanities and pull in the psych minor here.) Like most human brains, your brain settled on a conclusion based on your perception of what you wanted/hoped to be true, and you're only creating/twisting logic . You might break out of that one day, but it's only going to happen from a bigger event than this, like someone letting you down so much that you give up on them completely or an important role model you wish to emulate modeling something different to you. We'll see if that ever happens. Until then, you'll just make snarky contentless replies to my posts and make false assumptions about me using faulty application of logic.

Brady's getting suspended. Pats are getting punished. Take your loss and move on. :pacspit:

haha so first he tries to use semantics to tip-toe around the fact that he fails to grasp the mere fundamentals of descriptive and inferential statistics, then he doesn't even bother refuting the second statement. So he lashes out and projects his own intellectual shortcomings and insecurities through walls of rage-text to others.

@hood b. goode this is truly what defeat looks like breh.:jawalrus:

Brady-Carter

It is what it is..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDot
Appeal over..

Brady no doubt rolled up like..

D0apaNK.gif

Still think this is going to court tho..

Schefter Vs the NFL was the best thing today tho..

NFL responds..

Shefty says fukk you lying ass mother fukkers..

Then hits the NFL with the Memo..

Hearing then goes 10 hours.. lol..