"What about black on black crime?"

Mrl HiGrnd

All Star
Daps
Most black people are killed by black people. Most white people are killed by white people. Most Asians and Hispanics are killed by other Asians and Hispanics. I never see black people dismiss black on white crime "because most white people are killed by white people."

Why is this so hard to understand? I don't even need to get into war crimes or economic crimes white people do against their own which leads to an insurmountable amount of suffering.

I still here brothas I talk to in th streets bring this up and they stay steadfast in their beliefs. Anyone have any other arguments why this premise is bullshyt?

Lana del Rey

Only the ocean can separate us....
Daps
Reppin
Atl
I hate it when people bring up black on black crime whenever the topic is about police brutality. I was reading this graph on Twitter and it showed that people only looked up black on black crime whenever a black person was killed by the cops(ex: Freddie gray, Michael brown). Idk about the black people that use that excuse but I know the white people that stay bringing up black on black crime don't really care about black on black crime, they are just trying to justify a person's death.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Most black people are killed by black people. Most white people are killed by white people. Most Asians and Hispanics are killed by other Asians and Hispanics. I never see black people dismiss black on white crime "because most white people are killed by white people."

Why is this so hard to understand? I don't even need to get into war crimes or economic crimes white people do against their own which leads to an insurmountable amount of suffering.

I still here brothas I talk to in th streets bring this up and they stay steadfast in their beliefs. Anyone have any other arguments why this premise is bullshyt?

It's an old tactic. Deflect away from the problem so you don't have to admit guilt. It's old as fukk.

Issue with this is a lot of this rhetoric is echoed by well meaning black people who truly believe it:shaq2:

That's because most of our people are asleep and just regurgitate what they hear.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
I was *this* close to responding to a racist comment on a Facebook post with this a few days ago but didn't waste my energy.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Issue with this is a lot of this rhetoric is echoed by well meaning black people who truly believe it:shaq2:

In many respects I am with you, because I am sick of Black on Black crime just like everybody else is. However, a lot of Black on Black crime is created by situations that Black people are forced into due to economics. If Black people economics improve then crime should decrease.

Here were some stats as of 2010, I would say that the top 4 are based upon sheer economics:

Black-Prisoners-by-Offense-2009.jpg

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
I hate it when people bring up black on black crime whenever the topic is about police brutality. I was reading this graph on Twitter and it showed that people only looked up black on black crime whenever a black person was killed by the cops(ex: Freddie gray, Michael brown). Idk about the black people that use that excuse but I know the white people that stay bringing up black on black crime don't really care about black on black crime, they are just trying to justify a person's death.
Whenever they bring up Black on Black crime in the context of police brutality just dismiss it as the red herring it is..

Lead them back to point of JUSTICE and not criminal activity.. Tell them the only way the comparison would work is if Black criminals were not sent to prison but were given a free pass by the justice system..

Ask them how many of these "Black on Black" criminals were not even indicted by Black prosecutors and judges, declared Not Guilty by a jury of their all Black peers or have GoFundMe accounts that rewarded their criminal behavior..

Ask them how many of these "Black on Black" criminals were sworn to serve and protect and are collecting tax payer salaries?

Don't let the conversation turn into the act of crime, keep it focused on the concept of JUSTICE...It will shut them down every time..

Truth200

Banned
Daps

Because the black population in the US is only 14% but over 50% of Americas homicides are black on black.

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Whenever they bring up Black on Black crime in the context of police brutality just dismiss it as the red herring it is..

Lead them back to point of JUSTICE and not criminal activity.. Tell them the only way the comparison would work is if Black criminals were not sent to prison but were given a free pass by the justice system..

Ask them how many of these "Black on Black" criminals were not even indicted by Black prosecutors and judges, declared Not Guilty by a jury of their all Black peers or have GoFundMe accounts that rewarded their criminal behavior..

Ask them how many of these "Black on Black" criminals were sworn to serve and protect and are collecting tax payer salaries?

Don't let the conversation turn into the act of crime, keep it focused on the concept of JUSTICE...It will shut them down every time..
Only argument I would pose is the no snitching code and the unwillingness to talk to the police(which I understand) in the black community that makes some of these cases go cold.

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
Only argument I would pose is the no snitching code and the unwillingness to talk to the police(which I understand) in the black community that makes some of these cases go cold.
The "no snitching" thing is a fallacy that's heavily been promoted by hip hop characters with no connection to the real criminal world..

Black people "snitch" all day everyday...

People really think that cops are really so good at their jobs, that they can lock up n1ggas at a rate quadruple the normal population without informants?

Truth200

Banned
Daps
However, a lot of Black on Black crime is created by situations that Black people are forced into due to economics.

Unless you have solutions for African Americans to support black business then blaming economics is pointless.

It's similar to whats said about Hip Hop culture "white people are forcing black people to make rap songs about killing each other"

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Because the black population in the US is only 14% but over 50% of Americas homicides are black on black.

So I looked this up and I got stumped.

For the last year (2013) that it reported on crime; the FBI listed a total of 14,196 murders nationally.
Crime Statistics for 2013 Released

Unless I am misreading the stats; it looks like Black people only committed 2,491 of those murders, which is 17% rather than 50% that you stated. Maybe I am misreading the chart, but can you help me out on where you got that 50% number.

Expanded Homicide Data Table 6

Last edited:

DillaTUDE

Superstar
Daps

White people account for less than 10% of the world's population but over 50% of the genocide/extinction of non-whites has come at the hands of whites, ranging from the Native Americans and Aztecs, to the Australian Aboriginals and the indigenous Tasmanian population of New Zealand.

"Black on black crime" is not a huge phenomena considering that tribal warfare has always existed throughout history. It comes as no surprise that poor blacks kill each other the most in the United States considering the densely packed conditions they have been forced to live in.

What's surprising is how white people such as yourself have managed to go out their way to kill/enslave every group of non-whites that they have come into contact with throughout history.