What Age Did You Meet Your 'Best Friend'?

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I'm my best friend. :birdman: So 34 years ago.

But for real my current best "friend" I met back in like 2007 or 08. I had another best friend back then. Me and that best friend had a falling out with my current best friend in like mid 2011. Whole crew started having falling outs back then. He reached out to me in mid to late 2012 thru facebook and we became cool again. Started hanging out more. Funny because the other guy who he had a falling out with I rarely see these days and the two of them not really speaking either. Me and my current best friend just had more things in common so we naturally became cool.

What's this about blooming late tho? My best friend is my goals and the money. Everyone else is just an added bonus. You can meet your best friend when you're 40 even. There are people that will come and go in your life and you can have a best friend at any moment and then something may happen, good or bad, and the relationship aint the same. I've had plenty of best friends who I'm not close with at the moment. Don't mean theres love lost or they can't depend on me to be there when needed. But life happens. Don't put too much worry into this blooming late foolishness.

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
When I was 10. He was from the projects (perry homes) that was down the way from my pops crib, his mom was off and on strung out, never did get the story on his pops but he was half way in the picture and halfway out at the same time, but all that and breh got straight A’s, like my breh would get pissed if he got a B, model kid really. I was the opposite, from a decent home, got bad grades and was trying to act like I was from the projects. We didn’t even meet organically how most kids do. Pops linked us 2 up in the hopes he would rub off on me, on some he’s from where you acting like you from but he doing what he supposed to do type shyt. Didn’t even like him at first, cuz my fam was forcing it. And he didn’t really like me at first either, in his eyes I was a spoiled nikka trying to be bad. Which I was honestly, but back then I was too dumb and pie to see that. But as time went on we ended up getting real close, and by HS we was thick as thieves. Went to different schools but I pulled up on him at his school and vice versa, at home his section was basically the back side of my hood, so we spent a lot of time together just kicking it really. Just some young brehs around the way. If you saw him you saw me. He did his thing on the books and got a full ride to TSU. My hardheaded ass was still on my learning curve, but this nikka never looked down on me for fukking up, and he was the only one of my so called who came 3 hours down to Savannah with my pops to pick me up when I got out of boot camp. This was the middle of the summer, bout a month after everybody had graduated, and you know how that is, folks was turnt, and he was getting ready to go off to school, and I was scrambling myself trying to turn over a new leaf. So we kept making plans to link but we never did. Then bout 2 weeks before he was leaving his grandma called and told me they was having a surprise send off for breh. He was the first from his fam to go to college, so they was going all out. I remember her telling me not to tell him and not even a half hour later he hit me like yeah yeah breh, them nikkas can’t keep a secret, I already know what’s up, I’m just bout to play along with it tho. And that was the last time I talked to him. 2 days after he was at his brothers house out in Decatur playing cards, and some dudes kicked the door in and shot him in the head. Mistaken identity, robbery, never did find out who or why. I’ve had friends and a lot of associates, but nothing close to a best friend like he was. And the stuff he could’ve done with his life and how we went out has been a hard pill to swallow. That was over 15 years ago and I still weep over that man a few times a year.

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
I'm my best friend. :birdman: So 34 years ago.

But for real my current best "friend" I met back in like 2007 or 08. I had another best friend back then. Me and that best friend had a falling out with my current best friend in like mid 2011. Whole crew started having falling outs back then. He reached out to me in mid to late 2012 thru facebook and we became cool again. Started hanging out more. Funny because the other guy who he had a falling out with I rarely see these days and the two of them not really speaking either. Me and my current best friend just had more things in common so we naturally became cool.

What's this about blooming late tho? My best friend is my goals and the money. Everyone else is just an added bonus. You can meet your best friend when you're 40 even. There are people that will come and go in your life and you can have a best friend at any moment and then something may happen, good or bad, and the relationship aint the same. I've had plenty of best friends who I'm not close with at the moment. Don't mean theres love lost or they can't depend on me to be there when needed. But life happens. Don't put too much worry into this blooming late foolishness.
I'mworking and focusing on an apprenticeship, but I do need a best friend.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
A couple I've known for over 30 + years, and four more for about 25+ (I went to highschool and college with these fellas,:myman: we just recently lost a member/my homie and best friend passed away almost 2 years ago now:mjcry:

Abraxus

All Star
Daps
Age of two. Been best friends ever since. My lil brother

J_rock

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I moved around a lot as a kid so best friends came and went. I met the one I currently have in college. He’s the only nikka I really trust in this world and the only one who knows all my dirt.

I’ve warned him before that if he ever betrays me, it’s off with his head :birdman:.

-deleted-

Banned
Daps
When I was 10. He was from the projects (perry homes) that was down the way from my pops crib, his mom was off and on strung out, never did get the story on his pops but he was half way in the picture and halfway out at the same time, but all that and breh got straight A’s, like my breh would get pissed if he got a B, model kid really. I was the opposite, from a decent home, got bad grades and was trying to act like I was from the projects. We didn’t even meet organically how most kids do. Pops linked us 2 up in the hopes he would rub off on me, on some he’s from where you acting like you from but he doing what he supposed to do type shyt. Didn’t even like him at first, cuz my fam was forcing it. And he didn’t really like me at first either, in his eyes I was a spoiled nikka trying to be bad. Which I was honestly, but back then I was too dumb and pie to see that. But as time went on we ended up getting real close, and by HS we was thick as thieves. Went to different schools but I pulled up on him at his school and vice versa, at home his section was basically the back side of my hood, so we spent a lot of time together just kicking it really. Just some young brehs around the way. If you saw him you saw me. He did his thing on the books and got a full ride to TSU. My hardheaded ass was still on my learning curve, but this nikka never looked down on me for fukking up, and he was the only one of my so called who came 3 hours down to Savannah with my pops to pick me up when I got out of boot camp. This was the middle of the summer, bout a month after everybody had graduated, and you know how that is, folks was turnt, and he was getting ready to go off to school, and I was scrambling myself trying to turn over a new leaf. So we kept making plans to link but we never did. Then bout 2 weeks before he was leaving his grandma called and told me they was having a surprise send off for breh. He was the first from his fam to go to college, so they was going all out. I remember her telling me not to tell him and not even a half hour later he hit me like yeah yeah breh, them nikkas can’t keep a secret, I already know what’s up, I’m just bout to play along with it tho. And that was the last time I talked to him. 2 days after he was at his brothers house out in Decatur playing cards, and some dudes kicked the door in and shot him in the head. Mistaken identity, robbery, never did find out who or why. I’ve had friends and a lot of associates, but nothing close to a best friend like he was. And the stuff he could’ve done with his life and how we went out has been a hard pill to swallow. That was over 15 years ago and I still weep over that man a few times a year.

This shyt hit me.. Sorry breh.

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
A lot of you cats talking about having 6 best friends are weirdos. :gucci:

And your best friend being a woman? :usure:

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I really couldn't tell you who my best friend is.

Friend, friend...16 or so. I have 3 and got cool with them between 16-18.

But my nephews are like my best friends. They're like my little bros. I like to think and we talk about and relate more on a wider range of things than my best friend.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
i never made new friends past high school. still hang with the same 8