tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Sousou no Frieren Ep 24 adapted chapters 50 + 51.

I stated what they added last week was insane. But man what they add this week took ANOTHER LEVEL LIKE HOLY fukkING shyt. What they did here was just :damn::damn::damn::damn::damn:. They went ham on extending the part where Denken and his crew are escaping Freiren's replica. Then also the entire Wirbel and his crew fighting their clones is 100% anime original and done so well. God damn this adaptation gets more and more insane by the episode.

Even when you mention special adaptations, this one is in a category by itself.

Now, regarding this episode.

Few interesting things were talked about. First restraint and hypnosis magic. Well guess what, that isn't affective against Frieren, but not like that should come as a surprise. Well to make matters worse Edel, whom is the strongest with hypnosis magic, is useless against them because they don't have a mind.

Edel also talks about defensive magic, where the goal is to either break or bypass it. Sense's ability to do both is a scary thing since if breaks the barrier you could make a new barrier. If it bypasses, you would hope the damage you hit is weakened. But if both happen, happen that's a nightmare scenario, happen, honestly.

Basically the information we got, the monster named Spiegel reads the minds of those it senses and creates physical substance. Then not having a mind and just imitating the person they are copying really makes sense.

Ubel & Land has to be one weird pair. Ubel probably knew that the one who got hurt was Land's clone. So her going out to beat her clone honestly feels like she just wanted an excise to beat it. She seems one who enjoys the thrill. Plus, like she said, Land is a nice guy beneath it and would feel guilty of her dying for the reason she gives. Ubel easily the first human introduced in this series that I would avoid as much as possible.

Frieren truly exploring the dungeon just like HImmel would. I also love how she gets excited about fighting her clone, while everyone else is scared shytless. Honestly, Fern helping Frieren feels so right here. Frieren vs her clone honestly should be an even match. But there is the fact that Fern is quicker at pulling off spells than Frieren, which was mentioned earlier this season. The upcoming fight got me excited.

Screen_Shot_2024-02-23_at_5.15.58_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-23_at_5.16.14_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-23_at_5.17.04_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-23_at_5.28.25_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-23_at_5.30.13_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-23_at_5.31.30_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-23_at_5.51.25_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-23_at_5.51.28_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-23_at_5.53.52_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-23_at_6.00.10_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-23_at_6.00.15_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-23_at_6.01.28_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-23_at_6.03.56_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-23_at_6.04.21_PM.png

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Sousou no Frieren Ep 24 adapted chapters 50 + 51.

I stated what they added last week was insane. But man what they add this week took ANOTHER LEVEL LIKE HOLY fukkING shyt. What they did here was just :damn::damn::damn::damn::damn:. They went ham on extending the part where Denken and his crew are escaping Freiren's replica. Then also the entire Wirbel and his crew fighting their clones is 100% anime original and done so well. God damn this adaptation gets more and more insane by the episode.

Even when you mention special adaptations, this one is in a category by itself.

Now, regarding this episode.

Few interesting things were talked about. First restraint and hypnosis magic. Well guess what, that isn't affective against Frieren, but not like that should come as a surprise. Well to make matters worse Edel, whom is the strongest with hypnosis magic, is useless against them because they don't have a mind.

Edel also talks about defensive magic, where the goal is to either break or bypass it. Sense's ability to do both is a scary thing since if breaks the barrier you could make a new barrier. If it bypasses, you would hope the damage you hit is weakened. But if both happen, happen that's a nightmare scenario, happen, honestly.

Basically the information we got, the monster named Spiegel reads the minds of those it senses and creates physical substance. Then not having a mind and just imitating the person they are copying really makes sense.

Ubel & Land has to be one weird pair. Ubel probably knew that the one who got hurt was Land's clone. So her going out to beat her clone honestly feels like she just wanted an excise to beat it. She seems one who enjoys the thrill. Plus, like she said, Land is a nice guy beneath it and would feel guilty of her dying for the reason she gives. Ubel easily the first human introduced in this series that I would avoid as much as possible.

Frieren truly exploring the dungeon just like HImmel would. I also love how she gets excited about fighting her clone, while everyone else is scared shytless. Honestly, Fern helping Frieren feels so right here. Frieren vs her clone honestly should be an even match. But there is the fact that Fern is quicker at pulling off spells than Frieren, which was mentioned earlier this season. The upcoming fight got me excited.

Screen_Shot_2024-02-23_at_5.15.58_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-23_at_5.16.14_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-23_at_5.17.04_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-23_at_5.28.25_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-23_at_5.30.13_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-23_at_5.31.30_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-23_at_5.51.25_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-23_at_5.51.28_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-23_at_5.53.52_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-23_at_6.00.10_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-23_at_6.00.15_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-23_at_6.01.28_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-23_at_6.03.56_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-23_at_6.04.21_PM.png
Ubel's my favorite side character by a large margin. The concept behind her needing to empathize with another mage to steal their magic is dope as hell, and it colors in a bunch of her interactions. It makes her convos with Wirbel and calling Fern boring take on a different light. The way she manipulated Land is another tie in. All that stuff takes me back to her telling Wirbel, "you can tell a lot about a mage's personality by the magic they choose to specialize in" and makes me even more interested in her backstory. She reads people like books, steals their magic, and has a ruthless pragmatism that didn't come from outta nowhere.

One thing I feel like this mage exam has hammered home is the difference between peace-time mages and war-formed mages. Frieren, Fern, and even Wirbel are really practical about their tactics. Denken and the other dude were crazy showy, but it's not practical and a bunch of the other mages have to rely on their environment to be useful at all. Even subtle things like Edel assuming the replicas whereas Freiren quickly chose not to assume shows the gap in experience.

I kinda wish we got Frieren vs the Sense replica, now that we've seen Sense's insane amount of offense. Pacifist my ass! I feel like 90% of the dialogue in Frieren is hiding some subtext. No one says what they mean exactly...except for Ubel and Denken.

I think I'll be diving into the manga once this season ends.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Ubel's my favorite side character by a large margin. The concept behind her needing to empathize with another mage to steal their magic is dope as hell, and it colors in a bunch of her interactions. It makes her convos with Wirbel and calling Fern boring take on a different light. The way she manipulated Land is another tie in. All that stuff takes me back to her telling Wirbel, "you can tell a lot about a mage's personality by the magic they choose to specialize in" and makes me even more interested in her backstory. She reads people like books, steals their magic, and has a ruthless pragmatism that didn't come from outta nowhere.

One thing I feel like this mage exam has hammered home is the difference between peace-time mages and war-formed mages. Frieren, Fern, and even Wirbel are really practical about their tactics. Denken and the other dude were crazy showy, but it's not practical and a bunch of the other mages have to rely on their environment to be useful at all. Even subtle things like Edel assuming the replicas whereas Freiren quickly chose not to assume shows the gap in experience.

I kinda wish we got Frieren vs the Sense replica, now that we've seen Sense's insane amount of offense. Pacifist my ass! I feel like 90% of the dialogue in Frieren is hiding some subtext. No one says what they mean exactly...except for Ubel and Denken.

I think I'll be diving into the manga once this season ends.
I like Ubel's skills as a mage too. They are unique to the series from what we have seen so far. She's one example of how for every character you have their skill sets and their personality. In the series does a great job at showcasing these even for the side characters and the small-time they have to showcase it.

IMO the anime is so amazing and magically that assuming quality stays the same. Watching the anime for me as a manga reader feels like a completely new experience. Like, I know a lot of these moments, but they way they execute it is 100/10.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Started my Rewatch for TenSura

Man Veldora was funnier then I remember at the beginning :mjlol: :deadrose:. Breh had me rolling for the first two episodes.

Screen_Shot_2024-02-19_at_7.59.47_AM.png

One of the series's biggest strength how it handles world building with all the different species. IN the beginning you have it with Goblins, Werewolves, Dwarfs Elves (oh how Rimuru loves elves :pachaha: and how they interact with humans. The series isn't the best when it comes to politics as given by S2. Hopefully they improve the pacing come S3 because adapt 2 books for 2 cours can not also be the best idea.

Screen_Shot_2024-02-23_at_9.22.42_PM.png

One of the things the series brushes early on is how humans think of monsters. Or how lowly humans think of them. But with the stuff Veldora mentions about summoners and the ones who get summoned by them. The matter that by the summoneres that they are basically a weapon for them. It makes you wonder in the packing order of respect are they even lower then unnamed monsters?

Screen_Shot_2024-02-23_at_9.35.08_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-23_at_9.39.14_PM.png

Also, as I have watched more Iseki. The more you can see how influential Slime is like with MT and Overlord. It's funny how a quality of a series doesn't value in the quality of influence it has. IMO the ways Overlord and Slime has influenced the genre have been some of the better examples. While MT has influenced the genre from its worst aspects imo. Basically, think of the major complaints of the isekai genre, that is attributed to MT. OP Mc and the Mc gets all the girls. The execution of MT is great in those aspects, but its influence of the genre is not.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Great episode for Wrong Way to Use Healing Magic. This series done a great job of building up our trio of Usato, Suzune and Kazuki. And Rose has been done very well. But this flashback really highlights on this even more. Personality wise, she is the same tough loving mentor, but a click comparison of here versus the present. Her eyes are presented slightly bigger here. Perhaps this illustrates the burden and suffering from the loss of her squad.

Screen_Shot_2024-02-24_at_11.35.57_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-24_at_11.38.16_AM.png

Also, her talk with Aui really highlights Rose's strengths. She is someone who will be hard on you. But she won't do that if you don't have the potential. Like with Usato in the present, she sees Aui's strengths. Tho, she needed an asswhoppin to fully realize that potential. Rose is such a great character.

Screen_Shot_2024-02-24_at_11.50.24_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-24_at_11.50.36_AM.png

I have to really appreciate the anime for taking its time with building up the story and our characters. Need episode is going to be heart-wrenching to watch. :mjcry: I have to say, usually iseakis nowadays minus the hyped feel like a snooze. But this season we have gotten Wrong Way to Use Healing Magic, The Weakest Tamer, and Ishura. Which imo have all been great shows this season.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
First off OP+ED+RECAP capping off around 10 mins. :bryan:. Brehs who binging this might get frustrated even more the amount of the time wasted on these in the episodes. :pachaha:

Now I love Anno Un's character. Lots of manga related jokes mixed into this episode that I found hilarious. From training arc to don't you hate it when a great cast is wasted on an underwhelming ending. Honestly, them seeing the future makes sense.

Screen_Shot_2024-02-24_at_1.03.48_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-24_at_1.05.51_PM.png

Curious how this series goes about giving Andy that power boost, as it has avoided any training arc so far.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Big facts though, if they were in the same room they'd run the fade thinking each of them was scheming on their girl. :mjlol:
It's prob even funnier if you watch the dub because from the clips I have seen they literally got Frieren with that Onee-san voice that Sein loves :russ:

I was gonna watch with my mom while the sub was airing as I watch those both the difference in the JP & Eng voices would be too jarring. Would binge it eventually with her tho.

It's less a criticism of the dub, more so of how fukking well Atsumi Tanezaki portrays Frieren in Japanese. I honestly don't think you can capture Frieren in English like that, because you either have her sounding too "old" or too young. And you know you rather do the former, because making her sound too young would ruin the show with the story it tries to tell.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
Great episode for Wrong Way to Use Healing Magic. This series done a great job of building up our trio of Usato, Suzune and Kazuki. And Rose has been done very well. But this flashback really highlights on this even more. Personality wise, she is the same tough loving mentor, but a click comparison of here versus the present. Her eyes are presented slightly bigger here. Perhaps this illustrates the burden and suffering from the loss of her squad.

:pacspit: fukk Rose. She just said, "I am going to run off the fight the guy alone." and just abandoned her troop. I don't care how she loses and eye now, no wonder her troop got smoked.