What direction y'all think Kendrick is going in on his next album?

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
Mr. Morale was experimental/challenging in content, not sound. And rock-influenced records can be bangers.
I think some posters itt think of some ac/dc or guns n' roses type shyt when they hear us say rock

When something like this is more so what I mean at least

Yall cant tell me yall wouldnt fukk with album on par with the greats past and present :lawd:

Imagine if Dot got rage back together :ohlawd:

Vintage Eclectic

Lord of the Sky
Daps
Reppin
Chi-York
And neither damn nor GKMC sound alike. He can still make a banger album that sounds nothing like either of those. fukk a rock album, I’m trying to hear rap Kendrick, not some shyt for pretentious listeners to sniff their farts to because it’s “so different”

You heard Kendrick rap on 5 studio albums, an EP and features. Plus 4 diss tracks in a month span. Rap Kendrick hasn't gone anywhere. Artist grow. Branching out and experimenting also allows for longevity.

I think of you're looking for consistent stagnation or a redundant sound, then their are artist that fit criteria.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You heard Kendrick rap on 5 studio albums, an EP and features. Plus 4 diss tracks in a month span. Rap Kendrick hasn't gone anywhere. Artist grow. Branching out and experimenting also allows for longevity.

I think of you're looking for consistent stagnation or a redundant sound, then their are artist that fit criteria.

Facts

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

No I’m not. And it’s only black artists who are told they have to do other genres to grow. Miss me with that

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
And neither damn nor GKMC sound alike. He can still make a banger album that sounds nothing like either of those. fukk a rock album, I’m trying to hear rap Kendrick, not some shyt for pretentious listeners to sniff their farts to because it’s “so different”
He can rap and do a rock album at the same time. It's been done well before :heh:
No I’m not. And it’s only black artists who are told they have to do other genres to grow. Miss me with that
That's a weird take. The most celebrated black artists have always mixed genres. Both critically acclaimed and those only celebrated by us

Stevie, prince, mj, James brown, jimi hendrix, EW&F, Rick james, Isaac hayes, marvin gaye, cameo, p funk, outkast, the soulquarians, etc.

If anything, black artists get told to do the opposite. Just stay within one genre and keep it simple

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Example of a Black artist who was told to switch genres in order to grow?
You just said Kendrick, a rapper, rapping again is stagnantion thus doing rock = growth.

Beyoncé got a ton of “growth” accolades for doing “country”

Mariah was placed in the pop lane to be more appealing and when she went to more urban music was told she was stunting her growth and career.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
He can rap and do a rock album at the same time. It's been done well before :heh:

That's a weird take. The most celebrated black artists have always mixed genres. Both critically acclaimed and those only celebrated by us

Stevie, prince, mj, James brown, jimi hendrix, EW&F, Rick james, Isaac hayes, marvin gaye, cameo, p funk, outkast, the soulquarians, etc.

If anything, black artists get told to do the opposite. Just stay within one genre and keep it simple
Breh literally shyt on the concept that you can grow and still be doing your primary genre. To sit here and act like Kendrick’s albums sound the same or that he hasn’t grown immensely while rapping - Mr morale is definitely not overly dedicated - is bullshyt. Sure, it would be one thing is Kendrick always had the same sound and I was advocating for that sound for a 6th time, I’m not.