what do you think of two friends chasing after a guy?

Meli

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
South Carolina
Growing up i always heard this term of "never go after the same guy your friend is pursuing first, even if she knows you think he's cute. I always disagree with this idea because I believe that he's neither of our property but a potential relationship. Every time when this discussion came up the girls agreed with this, I wanted to state the opposition but was to afraid of probably having friends look at me differently. However, i get tired of holding back. What are your views?

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
As long as both of you make it clear to each other that you both want him. If you know your friend is interested in a guy and you like him too but don't say anything, you're probably not a good friend.

:francis:

Meli

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
South Carolina
As long as both of you make it clear to each other that you both want him. If you know your friend is interested in a guy and you like him too but don't say anything, you're probably not a good friend.

:francis:
Yeah i understand that it's wrong to not say anything. However, one thing that always puzzled me is when females agree to never pursue your friends crush even when you like him.

Daps
Them hoes ain't really friends...regardless of who saw who first and who liked/started persuing him first I don't believe 2 women could honestly claim to be "friends" while both are actively going after the same man. There are too many men in the world to go after a man my friend wants and vice versus ...there's just some shyt you just don't do and that's one of them.

There's no reason why someone I currently(as in we keep in close contact, regularly talk or hang out) consider my friend would be dealing with the same man, once we both become aware of the situation. Someone has got to back down, if nothing else than for the sake of true friendship...also who really wants a man who would knowingly try to date 2 friends? Doesn't seen like much of a man to me... because, again there are too many other options available, especially for men...Exceptionally so depending on where you're located...there's no need to go double dipping in the same circle of friends. Situations like this immediately make me side the dude...like why you gotta try to get at my home girl? Within my circle there's a good chance he wouldn't end up dating either of us because we'd both decide that he isn't
worth it...there's just too many options for this type of thing to occur unless one of the women isn't truly friends with the other to begin with. Competition in that form doesn't belong or dwell with the confines of friendship. And I believe that goes for both men and women.

I used to work with 2 so called friends at Express a few years ago, and while they were "boys" around me and our other Co workers they constantly talked shyt about the other to me because they both wanted to talk to me. It was a huge turn off and I stayed away from both of them first of all because neither of them were the physical type of guy I liked: Secondly they way they would trash the other behind each other's back in an attempt to make themselves more appealing to me was just pathetic. A man who knows what's he's got to offer and or bring to the table doesn't need to down the next-let alone his boy- to attract a woman if he's got he's got it, calling out your boy won't win you any points, and lastly I was well aware simply by their hoe-tactics alone that if I did end up choosing one over the other and shyt went left, those 2 f*ckboys (I hate that term but it fits them to the T) would more than likely remain cool on some level and would probably try and trash me in the end so I left them both alone.

That type of behavior reeks of insecurity, and a pathetic lack of self, and those characteristics don't appear out of no where, i would guess that theres an underlying resentment of some sort thats been there rhe entire time...

I would rather chill 1 deep than be frenemies with a woman who looks at me as the competition, bc honestly as women we deal with that type of shyt from all types of other women anyways, why make a women like that a friend to begin with?

Daps
Yeah i understand that it's wrong to not say anything. However, one thing that always puzzled me is when females agree to never pursue your friends crush even when you like him.
I feel like this way of thinking comes into play based upon the level of friendship there is bc Ive had the same friends for years and have never even considered going after an ex, crush or anything in between simply because of the level of respect I have for them and our friendship. Women are emotional and fiercely territorial already without the complications of dating and men, which can be an awful mix if the right intentions are missing. I'm not saying g that anyone who does this type of thing is undeniably wrong for their choices I just don't see myself or anyone I associate with doing this type of thing.

Now if the friendship is new or just on an associate or "we only party together" type of friendship then I guess some would feel like there's nothing wrong with going after the same man and that's their own way of feeling but I have never felt that way, female(and I absolutely hate to use the term female bc of the flat and 2 deminsional idealisms in this context but it's fitting for the discussion) relationships are fragile enough to begin with...to me there's no need to introduce that type of competitivness inside the one place; amongst friends...there are just too many other options.

Ashley Banks

All I ever wanted was the world
Daps

How is that puzzling? If my friend has a crush on him why would I try to talk to him? :heh: idk how much I like a guy, if my friend says he's hers then he's hers. :manny:

MsReal

All Star
Daps
I have never and will never pursue a guy my friend likes. There are too many men in the world to start this trashy drama for dikk.....

I would never talk to a friend who pursued a guy I liked or fukked or was in a relationship with.... Ratchet behaviour