What Exactly Is The Term "BLACK"? (Afro-Americans Get It Confused)

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
I'm going to keep this short, when I use the word "Black" I mean the whole diaspora. My parents and I debate the usage all the time. They tell me that "Black" means AA. I tell them that we have Afro-Latinos, Arabs, and etc. We are the ORIGINAL people of the planet. Hell, the aborigines in Australia evolved from the first Africans and integrated with the Asians. Anyway, what is Black to you when you use it? Because us AAs confuse ourselves at times.

P.S. I'm being serious with this thread, so SERIOUS responses please. Had to get that out the way before I got hit with another false "Low Quality Posting" warning point.

Last edited:

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Primarily of sub-Saharan African descent (yes their are black Africans in the Sahara).
Reason why I asked this is because I realized the older AAs when they use the word Black just mean us African-Americans. However, there's more to the diaspora. Hell, I even use it on the work force.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
if we're being cereal, black refers to everyone in Africa and the diaspora but most people mean AA when they say black
See, when I say it I mean the whole diaspora. TBH, Americans have a different view on race. It's really a contradiction if you think about it. Also, those Afro-Cubans are Black even though they are called Hispanic.

Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps
No such thing as black or africa. Big up names given to you by whites brehs.

We went by tribes. We are yoruba, igbo, Hausa etc. We also isrealites the real jews, Egyptians and malian.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
No such thing as black or africa. Big up names given to you by whites brehs.

We went by tribes. We are yoruba, igbo, Hausa etc. We also isrealites the real jews, Egyptians and malian.
I've read that book on the real Jews. Don't forget the Maasai, Zulu, Ashanti, Tutsis, and Kikuyu.