What Exactly Is The Term "BLACK"? (Afro-Americans Get It Confused)

Hoodoo Child

The Urban Legend
Daps
Reppin
The Crossroads
When I say 'Black', I mean anybody in the diaspora (but most specifically,African American). When I say "Melaninated People of Color" I mean Polynesians,Indigenous people, Aboriginals,etc.

generic-username

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nothing
I wonder what we called ourselves before Spanish cacs decided to label us 'negro' and all it's other derivatives.
We identified ourselves based on tribes. Race was something Europeans invented to justify their wickedness (i.e whites are superior so we have the right to do whatever we want to the "lesser" dark skinned people)

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
We identified ourselves based on tribes. Race was something Europeans invented to justify their wickedness (i.e whites are superior so we have the right to do whatever we want to the "lesser" dark skinned people)

Seems like the "race" game is rigged.

:hubie:

Hip Hoppas create their own tribes, names, doctrines, ect..

- Fredd Barr

AmenhotepIV

All Star
Daps
Reppin
KTown
I'm going to keep this short, when I use the word "Black" I mean the whole diaspora. My parents and I debate the usage all the time. They tell me that "Black" means AA. I tell them that we have Afro-Latinos, Arabs, and etc. We are the ORIGINAL people of the planet. Hell, the aborigines in Australia evolved from the first Africans and integrated with the Asians. Anyway, what is Black to you when you use it? Because us AAs confuse ourselves at times.

P.S. I'm being serious with this thread, so SERIOUS responses please. Had to get that out the way before I got hit with another false "Low Quality Posting" warning point.

Black is a label

For lost tribes originating from Africa

If you can't trace your ancestry back to Africa or to the originAL Caucasoids, Latino, etc

You are "Black"

It's basically saying you didn't land on Plymouth Rock...voluntarily