What happened to the black R&B band trend?

kwazzy100

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I was listening to B2K earlier and I remember they were the hottest shyt back in early 00's. I can't don't recall a next band that came after them though. Most R&B artists just go solo. I wouldn't say Rap is the same rate, because the Migos, Rae Sremmurd, and A$AP Mob is still active together, it's just R&B. Did people just stop fukking with them or was it something with the music business? shyt was jammin back then

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
R&B solo acts ain't even eating right now, the economics ain't there for groups, both from an artist standpoint (payout) and from a label standpoint (amount you have to invest in promoting a group).

darryl

Superstar
Daps
B2k was a boy band. They ate off the fact that that the boy band era was still big at that time. Wouldn't classify them as a r&b group like jagged edge

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Money mainly and how little of it the artist gets to split after being served by rapenu records and their contracts.

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
2. Nobody wants to share profits and fame. Everybody wants to be their own spotlight.

R&B solo acts ain't even eating right now, the economics ain't there for groups, both from an artist standpoint (payout) and from a label standpoint (amount you have to invest in promoting a group).

This.

What’s crazy is how even when R&B groups were a profitable commodity, the members were still not eating. The fact that groups like TLC and New Edition were financially struggling while selling tens of millions of records is very telling.