What is the consensus "Godfather" or "Shawshank" of comic books?

CROM

Pray. I will not listen, but I will laugh at you
Daps
Reppin
Valhalla
Sandman and Watchmen these two changed the game in American comics and Sandman got non-comic heads reading back during it's run
Wholeheartedly agree with this. Gaiman is a personal favorite of mine. However, I've had friends, some of which do podcasts about comics, tell me that Gaiman's writing is too complex for them to get into. Sad....they miss out on gems like Sandman.

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Wholeheartedly agree with this. Gaiman is a personal favorite of mine. However, I've had friends, some of which do podcasts about comics, tell me that Gaiman's writing is too complex for them to get into. Sad....they miss out on gems like Sandman.
Are you on comic vine?

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Too complex!?

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sandown is the top.

Watchman is good but there is a lot of reading between the lines in that.
Like more then likely rosach was a closet racist homosexual.

CROM

Daps
Reppin
Valhalla
Too complex!?
Pretty much sums up my thought. Yep. They have...or had...a podcast on iTunes called epiccomicshow. I know one of the guys personally, and he straight up told me that he doesn't read Sandman because it was a little too deep and complex.:francis:

CROM

Daps
Reppin
Valhalla
Nah I was seeing if you were the same Crom from there.
Not me. Heard of Comic Vine, but never been on it. Oddly enough, I have over 6,000 comics in my collection and haven't been on any comic book forums. :yeshrug:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pretty much sums up my thought. Yep. They have...or had...a podcast on iTunes called epiccomicshow. I know one of the guys personally, and he straight up told me that he doesn't read Sandman because it was a little too deep and complex.:francis:
Guess they can only read superhero comics :smh:. Don't think you can really consider yourself a true comic book fan if you limit yourself to superhero books from Marvel and DC

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Objectively it's Watchmen, but my personal 'Godfather' of comic books is Grant Morrison's Animal Man run.

Morrison has always been hit or miss with me, but Animal Man is one of my favorite runs of all time.

Going check this out

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Mines is y the last man and daredevil origin by frank miller

daredevil frank miller man without fear