What is the most useful non-STEM degree?

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Honestly in this day of social media I'd assume you could take advantage of the increasing presence (and widespread cases) of mental health issues and get like a sociology masters open up your practice and be visible on social media, being like a social media mental health doctor.......actually idk wtf I'm talking about
Not the worst idea ever.

RiffRaff

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston to LA like I'm Robert Horry.
It’s stupid hard to get a software engineering job at companies like Facebook, Google, Amazon, etc.

At most other companies, comp sci folks don’t start out at even half that. The cream of the crop and the experienced in any field pull in bank

Definitely not “easy”, but certainly attainable. The questions they ask for entry level interviews are more or less applied data structures and algorithms questions. It’s more so just being able to answer those types of questions in a timely manner. Unless you have a personality trait that makes it hard for you to do these sort of things under pressure passing an interview like this just takes repetition, practice, and time. Even second tier companies like Spotify aren’t as rigorous to get into as Google but still pay well. Not everyone at the top you’re right but certainly enough room for a lot of folks to eat.

Clayton Endicott

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A lodge of the Saints John of Jerusalem
MBA

You can con your way into 6 figs with that through networking

And Amazon’s always hiring MBAs
Facts. They stay poaching management my plant. @JadeB the few people I know (my aunt included) that are in labor relations do well. Doesn't seem to be stringent when it comes to hiring minorities neither.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
STEM is the best and easiest path to getting a well paying job out of school just on the degree alone. But if you're going to get a non-STEM degree like PR, Marketing, Communications, etc. you have to make the most out of those years with networking, internships, and opportunities available in-state/out of state/internationally that'll get you in the door within that field. The coursework isn't going to be that rigorous where you won't be able to balance out being able to do those activities while pass the classes

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
STEM/Law/Medicine/Finance are the only fields worth going to college these days.

And no, Accounting is not STEM.

The math in accounting is basic for the most part. English is actually more helpful than math in accounting since you have to interpret laws, rules and regulations. Accounting is more about tracking money...where it goes and when it gets there.

Last edited: