What Kyrie & Luka wants vs What Shai & Chet needs - Official (1) OKC Thunder vs. (5) Mavericks Round 2 Thread

Who will win this series?

• OKC Thunder in 4

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • OKC Thunder in 5

Votes: 10 9.8%
  • OKC Thunder in 6

Votes: 10 9.8%
  • OKC Thunder in 7

Votes: 14 13.7%
  • Mavericks in 4

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Mavericks in 5

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mavericks in 6

Votes: 47 46.1%
  • Mavericks in 7

Votes: 15 14.7%

• Total voters

steph_harden

Superstar
Daps
I'd take it a step further and say, objectively, SGA was a top 2-3 player all regular season (and top 5 overall, for the 2nd consecutive year) and the best player on the floor in this series, which featured another top 3-5 player.

And so, I dunno how many packaged "all-NBA first team selections + top 2-5 NBA MVP finalist" seasons one needs to be certified as a top 5 player, but SGA has banked in 2 consecutive seasons at that level.

That's enough for me to say he's the real deal. He definitely has some tunnel vision, but top 5 in my book.

Gotta give SGA credit…he seemed like an obvious playoff dropper to me with his semi foul merchant game. But even when he stopped getting calls his game still stayed strong and he was still manufacturing buckets at will.

Outplayed both Luka and Kyrie easily too

Lil Bape the PostGod

Can’t talk to broke boys
Daps
Reppin
Sound sound sound
The main problem the Thunder lost is because the only set positions they have is the SG (Shai) and Center (Chet). Every other position needs a huge upgrade. When things got rough in the final minutes, the lack of talent or defined roles in the 1, 3, and 4 positions was glaring

- Jalen Williams needs to be the starting full time point guard if this team is serious. Alot of times he's "positionless" and it ruins his effectiveness
- Giddy needs to be a trade piece
- Dort is a 6th man

Why would Jalen Williams be a point guard? And how exactly would that benefit the team?

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Chet is a future #2 if not a #1b… but right now he’s understandably 3rd option tier. You could say the same for Jalen, as a future #2.

Both may be a few years away but right now you have to treat Shai the same way you would Luka: win now mode. Both are in their mid-20s.

So obviously the low hanging fruit is to solidly their weak points with top tier role/impact players. Tho, much as I like Jalen Williams and think he’s gonna be special… to me Shai and Chet are the only true untouchables.

If the “right” disgruntled superstar came along, I’d pull the trigger, in order to bridge gap for Shai until Chet is ready. Otherwise yea, keep all 3… and Giddey is whatever.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Why are people clowning OKC like anyone had serious expectations going into this season? They got the #1 seed when most probably had them at best a play in squad. Still have a bright future. Once they fully flesh out that roster they will be a problem. Their weaknesses were glaring this series(youth, inexperienced, lack of size, liabilities like Dort and Giddy)

Juggalo Fred

Juggalo and horrorcore enthusiast
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Juggalo island
he is nygga. that light skin bytch and his team be clickin 3s like they prime golden state and when they can't make em they lose. 8 for 35 from 3 is diabolical.

At least Tatum didn't lose to a team with a fat cac who cant play defense as its best player :yeshrug:

OnlyFrans

subscribe today!
Supporter
Daps
I know okc aint win the series, but i feel like this thunder squad should feel super proud of themselves for this season and series.

And after watching this series, im standing by SGA deserved mvp this season.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Why are people clowning OKC like anyone had serious expectations going into this season? They got the #1 seed when most probably had them at best a play in squad. Still have a bright future. Once they fully flesh out that roster they will be a problem. Their weaknesses were glaring this series(youth, inexperienced, lack of size, liabilities like Dort and Giddy)
It's odd reading these anti-OKC takes. Weird behavior

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Why would Jalen Williams be a point guard? And how exactly would that benefit the team?

Because he's a 6'5 playmaker and will have any advantage over any point guard who guards him. Elite at both passing and driving to the paint. And SGA is already solidified as the shooting guard and is the lesser playmaker of the two