What rapper REINVENTED themselves most Radically AND Lucratively?

What rapper REINVENTED themselves most Radically AND Lucratively?

• Eve

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Common

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • LL Cool J

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Queen Latifah

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Pitbull

Votes: 53 41.4%
  • The Roots (as a collective, mainly Quest & Thought)

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Nore

• Dr. Dre

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • Ice Cube

Votes: 23 18.0%
  • Ice T

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Bun B

• Lauryn Hill

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • Snoop Dogg

Votes: 10 7.8%

• Total voters

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
...both have to be considered here... sure some might have pulled off a more lucrative reinvention, but it might not have been as radical based on their pre-reinvention presentation.

Who you got? And why? Keep in mind, this is a reinvention while they were in the rap game... not before they got in the game and achieved some measure of notoriety.

I'm going with Queen Latifah. Never in a million years would I have thought a red, black and green wearing, Jersey reppin', pro black, borderline militant and feminist be broadcast in homes globally, essentially following Oprah's footsteps. Latifah put out a jazz album... scattin', yall.

:wow:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
...both have to be considered here... sure some might have pulled off a more lucrative reinvention, but it might not have been as radical based on their pre-reinvention presentation.

Who you got? And why? Keep in mind, this is a reinvention while they were in the rap game... not before they got in the game and achieved some measure of notoriety.

I'm going with Queen Latifah. Never in a million years would I have thought a red, black and green wearing, Jersey reppin', pro black, borderline militant and feminist be broadcast in homes globally, essentially following Oprah's footsteps. Latifah put out a jazz album... scattin', yall.

:wow:
Feminem

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
Pit bull would be broke if he didn't turn into what he did

Same goes for 2 Chainz. Even though he just rebranded the same product

2Chainz didn't change that much tho... his just rode Wayne's wave, and switched up his content and look a bit to more of a lifestyle rapper and image. before then it was strictly trap and struggle. but his ascension is amazing at his age when most got their starts a decade prior.

Not The Ruler O9

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:scusthov:
went from this:

to this:

to this
tumblr_lcplvoPI2W1qzy8r9.jpg