What rapper REINVENTED themselves most Radically AND Lucratively?

What rapper REINVENTED themselves most Radically AND Lucratively?

• Eve

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Common

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • LL Cool J

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Queen Latifah

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Pitbull

Votes: 53 41.4%
  • The Roots (as a collective, mainly Quest & Thought)

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Nore

• Dr. Dre

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • Ice Cube

Votes: 23 18.0%
  • Ice T

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Bun B

• Lauryn Hill

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • Snoop Dogg

Votes: 10 7.8%

• Total voters

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
I get the Pitbull love and his reinvention is amazing. .. he went from rhyming about making baby plays with 8balls of cocaine to dancing on international stages with jlo and on the Today show.

But impact wise and radical change, it has to be Latifah. Her net worth is likely much greater than pitbulls. her entertainment portfolio is so diverse. ..her brand is off the charts and she was once just a jersey chick rocking African medallions, throwing up the black power fist trying to make Monie Love the next big thing.

C'mon now. ..

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
2Chainz didn't change that much tho... his just rode Wayne's wave, and switched up his content and look a bit to more of a lifestyle rapper and image. before then it was strictly trap and struggle. but his ascension is amazing at his age when most got their starts a decade prior.
he was a bars rapper before the trap and struggle shyt...look for his shyt with Al gator...

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Lil Wayne. Close thread.

lil Wayne's brand is damn near dead and after Pusha publicly disclosed that etherous truth. .. it was a wrap on his perceived financial and boss level influence. BOTH the artistry and the lucrativeness of the brand have to be taken in consideration.

can't deny his musical influence via his reinvention tho.

@ODOT META

will do. .. I don't think his brand reach is pervasive enough to put his reinvention in the top tier tho. He's getting there. He did just make an appearance on "Two Broke Girls" :mjpls:

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
ma4phwiahxlabiktmfrf.jpg

Andre3000wig1-2631.jpg

letti cook

Superstar
Daps
lil Wayne's brand is damn near dead and after Pusha publicly disclosed that etherous truth. .. it was a wrap on his perceived financial and boss level influence. BOTH the artistry and the lucrativeness of the brand have to be taken in consideration.

@ODOT META

will do. .. I don't think his brand reach is pervasive enough to put his reinvention in the top tier tho. He's getting there. He did just make an appearance on "Two Broke Girls" :mjpls:
wayne got like 5 national commercials in rotation right now..he better than most

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
wayne got like 5 national commercials in rotation right now..he better than most

fair.

kinda came out of the blue too.

dead was probably an overstatement. it's on life support, fighting.

What about the other entertainment aspects tho?

:sas2:

Wayne should be so far ahead man. he should be approaching Cube status. .. he still has time tho. :snoop:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
10 votes for pitbull?

I don't pay attention to the guy. whats his deal? he better be a high-ranking official in cuba or something.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Cube and Latifah just became actors

Pitbull went from some straight Hiphop shyt rapping with Khaled to wearing Tuxes and being an international pop star

Imagine if Ace Hood was on ABC NYE special with on some straight pop ish
:dwillhuh:
Wtf is "straight hip hop shyt"?
You must not have any kind of social life or never have set foot in a club/bar/lounge to say some :flabbynsick:shyt like that. :scust:

Hip hop is completely amorphous. It has no defining characteristics whatsoever. It's just a liquid. A liquid that you pour into a glass and that glass is vibe and emotion and atmoshpere and social settings.
:wow:
If you're at the club, dancing with the type of chick that make Toni Braxton look like Whoopie :shaq:
And the DJ throws on a Garth Brooks record, and the vibe and atmosphere and emotions are right, no one on planet earth is gonna tell me that Garth Brooks record is any more or less hip hop than Illmatic. :ahh:

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
@Wacky D

lol. .. I hear you. .. I think folks are showing him love because his reinvention is one of the most radical. he epitomizes a 180 turn.

but yeah, brand reach isn't as strong as a Cube or Latifah or maybe even Common now.

Pitbull seems to be stuck now but his transformation paid off very well. :mjpls:

:jawalrus:

... which brings me.to the point of why people aren't mentioning Common.

This guy went from an alcoholic, Chi city Stony guy who was exposed to and dabbled in street shyt and got kicked out of college due to drinking, morphing to a neo soul champ to wining an Oscar, doing movies, all on then Hollywood scene a glorified C+ lister in his own right and an Oscar winner who's rocking with Oprah and accompanying Laura Dern on outings around town.

:mjpls:

:dwillhuh:

Breh Obama

First Breh President. Coli Prophet.
Daps
Reppin
Leader of the righteous Brehs!

@ODOT META

Breh, all that shyt you just said is irrelevant to the point and topic of this thread.