What rapper REINVENTED themselves most Radically AND Lucratively?

What rapper REINVENTED themselves most Radically AND Lucratively?

• Eve

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Common

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • LL Cool J

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Queen Latifah

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Pitbull

Votes: 53 41.4%
  • The Roots (as a collective, mainly Quest & Thought)

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Nore

• Dr. Dre

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • Ice Cube

Votes: 23 18.0%
  • Ice T

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Bun B

• Lauryn Hill

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • Snoop Dogg

Votes: 10 7.8%

• Total voters

Breh Obama

First Breh President. Coli Prophet.
Daps
Reppin
Leader of the righteous Brehs!
You on drugs man?
:what: bytch are you? You're over here rambling and saying complete nonsensical bullshyt that has nothing to do with anything. Shut your fukkin c*nt mouth up you retarded jackass. Wayne went from being someone no one gave a fukk about to legitimately dominating the rap game for years in a way that no one ever has. Now shut the fukk up bytch ass nikka

letti cook

Superstar
Daps
fair.

kinda came out of the blue too.

dead was probably an overstatement. it's on life support, fighting.

What about the other entertainment aspects tho?

:sas2:

Wayne should be so far ahead man. he should be approaching Cube status. .. he still has time tho. :snoop:
I agree 100%. He fukkin with Roc Nation so I assume that's where the endorsements are coming from..but yeah, the money he got fukked out of is god tier..The features, setting sales records, tours, endorsements, bringing in Nicki and Drake..his "daddy" did him the fukk in :wow:

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
:what: bytch are you? You're over here rambling and saying complete nonsensical bullshyt that has nothing to do with anything. Shut your fukkin c*nt mouth up you retarded jackass. Wayne went from being someone no one gave a fukk about to legitimately dominating the rap game for years in a way that no one ever has. Now shut the fukk up bytch ass nikka

Reading and reading comprehension is fundamental, brethren.

@letti cook

so true. .. I'm telling you he could have been a legit mogul by now.

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I just wanna mention Juicy J's name...

I think it's deserved.

:ohhh:

Homie won a oscar... built his brand. .. started rubbing elbows with A listers. .. greatly increased his earning and earning potential. ...

and he came from wearing a damn reaper hood on album cover photos taken in Memphis slums.

:wow:

Artistically I don't think his reinvention was that radical tho.

Lucratively and brand wise. .. yeah his reinvention was pretty radical

NvrCMyNut

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pitbull didn't really change that much when you think about it. He went from making corny party music for latinos & blacks to making corny party music for whites & latinos.

The change between Infinite and MMLP on the other hand is incredible, content and style wise.

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Pitbull didn't really change that much when you think about it. He went from making corny party music for latinos & blacks to making corny party music for whites & latinos.

The change between Infinite and MMLP on the other hand is incredible, content and style wise.

:patrice:

I dunno bout that man... he was on some gutta, slum shyt with a chunk of his content. I'd see him in full thug rapper mode on hood rap DVDs, talking about coke all crazy. he was in scarface mode.

Good point about Em. .. tough for me to include him tho. I think it was more of his musical backdrop that changed with dre and he polished his delivery and flow and went full on shock value with his content.

but again, he always been corny. not much of a reinvention

Last edited: