What recievers would you take over Prime Michael Irvin?

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
and you forgot how explosive and unstoppable Irvin was in his prime.

No I don't. He was a great WR and deserves to be in the Hall. He's just overrated. People compare him to Rice, Moss, and TO when they should compare him to Tim Brown, Jimmy Smith, and Isaac Bruce.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
And he never had more than 10 TDs in a season, even in the pass happy Chan Gailey offense. Why couldn't "the playmaker" ever get more than 10 TDs in a season!
so I should be floored with Tim Brown getting 11 one season?

and Chan Gailey's offense? :what:

that was Irvin's last year in the NFL, the one that ended early because of the neck injury.

Yup...the stuck in the 70's garbage ass "go deep" offense with a weak-armed Jeff Hostetler that couldn't go deep, the worst running game in the league, and track stars who had no business playing football opposite of him.
great, Irvin was still the better player. The Raiders put the ball in the air a lot more than Dallas did, and Irvin still had better numbers than Brown in those years (91-96)

:rudy: You're going to have to learn arithmetic, like Bill Clinton said. 5 season is nothing when you consider than Cris Carter had OVER DOUBLE MICHAEL IRVIN'S TOUCHDOWNS! Cris Carter didn't play over twice as long as Irvin, did he? Okay then.
you cant be taken serious when you can just dismiss 75 games like it means nothing.

I am not saying Irvin would have caught up with Carter on TDs, but the number would be a lot closer.

No he was not. You were just a kid then and you saw him on TV playing against your team making big plays a lot. You were not an objective, knowledgeable analyst. Michael Irvin is overrated as fukk...probably the most overrated player of the last 20 years of football. He was not better than Tim Brown, Cris Carter, or Isaac Bruce. You can't even support your argument with anything except, "but he was."
:stopitslime:

me and you are probably around the same age so dont play that "you were a kid" game with me.

Michael Irvin was the better receiver. 2nd best in the 90s, and I say that as Redskins fan who hated him.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Weakest arguement so far "he played on a loaded team". fukk outta here breh, Michael Irvin being there is one of the reasons why they're considered loaded. You take him away and all you have is the Priest Holmes era Chiefs.

He had a role and played it well. When his number got called he MADE THE PLAY.

Lot of nikkas played on loaded teams and still couldn't get the job done, #88 did.

Come on bruh. That Cowboys team was one of the most loaded teams in the history of football. Besides Irvin, they had the #1 ranked defense in 92. Aikman was a top 3 QB...probably the most accurate QB at the time. They had the best o-line...maybe the best o-line ever. One of the best most sure-handed TEs, Novacek. And they had one of the greatest RBS ever, Emmitt.

lol@Irvin being the reason they were loaded.

Ashyneezz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
(all in their respective primes)

Randy Moss
Jerry Rice
Torry ****
Steve Smith (Carolina)
Terrell Owens
Cris Carter
Andre Johnson
Tim Brown
Calvin Johnson
Art Monk
Marvin Harrison
Sterling Sharpe
Reggie Wayne
Hines Ward
Issac Bruce

Larry Fitzgerald
Anquan Boldin

:manny:

:russ: You forgot Mario Manningham and Antonio Freeman breh

Mike must have done a line of coke off your girls ass while you were waching. He got you mad at something :skip:

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
so I should be floored with Tim Brown getting 11 one season?

and Chan Gailey's offense? :what:

that was Irvin's last year in the NFL, the one that ended early because of the neck injury.

great, Irvin was still the better player. The Raiders put the ball in the air a lot more than Dallas did, and Irvin still had better numbers than Brown in those years (91-96)

you cant be taken serious when you can just dismiss 75 games like it means nothing.

I am not saying Irvin would have caught up with Carter on TDs, but the number would be a lot closer.

:stopitslime:

me and you are probably around the same age so dont play that "you were a kid" game with me.

Michael Irvin was the better receiver. 2nd best in the 90s, and I say that as Redskins fan who hated him.

lol...what do you mean I can't be taken seriously if I dismiss 5 seasons? Again, this is basic math. The RATE at which Carter grabbed TDs was much greater than that which Irvin did. With Moss and without Moss. 130 to 65.

Your argument is essentially, "He's better because I said he was better" because you can't say anything of substance. :snooze: Just admit Michael Irvin was overrated bruh.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Come on bruh. That Cowboys team was one of the most loaded teams in the history of football. Besides Irvin, they had the #1 ranked defense in 92. Aikman was a top 3 QB...probably the most accurate QB at the time. They had the best o-line...maybe the best o-line ever. One of the best most sure-handed TEs, Novacek. And they had one of the greatest RBS ever, Emmitt.

Part of the reason Irvin didnt get as many balls thrown his way as the other receivers you mentioning.

If the Raiders had the best offensive line and best running back you think Tim Brown would still have those numbers?

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
lol...what do you mean I can't be taken seriously if I dismiss 5 seasons? Again, this is basic math. The RATE at which Carter grabbed TDs was much greater than that which Irvin did. With Moss and without Moss. 130 to 65.

Your argument is essentially, "He's better because I said he was better" because you can't say anything of substance. :snooze: Just admit Michael Irvin was overrated bruh.

my argument, and the HOF voters (:umad:) is that Irvin was a better player than both dudes. He was a more impactful player.

Better yards per game, better yards per catch (meaning dude was moving the chains more), and was a vital cog on one of the greatest teams in NFL history. he didnt have the TD numbers because his team was stacked. You can say that favors him but it also hurt his numbers.

And in their primes, Irvin was the better player. Was seen as the better player and received those accolades.

You can make a slight case for Cris Carter being better, but Tim Brown was never better than Irvin.

Im going to put this smiley here to make you mad::ooh:

Part of the reason Irvin didnt get as many balls thrown his way as the other receivers you mentioning.

If the Raiders had the best offensive line and best running back you think Tim Brown would still have those numbers?
of course he does, he refuses to take context into consideration.

I AM WE ARE

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The N.O
:russ: You forgot Mario Manningham and Antonio Freeman breh

Mike must have done a line of coke off your girls ass while you were waching. He got you mad at something :skip:

fu ck while we at it

mike williams
roy williams
eric martin
alvin harper
hell steve largent
al toon
nick toon
andre reed

d o L o b

Pro
Daps

I said Irvin was one of the reasons, not the reason.

And again, if you take him away from the Cowboys you basically have the Chiefs of the early 00's. They had one of the most dominant olines in history of the league, the leagues leading rusher, and the best tightend of the generation. But w/o that # 1 WR they never won shyt.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
(all in their respective primes)

Randy Moss
Jerry Rice
Torry ****
Steve Smith (Carolina)
Terrell Owens
Cris Carter
Andre Johnson
Tim Brown
Calvin Johnson
Art Monk
Marvin Harrison
Sterling Sharpe
Reggie Wayne
Hines Ward
Issac Bruce
Larry Fitzgerald
Anquan Boldin

:manny:

I cant co-sign about half of this list.
Remove:
Boldin
Bruce
Ward
Wayne
Harrison- simply because I dont know who the fukk that is.
Smith
Case could be stated for Monk but I liked what he did.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps

That's a very difficult thing to gauge. I will say that if Tim Brown was on the Cowboys offense, he would flourish, and I seriously doubt that if Irvin was on those Raiders teams he would produce in the manner that Tim Brown did.

Everyone saw Irvin in his prime. Most people did not see Brown in his prime because they sucked and only made the playoffs once (and when they did, he had that spectacular 80 yard TD where he shook Don Beebe out of his shoes). By time Gannon was there and they were winning, he had lost a step and was more of a possession receiver, and he wasn't very big so he could get roughed up at the line at times.

Mid-90's Tim Brown was a monster. He had excellent hands, was an excellent route runner, and was explosive in the open field. He was always running short routes because he was on the only WR on the team that could run a route and get open.

But anyway, if someone thinks Irvin was better than Brown, that's a totally reasonable opinion. My basic point is that Irvin is overrated and should be compared to people like Tim Brown...2nd tier WRs. If Irvin makes the HOF, Brown and Carter should've been in yesterday.