What to do if you don’t like the gym?

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
Oh ok you don't like going to the gym or eating healthy because the results aren't fast enough for you. You need to get a program and milestones to keep you motivated. Make it into a game like you on NBA 2K or something. Right now you're looking at it like it's work but you can make it somewhat fun. If you are lost by yourself, definitely look into small group classes.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's gonna hurt? Are you hurt or you mean the burn?

Every time I step foot in the gym I make sure my workouts are intense and I go hard, so that shyt is normal to me.

The burn. I’m also recovering from surgery tho a little bit of both rn :francis: I’m definitely used to it, that doesn’t mean I don’t feel it tho :russ:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Well it’s not really exercising, I can ball all day, but it’s lifting weights and staying on my diet. Idk what’s going on, but I legit dread going to the gym and can’t wait to leave that bytch.

I’m young so this has to change because I want to be healthy forever.

Idk what it is, maybe it’s because I have to wait so long for results to show? I wanna love the gym.
if you need to drop 50lbs then you need to be hitting the weights...go find classes, lots of ways to maintain lean mass besides a grueling heavy lift session. every single city got some bootcamp/functional fitness spot (not crossfit). you'll likely have to pay $100-200/month for these spots, but if it's what keeps you on track and keeps you from hating the gym, it's worth it

edit: and diet is what's going to make results come...at 50lbs overweight you likely have plenty of muscle on you even if you never added to it. once you start getting the pounds off, you'll start seeing it. of course to maintain what you have you need to workout, that's why i'm suggesting classes, you don't have to always go heavy and shyt like people really pushing for mass/strength. plus having people/coaches who know you starts keeping you accountable and you look forward to your workouts

Balla

Superstar
Daps
if you need to drop 50lbs then you need to be hitting the weights...go find classes, lots of ways to maintain lean mass besides a grueling heavy lift session. every single city got some bootcamp/functional fitness spot (not crossfit). you'll likely have to pay $100-200/month for these spots, but if it's what keeps you on track and keeps you from hating the gym, it's worth it

edit: and diet is what's going to make results come...at 50lbs overweight you likely have plenty of muscle on you even if you never added to it. once you start getting the pounds off, you'll start seeing it. of course to maintain what you have you need to workout, that's why i'm suggesting classes, you don't have to always go heavy and shyt like people really pushing for mass/strength. plus having people/coaches who know you starts keeping you accountable and you look forward to your workouts

what do you suggest for diet?

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
what do you suggest for diet?
this is a loaded question...depends on what your issue is (ie sweet tooth, love carbs, want to avoid carbs, like big meals, like to snack, etc) but overall i'm a fan of the "block" system from 21 day fix, i think it's a good, balanced diet that makes things easy - focuses on getting the right serving size of the right mix of foods. doesn't require calorie counting or macros or no shyt. but you'll get a million answer this - the people who swear by IIFYM, keto, IF, etc. just eat at a deficit :manny:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
If you can, find a sport you like to do. Run that a couple times a week and keep your diet in check. If you work and office job you really don't need to eat too much if you want to stay productive during the day.Do a slightly big breakfast, light lunch and light dinner. If you do that M-F you should be good. Just keep things respectable on the weekends.

Throw in some calisthenics to maintain muscle mass.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Well it’s not really exercising, I can ball all day, but it’s lifting weights and staying on my diet. Idk what’s going on, but I legit dread going to the gym and can’t wait to leave that bytch.

I’m young so this has to change because I want to be healthy forever.

Idk what it is, maybe it’s because I have to wait so long for results to show? I wanna love the gym.
You ever try kettlebells? You can do a lot with them at home or outside.

No..Money..Mo..Problems

it is what it is
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide
You need a home gym I hate going to the gym to. If you got 500 dollars and a garage/empty room you can do your thing at home.

Bench seat 150
Treadmill 200
Dumbbell set 100
Calisthenics power tower 100

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

C/S this Boot Camps got me started. If you can find a good one they can break up the monotony of the gym and give to a good jump start.