"What's Going On With Black Men?" Dr. T. Hasan Johnson

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
He’s right about Bud Crawford and the story surrounding his success.

If a black father ran around telling the girls in the neighborhood to beat up his daughter and never said he loved her, they would go back and arrest him 30 years later.

Since the story involves a woman and a black boy, no one seems to question it.

Richard Williams did the exact opposite of that and people still call him a bad father. It’s a sad state of affairs when it comes to our black boys.
Richard also abandoned his first family...tell the whole story

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
Probably. I never sought out a psychologist though; and when I see BM who go to these psychologists, I kind of understand why I will never go.

I will just stick to finding better ways to deal with stress which is through combat sports and weightlifting, devotion, and meditation.

:hubie:

What about black men who are psychologists

Black Trash!

Daps
Reppin
Na

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.

Black Trash!

Daps
Reppin
Na
The sun is a tabloid

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.

Thank you. :francis:

Gloxina

Superstar
Daps
Reminds me of a Tycity video where he played a clip of that Princella chick and she was doing the usual "nikkas aint shyt" with her daughter in the vicinity.

But yeah, Dr. Johnson is a light in an ocean of ignorance
Can’t lie, I rock with TyCity. And yea Princella was out of pocket

Gloxina

Superstar
Daps
He’s right about Bud Crawford and the story surrounding his success.

If a black father ran around telling the girls in the neighborhood to beat up his daughter and never said he loved her, they would go back and arrest him 30 years later.

Since the story involves a woman and a black boy, no one seems to question it.

Richard Williams did the exact opposite of that and people still call him a bad father. It’s a sad state of affairs when it comes to our black boys.
Richard Williams is a living legend. He literally created champions. Black folks respect that!

That being said, no one can control or downplay the experiences of his other children. If they choose to speak up about their experiences with him, there’s nothing we can do about that because that is their real lived experience.

BUT, Richard Williams, Matthew Knowles, Joe Jackson, even LaVar Ball— we acknowledge the black fathers who poured into their children and lead them to success.

Mainstream society might not, but WE do.

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
Richard Williams is a living legend. He literally created champions. Black folks respect that!

That being said, no one can control or downplay the experiences of his other children. If they choose to speak up about their experiences with him, there’s nothing we can do about that because that is their real lived experience.

BUT, Richard Williams, Matthew Knowles, Joe Jackson, even LaVar Ball— we acknowledge the black fathers who poured into their children and lead them to success.

Mainstream society might not, but WE do.

Eh.

Some black men gonna feel some type of way about brehs who chose to stick it out with the family that's on the trajectory of success and the average fam left in the dusk. Especially considering how Gen X and previous had a family or two on the side and some made the sacrifices that need to be made.

Through I'd take Ball out of that category, he married white and he's clearly a goofball.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps

Damn I didn't know any other this

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
Reminds me of a Tycity video where he played a clip of that Princella chick and she was doing the usual "nikkas aint shyt" with her daughter in the vicinity.

But yeah, Dr. Johnson is a light in an ocean of ignorance
If that's what she believes then why would she teach her daughter any differently?

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Eh.

Some black men gonna feel some type of way about brehs who chose to stick it out with the family that's on the trajectory of success and the average fam left in the dusk. Especially considering how Gen X and previous had a family or two on the side and some made the sacrifices that need to be made.

Through I'd take Ball out of that category, he married white and he's clearly a goofball.

They also dont know how disagreeable their mothers were. Many women leave that part out. I blamed my father for being absent until my mother confessed she left the state and didnt tell him she was leaving. Granted when he did find out where we were he didnt bother with us,even when he visited. So based on that I assume he was the same when she was in the same state. But leaving the state certainly didnt leave room for him to grow,and maybe come around every so often. Sometimes thats enough for a kid. I dont blame my mother for her decision,and blame my father alot less knowing the details. Some parents never reveal the details,in order to make themselves look blameless:respect:

Gloxina

Superstar
Daps
Eh.

Oh no, I feel that. We all do. What I was saying was basically mainstream society isn’t going to highlight successful black fathers but that doesn’t mean they aren’t acknowledged (by us).

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman

This was a great stream and discussion. Folks need to pay attention from about 1 hour in on. The madness of those tweets!

Dr-T00.jpg

Dr-T01.jpg

Jam-Lem.jpg

:what:

"Black men need a reset on their existence"
Those BW therapists sound like Adolf!!!

Last edited: