What's the longest you've gone without the gym?

FLASH

Banned
Daps
Reppin
CHIRAQ
Alright, so I've been out the gym close to three months now due to chest cartilage inflammation. It sucks wanting to workout but unable to do so due to making matters worse for yourself . What's the longest you've all gone without training? And how did you cope with it.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Currently going thru a 3 week drought myself. Maybe gone once or twice in the past month or so for that matter. Vacation at the end of August, went once at the end of the month, got busy with work and didn't get a chance to go, but then the hurricane happened so that threw things off, don't even know if they opened back up yet. And then I just recently got sick so I'm trying to fight this cold and get back in there. I've been maintaining tho and losing weight especially the vacation gains so it hasn't been a complete loss. Don't think this has been my longest. Maybe a month or so I'd say.

KingTut

Green diamonds like a dill pickle
Daps
Reppin
TX
A year and a half. I stopped after half a year of lifting to see how long it would take me to get back into shape and lose fat on different types of fasting. I started again about four weeks ago and man muscle memory is real. I started off weak as shyt but now I'm only 10 pounds away from my old pr's on most lifts.

In the whole year and a half I didn't lift I also did little to no cardio besides walking my dog and normal daily activities. I gained like 20 pounds and was skinny fat as hell.

Kinguno

The Immortal
Daps
Reppin
New York
Two years and counting but I've started running it's not the same as lifting that I'm not medically cleared yet

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
5 months cuz of wrist injury. Like the other poster said muscle memory is real. Got everything back in like 3-4 weeks

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Currently going thru a 3 week drought myself. Maybe gone once or twice in the past month or so for that matter. Vacation at the end of August, went once at the end of the month, got busy with work and didn't get a chance to go, but then the hurricane happened so that threw things off, don't even know if they opened back up yet. And then I just recently got sick so I'm trying to fight this cold and get back in there. I've been maintaining tho and losing weight especially the vacation gains so it hasn't been a complete loss. Don't think this has been my longest. Maybe a month or so I'd say.
This is exactly where I'm at. Mid August to now... vacation, sickness, hurricane.

Gone like 4 times in the last 5 weeks. fukking my whole chi up and shyt.

:mjcry:

Daps
Reppin
DMV
I dont worry because even if I dont i at least do pullups dips (ladder at work) pushups rows or some squats somewhere. Like today going to do 5 dips everytime i think about it.

But to answer the ? I went 3 months without going cause I was trying to save money and work was cray. But i have weights at home and used my body. My strength did fall off cause i was doing the vegan thang and didnt workout hard enough.

I rather be in the gym or be outsude somewhere

TNOT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
4 weeks

Got tired if the gym. Did 100 pushups in the morning a 100 at night and ran quarters for two miles twice a week and 5k on Saturday mornings. I was close to buying a pull up bar and a landmine with 3 45s, but decided to go back to the gym.

The only lifts I missed were deadlifts and squats.

I'm thinking strongly about purchasing those items and saying fukk the gym altogether.

I really didn't miss the gym at all, mentally or physically. Honestly I was more focused in my garage than I had been in the gym.

I guess I'm getting :flabbynsick: