What's your favorite song of all time?

Clayton Endicott

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A lodge of the Saints John of Jerusalem
Anything with Stevie Wonder or Donny Hathaway will make me listen, but when I heard this song by Aretha Franklin I knew I liked it right away, but I didn't know why. Well I found out later that Stevie Wonder cowrote this song; Aretha sings it and she is on the acoustic piano and Donnie Hathaway is on the electric piano in this song. I am not even a music guru, but I could tell that the craftsmanship in this song is outrageously good.

I was going to post this. As much as I love this song, I can't make it through without getting musty eyed. I don't know if it's the arrangement, the lyrics, or her singing. I felt this song even as a kid. To be able to feel s song like that, and never experienced a loss of love like that is just :wow:

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was going to post this. As much as I love this song, I can't make it through without getting musty eyed. I don't know if it's the arrangement, the lyrics, or her singing. I felt this song even as a kid. To be able to feel s song like that, and never experienced a loss of love like that is just :wow:

Aretha kills it on a few songs like "Angel", "Share your love with me" and a bunch more, but I always felt that "Til you come back to me" was probably her best overall song. Here is the actual original version "Till You Come Back To Me" by Stevie Wonder:

Stevie Wonder gets copied so much that people forget how many songs that he has made that other people have remade into hit songs.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Impossible to answer. I can’t even name a favorite song by a favorite artist, let alone an all time favorite song.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Impossible to answer. I can’t even name a favorite song by a favorite artist, let alone an all time favorite song.
Think of it like this. If you had to show a song or few to an alien life form to represent a facet of earth/human life.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Aretha kills it on a few songs like "Angel", "Share your love with me" and a bunch more, but I always felt that "Til you come back to me" was probably her best overall song. Here is the actual original version "Till You Come Back To Me" by Stevie Wonder:

Stevie Wonder gets copied so much that people forget how many songs that he has made that other people have remade into hit songs.

I like both versions. How can a man who can't see shyt, be so poetic with imagery and emotion.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I like both versions. How can a man who can't see shyt, be so poetic with imagery and emotion.

Good question. I have no idea, but Ray Charles was like that too.

The older I get the more and more stunned I am at the complete depth of Stevie Wonder's music and all the people that he has written for or remade his songs. Just stunning.

BlaqkSpliffin

Ni**as Still Weird - Me
Daps
Reppin
DMV
This was super hard so I just threw together 4 that came to mind with room for an extra.

King Los is maybe the best lyricist I've ever heard and this song is just 6 min of pro-black, supreme lyricism.

Peabo just had vocals that made you emotional.:mjcry:

Smokey's voice is the voice of my childhood. They played this song everynight on the radio in the DMV and it's always stuck with me.

Usher's my nikka:yeshrug: