"When a Lion Charges You Gotta Punch It In The Face" Charlo v Williams SHOWTIME 12/10 Fight Thread

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
as quiet as 154 it looks like there could be a lot of real nasty/hateful rival shyt going.....that's that old boxing Roberto duran/hagler/ray/hitman type shyt....nikkas really hate nikkas lifestyle and shyt.:mjlol:

shyt is personal.....154 the best division when they start fighting constantly:blessed:

Last edited:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
I think rock should have took trout first then charlo.

but charlo team was smart to get that fight first.

plus like everybody saying charlo looked way bigger but it don't matter cause rock made some stupid rookie mistakes. hope his chin aint that bad cause breh got potential man....damn it. would be a shame if his chin the only thing that hold him back....like Norris.:beli:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
giphy.gif

got damn:scust:......just a horrible mistake by j rock. after the 1-2, he left his head out there just begging to be caught. dude just wasn't ready for this moment yet. I know charlo is a big puncher, but j rock got legit stunned off a jab. even trout never got hurt by charlo and he gets knocked down by damn near everybody. it's safe to say j rock just has that china chin. it's a shame too cause he's got a lot of talent.
I know Jermall (or whichever fukking Charlo it was last night) is a big 15elb'er but standing next to him j rock looked like he should be fighting at 147. Look at the size diff in their legs n/t. Plus as you said he's not ready look at the technique on his right. And trying to go immediately into a left hook if the right didn't land?

That was a beautiful roll n counter by jermall though

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
I think rock should have took trout first then charlo.

but charlo team was smart to get that fight first.

plus like everybody saying charlo looked way bigger but it don't matter cause rock made some stupid rookie mistakes. hope his chin aint that bad cause breh got potential man....damn it. would be a shame if his chin the only thing that hold him back....like Norris.:beli:

I don't think his chin is bad at all. Clottey got knocked down by a similar jab in his fight with Cotto fam. But the 2nd knockdown was :scust: That counter uppercut would've legit buzzed or hurt anyone in the division. Rock didn't see the punch coming & it landed right on a sweet spot. And we all knew coming in this Charlo was a good puncher anyway so I think Rock will be ok.

Edit*** I'm also not sure why Rock didn't follow with the left hook after the right hand either or fall in to a clinch like he did in the 2 previous rounds. He hung himself out to dry with no cover after missing.

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
notice the guy who said "I thought you said you weren't gonna do this"

check out 1:38 of this video

Video: Demetrius Andrade on Culcay Fight, Wanting Erislandy Lara - Boxing News

dude says he's too mature to show up in a press conference begging for a fight. then he does exactly that:mjlol:
I got nothing against Andrade but that was about the softest calling out after doing a *grab the mic*

At least he sounds like he wants to fight one of em. He was more passionate than T-Craw when Max asked him about pac :mjlol:

Imagine Schaef Dog letting the big Charlo fight Andrade instead of Canelo :wow:

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Edit*** I'm also not sure why Rock didn't follow with the left hook after the right hand either or fall in to a clinch like he did in the 2 previous rounds. He hung himself out to dry with no cover after missing.
He was beginning to turn the left hook when he got countered. Not enough body weight behind the right hand so his head didn't really move. That was a beautiful counter though.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
He was beginning to turn the left hook when he got countered. Not enough body weight behind the right hand so his head didn't really move. That was a beautiful counter though.

I'll have to get another look at that

***Just watched it on the replay & it almost looked like he was admiring that right hand before he tried to get the left out & it gave Charlo just enough time to counter him***

Last edited:

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
giphy.gif

got damn:scust:......just a horrible mistake by j rock. after the 1-2, he left his head out there just begging to be caught. dude just wasn't ready for this moment yet. I know charlo is a big puncher, but j rock got legit stunned off a jab. even trout never got hurt by charlo and he gets knocked down by damn near everybody. it's safe to say j rock just has that china chin. it's a shame too cause he's got a lot of talent.

Beautiful roll and counter by Charlo. He also blocked the jab with right, rolled the shoulder and came up with the UC. Beautiful work. :wow:

After all that talking and saying he shook when Charlo showed him nothing but love, this was warranted.

Hopefully, J Rock can bounce back and he should be taking on the Angulos and Trouts before thinking of a Lara or a rematch. He was doing hard work on Charlo though. Oh and please stop with the weight difference. Charlo doesn't look that big compared to J ROck. J ROck is built but his body is just not built for strength. He needs to start doing some squats and put some muscles all over. Dude looked starved and malnourished. I think that was the bigger factor of the fight. Not the skill difference.

Saying the arena ain't full, Charlo is not that good and he hasn't fought anybody great.

Like Andrade has fought anybody yet ? Like I said, ANdrade should go and fight Lara and Trout as well, and build from there. FIght a ROsado as well. Plenty options at 154.

That's why I like what Lubin is doing. He's slowly building himself and taking on better fighters one at a time with a few journeymen sprinkled in.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps

plus he lounged in at a puncher and over reached. charlo just kept his distance and countered....really easy shyt from his standpoint lol

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Beautiful roll and counter by Charlo. He also blocked the jab with right, rolled the shoulder and came up with the UC. Beautiful work. :wow:

After all that talking and saying he shook when Charlo showed him nothing but love, this was warranted.

Hopefully, J Rock can bounce back and he should be taking on the Angulos and Trouts before thinking of a Lara or a rematch. He was doing hard work on Charlo though. Oh and please stop with the weight difference. Charlo doesn't look that big compared to J ROck. J ROck is built but his body is just not built for strength. He needs to start doing some squats and put some muscles all over. Dude looked starved and malnourished. I think that was the bigger factor of the fight. Not the skill difference.

Saying the arena ain't full, Charlo is not that good and he hasn't fought anybody great.

Like Andrade has fought anybody yet ? Like I said, ANdrade should go and fight Lara and Trout as well, and build from there. FIght a ROsado as well. Plenty options at 154.

That's why I like what Lubin is doing. He's slowly building himself and taking on better fighters one at a time with a few journeymen sprinkled in.

yeah I heard that they was saying he looked dry at the weigh in.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps

If they scared of Andrade....you REALLY think they gonna want it with Lubin? :usure:

Andrade has ELITE skill...J Rock has good skill and just because he lost to Charlo doesn't say he's not that good, bc he was right there the entire step of the fight. J Rock fukked up & Charlo caught him perfectly. J Rock didn't have the technical skill, professional resume, or amateur pedigree of Demetrius Andrade though. Or the physical size coming out of a southpaw stance. Andrade is THAT dude:demonic:

#ATeam

Last edited: