When can we get rid of stafford?

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The cost of a replacement is very relavant to the discussion. What you're proposing is saving $5-10 million off a $145 million dollar salary cap to downgrade at the most important position being worth it. For a team that will not have salary cap issues in the offseason due to Suh going to Miami. Lions will have more than enough cap room to be a player in FA, so essentially you're watching Ford's pockets. Martha's straight, I promise.

I am talking about moving on from a guy that isn't what you expected him to be or what you are paying him to be. If the squad was making the playoffs or the offense was beastly year in and year out then it would be one thing but that ain't the case so yeah it's time to move on from that failure.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I am talking about moving on from a guy that isn't what you expected him to be or what you are paying him to be. If the squad was making the playoffs or the offense was beastly year in and year out then it would be one thing but that ain't the case so yeah it's time to move on from that failure.

I don't have emotional ties to expectations or draft status. Are we going to replace him with a better qb or aren't we? As deluded as you are, you've yet to represent any attainable qb as a better qb than Matthew Stafford. Since it's so tough to find someone better, that's cause to rethink things eh?

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I don't have emotional ties to expectations or draft status. Are we going to replace him with a better qb or aren't we? As deluded as you are, you've yet to represent any attainable qb as a better qb than Matthew Stafford. Since it's so tough to find someone better, that's cause to rethink things eh?
Again what's stopping you from drafting a rookie and developing him? With your logic Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady would've never gotten a chance because they were at some point much worse than the teams starting qbs.

You are so afraid to change a qb it's hilarious. You qb stans protecting your precious qbs like gollum except there's no fukking ring :heh:

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Again what's stopping you from drafting a rookie and developing him? With your logic Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady would've never gotten a chance because they were at some point much worse than the teams starting qbs.

You are so afraid to change a qb it's hilarious. You qb stans protecting your precious qbs like gollum except there's no fukking ring :heh:

Only that's what I clearly stated page 1.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

You have yet to provide me with an example of a team that won SBs as a result of hanging onto and overpaying an average QB.

Cheaper/attainable options with higher QB rating this year:

Tyrod Taylor, Bridgewater, McCown, Foles, McCown. Bu...bu...but none of those guys could have us at 0-3 an in the bottom 3rd of the league offensively :laff:.

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Being capable for one year (2011) gets you paid. Ask Tannehill, Kaep, etc. Theres only a few qbs who are good to great year in and year out and if that isnt your qb he shouldnt get a second big contract.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
You have yet to provide me with an example of a team that won SBs as a result of hanging onto and overpaying an average QB.

Cheaper/attainable options with higher QB rating this year:

Tyrod Taylor, Bridgewater, McCown, Foles, McCown. Bu...bu...but none of those guys could have us at 0-3 an in the bottom 3rd of the league offensively :laff:.

Teddy bridgewater isn't attainable, the others maybe in 2016. I'll certainly revisit this hilarious post after the season.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Teddy bridgewater isn't attainable, the others maybe in 2016. I'll certainly revisit this hilarious post after the season.

The Lions could have attained Bridgewater in the draft he was drafted in so how was he not attainable?

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Being capable for one year (2011) gets you paid. Ask Tannehill, Kaep, etc. Theres only a few qbs who are good to great year in and year out and if that isnt your qb he shouldnt get a second big contract.

The most prolific passer at age 27 in league history has one year eh? Okie dokie

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm speaking from the prospective of this coming offseason.

Well there will only be more guys that we could've had that become unattainable as we hold on to this average ass nikka :yeshrug:.

MF budz

All Star
Daps
We just shouldn't have paid him that much. I think he can definitely win some games. I do think he is top 15. I just wanted more for that money. And I do think we need some qb competition in there. He needs to feel a little fire.