When did being a decent human being become synonymous with "political correctness"?

Menelik II

I wanna see receipts!
Daps
The question should be when did "not being an a$$hole" equate to "moral failing", and when did "political correctness" gain negative connotations.

This is only going to get worse.

Eddy Gordo

Banned
Supporter
Daps
:shaq2: well then, I guess your experience is all that matters, not the millions of students, citizens, not to mention professional that feel that the suppression of ideas and critical thinking at the expense of protecting feelings is dangerous.

but....do you bruh.
I call them cowards. If something needs to be said you say it. Don't go on the internet whining to people that your opinion isn't respectable and should be. You say what needs to be said, work to fix a problem, and accept the consequences. Society is under no obligation to humor your opinion.

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I call them cowards. If something needs to be said you say it. Don't go on the internet whining to people that your opinion isn't respectable and should be. You say what needs to be said, work to fix a problem, and accept the consequences. Society is under no obligation to humor your opinion.
I'm not sure where you work or where you grew up. However, thins aren't the same as they were even ten years ago. This isn't about internet whining, its about safe spaces, hurt feelings, and ppl being shut down because of their ideas don't go with someone elses.

again, this isn't about being a coward. its about being punished for having a point of view. When a university professor can punish students because they don't go along with the HIS/HER opinions/narrative/agenda we have a fukking problem.

When governments can set policy to MAKE you do something you don't believe in we have a fukking problem, whether you agreew ith it or not.

Eddy Gordo

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I'm not sure where you work or where you grew up. However, thins aren't the same as they were even ten years ago. This isn't about internet whining, its about safe spaces, hurt feelings, and ppl being shut down because of their ideas don't go with someone elses.

again, this isn't about being a coward. its about being punished for having a point of view. When a university professor can punish students because they don't go along with the HIS/HER opinions/narrative/agenda we have a fukking problem.

When governments can set policy to MAKE you do something you don't believe in we have a fukking problem, whether you agreew ith it or not.
Universitys have HR departments that you can talk to if professors are being unprofessional. I have seen multiple students threaten legal action for their grades over perceived discrimination of thier beliefs.

People literally have the right to say what they want. Most of the time they are just to cowardly to say it in public due to social stigma.

The federal government is a entirely different conversation though.

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Universitys have HR departments that you can talk to if professors are being unprofessional. I have seen multiple students threaten legal action for their grades over perceived discrimination of thier beliefs.

People literally have the right to say what they want. Most of the time they are just to cowardly to say it in public due to social stigma.

The federal government is a entirely different conversation though.
the problem Is when HR or the universities themselves fall in line with that same thinking.

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Yo, how the fukk did this devolve into a debate about evolution?
1154.gif

Idiot Trump Magas are in-fighting. Just watch the fuccery:popcorn3:

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

A teacher punished over evolution? | NCSE

:usure:

What about punishing professors because they don't go along with the students opinions/narrative/agenda?:patrice:
Is this political correctness run amok as well?:jbhmm:

"believe" is kind of loaded in this context, but any examples of this?

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
Some of yall so caught up on this need for PC to protect your feelings from cacs yelling racist shyt to your face you don't realize the closet racists been playing the PC game you advocate for...

There is a fantastic documentary on this on Netflix titled "13th" I advise you all watch if you haven't...

It basically covers how cacs used the label "criminal" to keep us imprisoned...They used a loophole in the 13 amendment which states

Mass incarceration started under Nixon and specifically targeted civil rights activists by labeling them criminals...They didn't come out and say we're tired of these unruly ******s so we're going to lock them up...They said the country has a "crime" problem, we need "law and order"...Trump is playing the same card but he's never hid his racism, he's outspoken...

They passed laws that specifically targeted our communities...Nixon didn't pass those laws on his own and he wasn't the only president to push this agenda...A lot of yall openly supported a woman who labeled black youth "super predators" when it was politically acceptable for her to do so...Her husband Slick Willy the "first black president" passed the 1994 crime bill which increased mass incarceration drastically...

Point here is PC may protect your feelings but it won't stop racists from fukking us...The outspoken racist gets all the headlines while the closet racist plays PC, smiles for the cameras and helps pass laws designed to put your black ass in a cage for 20 years on a simple weed possession charge...You probably ended up voting for him to...

I'd rather know who my enemy is then have a Clinton smile in my face, go on Arsenio show play the sax and then run off and pass the 1994 crime bill responsible for incarcerating an entire generation of my people...
Will rep when I can

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
The problem with the PC and anti-PC brigades is that at the extremes they are a bunch of people who can't deal with the fact that the truth is complicated.

The truth is not wholly politically correct

The truth is not wholly politically incorrect

It has a bit of both as well as blends that can be more or less correct given the context. People who are PC and don't want hurt feelings and the anti-PC who want to give license to their darkest musings tend to not get this...