When is trap music going to die already?

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikkas aren't tired of hearing this shyt yet? :francis: these nikkas been making the same fukking track for damn near 10 years. I swear the south find one niche and beat it into the ground. East coast and west was more diverse.

But how many tracks about p*ssy, lean and weed do it take to bore the avg nikka? these nikka always rapping about selling coke. nikkas this ain't the 80s, who the fukk is selling kilos of coke and living like tony Montana in mansion via 2017? But every rapper is...which is fine because its entertainment but god damn, atleast be different, maybe come from a different perspective. like maybe a Rodney Dangerfield type of hustler, where you're the uncool guy that get no respect and the artist raps from that perspective. or have a gimmick, I want to see a nikka rapping in a zoot suit...now that'll be interesting to look at atleast

I get it that rap is about the money now and its just a hustle, hence why quantity is important than quality. Rap has become the new dope, make it cheap, fast and sell alot cheap. But you can still make good art and sell it like its heroin if you like.

I cant relate to these new nikkas man. Why do all of them look the same? is it a requirement to have tattoos on your face? man they better go platinum for the next 70 years, because if you're a black man with a fukking tattoo on your face, than nikka u better hope either some docile rich cracker create a 100k warehouse job or your future is finished...retard

Trot LaRoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi/LA
Its an easy to make, easy to imitate form of music, at this point its basically an assembly line....just different names

That being said, if it aint broke and theyre gettin $, i doubt theyre gonna fix it....for what creativity's sake??

KnockoutKing

Rookie
Daps
Most of them grow up with the same struggle
In Newark a lot of these rappers are "trap" rappers but they all grew up in that environment
That's what they know
So that's what they are going to rap about
Same with Chicago rappers and other rappers who come from that environment

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
What I think is interesting, and worth noting is like the sub 'tra'p genre', where 'trapping' is now synonymous with any illegal activity, and even in artists like Future or Migos, the drug content is so generic, it's like an afterthought. That's a total shift from the days of Jay in the mid/late 90's, and artists that chronicled that world, through the eyes of a boss, which gave you the perspective from above, and then it was the Jeezy/T.I/Gucci who ushered in the guys who played the block, but were heavy enough....now it's from the perspective of a street level dealer/trapper, and most of those dudes never sold a half a ki total in their life....esp. the younger ones, who started rapping at like age 17...