When Was The Last Time You Been To Church? (What Made You STOP Going?)

Thighmaster B

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
5-6 years ago, at a modern Lutheran church, for the Xmas mass, presided by a woman minister.

It required all my will power to stay still and quiet all through the service.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Two weeks ago. I missed last week because of a Family emergency, but I'll make it next week.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
slight wall-o-text.

Im not gonna lie.

Last time I went to church (and this was like 9+ years ago) I was trying to catch the attention of my ex who had left me for this other dude.

Now, a big part of me and my ex's family never getting along was my stance on organized religion. This other cat showed up with money to throw around and had them thinking he was an upstanding christian dude.

He wasn't, and I'm not going to segue into a tirade on how women fall for "christian" men and ignore signs until he's sitting at home on sundays after fukking hoes on weekends then sits at home on sunday to do whatever while she goes to church to "pray about it"....

guess I kinda did.

Anyway, yeah. I was DESPERATE, so I went, knowing that she was there and I wanted to show her I was making an effort.

I remember being stuck 9 rows behind and seeing her, him and her family on the front row. I guess her and her mom wanted to show off their prize catch. The church had already threw dirt on them for my black excellence ex fornicating with the likes of poor, possibly drug using, ghetto living, working class me.

When the Minister told everybody to stand up and hug their neighbor, I did.

Everyone turned and hugged each other.

Except me. I just looked around and stood there, untouched. Like I had a big "REJECTED" spotlight on me.

It was then that I realized

• I was there for the wrong reason
  • I didn't belong there. Not there.
I felt stupid for trying. Like I had insulted God for the sake of some broad who had already made her choices..

I stopped chasing my Ex, and went back to not messing around with organized religion.

I walked out.

Last edited:

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
getting detained by the police for mistaken identiy across the street from my mom's church during a choir practice while i was 15

and none of them heffas in the church came over to vouch or even defend me....

just went to gossiping to my mother who was home at the time...

had her embarrased thinking i was beginning a life of crime cause they never told her the full story :snoop:
Damn man that's horrible :snoop:

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
5-6 years ago, at a modern Lutheran church, for the Xmas mass, presided by a woman minister.

It required all my will power to stay still and quiet all through the service.

THIS......

i don't wanna hear anything a byatch gotta say at the church... :camby:

all my bad experiences in the church involvied women saying some DUMB SHYT outta they mouths..

first time i recall was when i would work odd jobs around the church during the summer like setting up tables and chairs for events like weddings or cutting the grass ...putting in lightbulbs...

anyway i was doing some painting inside the church..and this elder lady in the church was complimenting me on doing such a great job and how she admired me for being there.....it was a real good convo... she even said she would like me to meet her grandaughter whom i recall seeing as a pretty girl in the church i was flattered :obama:

i really enjoyed talking to this woman..

.inspite of the fact that i was still "bitter" because it was at a time when i was leaving the church after that incident when i got detained by the police...

so she asked me..."Young man ...tell me why u don't attend church more often?"

and before i could even fix my lips to make a response...she commented .."Oh you probally like to RUN THE STREETS dont ya?" :stopitslime:

that's why ST. PAUL said in the bible:

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/wome...was-hard-on-hoes-in-the-biblical-days.440251/

Scuti

Superstar
Daps
couple weeks ago :francis: living with parents and they pretty much force me to go. once im out of here i aint goin no more. church has ruined my life in a few ways

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
This morning and it was packed

Only on the coli do black folks hate church so much

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
The final strike for me was when I went to the alter and one of the pastor's prayed over me. Mind you this is one of the top 5 popular churches in the city. Then the pastor called himself prophesying over me and basically insinuated that I was in the streets and needed to a apologize to a bunch of people I deviously did wrong. I opened by eyes and looked at this dude disgusted. Before I can say anything he was already at the next person. Walked out immediately.

I was never in the streets although I grew up in that environment, and didn't really do anyone wrong to apologize to. Called my mom who is a lifelong Christian and she was furious.

My thing is, some people can say that's just one pastor but there are thousands of pastors like that. Most who claim to hear from god really don't. It's voices in their head.

Daps
Reppin
Canada
THIS......

i don't wanna hear anything a byatch gotta say at the church... :camby:

all my bad experiences in the church involvied women saying some DUMB SHYT outta they mouths..

first time i recall was when i would work odd jobs around the church during the summer like setting up tables and chairs for events like weddings or cutting the grass ...putting in lightbulbs...

anyway i was doing some painting inside the church..and this elder lady in the church was complimenting me on doing such a great job and how she admired me for being there.....it was a real good convo... she even said she would like me to meet her grandaughter whom i recall seeing as a pretty girl in the church i was flattered :obama:

i really enjoyed talking to this woman..

.inspite of the fact that i was still "bitter" because it was at a time when i was leaving the church after that incident when i got detained by the police...

so she asked me..."Young man ...tell me why u don't attend church more often?"

and before i could even fix my lips to make a response...she commented .."Oh you probally like to RUN THE STREETS dont ya?" :stopitslime:

that's why ST. PAUL said in the bible:

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/wome...was-hard-on-hoes-in-the-biblical-days.440251/
Where would the church get their reformed thot money if the pastor actually enforced that St. Paul verse? All the women need to have their 15 minutes of attention no matter what.