When your Parents Pass Away and You don't have the LOVE of your own Family... It's going to be UNBEARABLE.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sadly, those independent women are gonna suffer the most. They still think that they 22 years old and rotate a new man in their life every 2-3 years, not knowing that they get older (biologically).

The likes of Dr. bell hooks, the architect of modern black feminism, died alone in her apartment and her body was decaying several days before a relative of hers discovered her. If women are cool with dying (really) alone, then they should embrace that :hubie:
I need a link for that. I read she was with family when she died at her home

Volt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Rio
So many single people priding themselves on being independent and not wanting to have kids. Believing their Careers and Money is all they need. Most of us are unable to foresee how sad it is to grow old alone. Friends and sibling are wonderful. But will Friends and Siblings live their families to come feed you, wipe your azz, bath and dress you when you very ill? And did this for weeks and months until you're good. We will all face sickness and that type of burden is for spouse to handle.

And many of us living away from family and friends. So we're really fukked when things go bad. Back home I remember seeing people moving older Aunt and Uncles into their homes when they get older, most of us won't have that option. We're in cities where we aren't really close to anyone. Not that close.

To the main topic. My mom and her mom were best friends. Hung together everyday until my grandma passed away 12 years ago. No one loves you like your parents. NO ONE. My mom was devasted. But the love she has for her husband, 5 boys and one 1 daughter and the love we have for her, kept her going. She would not have made it without the family she has built. Sadly, when you loss good parents, a big part of you dies too. And if your parents is all you got it's going to be hard on you.

Just seeing how my parents eyes light up when we come over for holidays and any day really makes me want a big family.

I know dating is hard and marriage is scary, but we going to need someone very special in these later years.
The kryptonite to GMB. :wow:

My old man lost a leg last year. It was incredibly sudden. No plan, no prep. He straight up says he doesn't know how he'd be alive rn if it wasn't for me. Actually hearing that shyt hits different. :to:

Fortunately, his recovery is going well and tomorrow is his birthday. :blessed:

No one wants to really think about this perk of building a family, and tbh, they shouldn't.
There are a lot more positive things to building a family than this. So many. Being in a marriage where both parties love each other and help build themselves up, raising children into people you can be proud of, creating generational wealth...

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The kryptonite to GMB. :wow:

My old man lost a leg last year. It was incredibly sudden. No plan, no prep. He straight up says he doesn't know how he'd be alive rn if it wasn't for me. Actually hearing that shyt hits different. :to:

Fortunately, his recovery is going well and tomorrow is his birthday. :blessed:

No one wants to really think about this perk of building a family, and tbh, they shouldn't.
There are a lot more positive things to building a family than this. So many. Being in a marriage where both parties love each other and help build themselves up, raising children into people you can be proud of, creating generational wealth...
If you talk about the perks. You have to talk about the potential downsides also

Volt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Rio
If you talk about the perks. You have to talk about the potential downsides also
Sure. Some times you pick wrong and end up in a nightmare. Some times your kids hang with the wrong crowd and turn into bums. All kinds of shyt go wrong in marriages like sudden unemployment.

Nothing in this life is perfect. So what? You gon be a glass half-empty breh?

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sure. Some times you pick wrong and end up in a nightmare. Some times your kids hang with the wrong crowd and turn into bums. All kinds of shyt go wrong in marriages like sudden unemployment.

Nothing in this life is perfect. So what? You gon be a glass half-empty breh?
Of course not, but if you are getting married and having children because you are afraid of dying alone you hustling backwards.

Volt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Rio
Of course not, but if you are getting married and having children because you are afraid of dying alone you hustling backwards.
Of course it is hustling backwards, that's like, half of my damn post! :mjlol: