When your Parents Pass Away and You don't have the LOVE of your own Family... It's going to be UNBEARABLE.

Duke Wy Lin

It's been a good run. Wish y'all the best ✊🏿
Daps
I'm sorry but I'm not getting married or having kids just so I have someone to burden lmao.

I wouldn't regard my mother as a burden. Very strange thought pattern. Generational interdependence has always been deeply imbedded within humanity and is what allowed the human race to prosper.

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
I wouldn't regard my mother as a burden. Very strange thought pattern. Generational interdependence has always been deeply imbedded within humanity and is what allowed the human race to prosper.
I wouldn't regard her as a burden either. I'm still not having kids and getting married just to burden someone.

Duke Wy Lin

Daps
I get the point and the intent OP, but the whole idea of being with someone just to basically have someone to take care of us when we're old always seems kind of using other people type mentality to me.

You got it backwards. Taking care of your other half when she needs it is an expression of love and appreciation.

I'd love to revisit this conversation when you're in your 70s at some retirement home with a bunch of strangers and "caretakers" who see you as just another number off their list. If you're lucky you might get 2 showers a week :mjlol:

Humans are supposed to establish familial bonds and to become interdependent. I'd rather be taken care of by ppl who actually care about me and view me as a person than some cold, impersonal system. And if you think that your wealth will guarantee good care then you're very delusional. Nobody respects a millionaire who can't even tie his own shoes or speak coherently. They won't be changing your diapers with a smile breh

Duke Wy Lin

Daps
I wouldn't regard her as a burden either. I'm still not having kids and getting married just to burden someone.

See where your logic breaks? Why would your offspring view you as a burden? Unless you've been a POS to them.

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
See where your logic breaks? Why would your offspring view you as a burden? Unless you've been a POS to them.
Look dude I'm trying to be nice lol. I don't want no fukking kids and I'm not having kids just so someone can take care of me in the event I can't take care of myself. It's no break in logic I just simply don't desire kids. If you desire kids that's fine. I'm not doing it and no coli nikka is convincing me otherwise lol.

Duke Wy Lin

Daps
Look dude I'm trying to be nice lol. I don't want no fukking kids and I'm not having kids just so someone can take care of me in the event I can't take care of myself. It's no break in logic I just simply don't desire kids. If you desire kids that's fine. I'm not doing it and no coli nikka is convincing me otherwise lol.

I'm not trying to convince you of anything.

:dahell: would that do for me?

We're discussing the merits of intergenerational caretaking and the way that you're framing the issue makes no sense. Nothing to get worked up about if you don't agree.

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
I'm not trying to convince you of anything.

:dahell: would that do for me?

We're discussing the merits of intergenerational caretaking and the way that you're framing the issue makes no sense. Nothing to get worked up about if you don't agree.
Good I'm glad we have an understanding.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Paris, France
You got it backwards. Taking care of your other half when she needs it is an expression of love and appreciation.

I'd love to revisit this conversation when you're in your 70s at some retirement home with a bunch of strangers and "caretakers" who see you as just another number off their list. If you're lucky you might get 2 showers a week :mjlol:

Humans are supposed to establish familial bonds and to become interdependent. I'd rather be taken care of by ppl who actually care about me and view me as a person than some cold, impersonal system. And if you think that your wealth will guarantee good care then you're very delusional. Nobody respects a millionaire who can't even tie his own shoes or speak coherently. They won't be changing your diapers with a smile breh

Thx for proving my point