Whenever a song by that clique of bay area rappers came on Rap City it was channel switch on sight

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
What state's have surpassed California's annual murder total? As far as I know, CA's been the raw numbers murder capital almost 50yrs running.

You still wanna throw per capita stats out of the window?

:ld:

You guys are leaning on per capita not me. I said from the beginning that 5 murders is not high period. 33k people or not.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
This simply is not true. The key word is if you can afford to live comfortably in San Francisco you can't be broke. The vast majority of renters in the city rent rooms/closets/etc in regular-sized houses with 3 or more people... in the Mission that number is more like 6-8 people. It is very easy to be broke and live in San Francisco.

That, and you're ignoring that 40,000 San Franciscans live in public housing, the majority of whom make less than $15,000 a year. If that's not broke then nobody in the US is broke. Picture how far $15,000 a year goes in San Francisco for 1 person let alone a family of 4+... the answer is nowhere.

Broke in SF is not really broke. That's why people choose to live that way, because it's one of the richest city in the world. Plus your speaking on less than 5% of the population. Homelessness means nothing in San Francisco, homeless people get three square meals and free room and board. You ever heard of a homeless guy in Detroit? Exactly, no one cares. People have to care for you to be homeless.

Xtraz2

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, CA
You guys are leaning on per capita not me. I said from the beginning that 5 murders is not high period. 33k people or not.
Wut do you consider a high amount? It's all relative

We can argue that St Louis 159 isn't high either

Xtraz2

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, CA
I know. Most people int he SFBA live good. Only the schizophrenic think otherwise.

Lol @ hood parts. The bad areas in Ohio are worse than the SBA.

When? Last year the San Francisco murder rate was 40.
Tha bad areas in Ohio are worse than sba? Wut do that even mean?

You comparing tha bad parts of Ohio to tha whole SF Bay Area in general?

we're going in circles here with your retarded ass

Xtraz2

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, CA
Broke in SF is not really broke. That's why people choose to live that way, because it's one of the richest city in the world. Plus your speaking on less than 5% of the population. Homelessness means nothing in San Francisco, homeless people get three square meals and free room and board. You ever heard of a homeless guy in Detroit? Exactly, no one cares. People have to care for you to be homeless.
People choose to live poorly in projects? You know most cats living in SF projects have never even ventured out they projects?

Xtraz2

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, CA
I'll do you one better:

Saint Louis, Population 317,420 (2015): 159 Murders, 280 Rapes, 1562 Robberies, 3351 Assaults (Shiiiiiiii!!)

EPA, Population 29,701 (2015): 5 Murders, 11 Rapes, 55 Robberies, 56 Assaults

Divide Saint Louis population by 10 and it's 16 murders, 28 Rapes, 156 robberies, and 335 assaults. It's three times worse even with the same population. No comparison. Saint Louis is currently worse than Oakland and Richmond combined.
This whole thread were talking about tha rappers OP posted and where they grew up, this thread ain't about current day Bay Area rap

it's about tha mark those early Bay Area rappers left on tha scene

Bay areas already done all that shyt y'all country nikkaz on now, to a way higher degree

even tha old school Bay Area CACs is harder than y'all :russ:

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
Wut do you consider a high amount? It's all relative

We can argue that St Louis 159 isn't high either

Not really. EPA is already reduced to neighborhoods as it's only 3 square miles. Reduce Saint Louis down to its most active areas and its not even close. Having a higher total crime rate than 3 cities combined is pretty high. It's not all relative.

People choose to live poorly in projects? You know most cats living in SF projects have never even ventured out they projects?

Why would they? They already live in the richest city in the country. The "projects" in SF is safe compared to real projects.

even tha old school Bay Area CACs is harder than y'all :russ:

Troll post. Bay Area cacs? LOL! SFBA whites are the most well off whites in the country, second only to NY/Jersey whites. Definitely a troll post.

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
No it isn't. San Francisco is safe and sound and rich. The idea of lower-class living in San Francisco is a joke.

Unlike the vast majority of the cities you're talking about (Detroit, Cleveland, etc.) poverty in San Francisco is extremely concentrated. It exists though and has existed in much the same way it does now for the last 80 years that the San Francisco Housing Authority has existed.

You gon contradict James Baldwin (who was literally interviewing people right in the SF projects challenging the same misconception you have about San Francisco)? His statements back then are still accurate today.

@3:07 "What is really crucial is whether are not the country - the citizenry - recognizes that there is no moral distance - which is to say distance - between the facts of life in San Francisco and the facts of life in Birmingham (Alabama)."

@ 4:12 "I imagine it would be easy for an ordinary person walking through San Francisco to imagine everything is at peace because it certainly looks that way on the surface. But San Francisco is much more creative than New York. It's easier to hide [it] in San Francisco than it is in New York because you got the views and the hills, you've got the San Francisco legend too. The cosmopolitan, forward looking... but it's just another American city. And if you're a black man, that means that's a very bitter thing to say. Children die here as they do in New York for the very same reason. It's just a better place to lie about it, that's all it comes to. No one wants to destroy the image of San Francisco."

Xtraz2

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, CA
Not really. EPA is already reduced to neighborhoods as it's only 3 square miles. Reduce Saint Louis down to its most active areas and its not even close. Having a higher total crime rate than 3 cities combined is pretty high. It's not all relative.

Why would they? They already live in the richest city in the country. The "projects" in SF is safe compared to real projects.

Troll post. Bay Area cacs? LOL! SFBA whites are the most well off whites in the country, second only to NY/Jersey whites. Definitely a troll post.
EPA had a way higher murder rate than St. Louis ever has or will have , if we go by per capita

and if we go by raw numbers than Cali has tha most murders

I rmember y'all country dudes used to come out here to tha big city in California in tha 1980s and get sent back home in a pinebox thinking it wuz gonna be sunshine and palm trees out here

so again tha old CACs that grew up around tha hood here is harder than y'all

Xtraz2

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, CA
Bay Area gots an identity - black panthers, pimpin/mackin, d-boys, and hustlers, tupac shakur (most famous rap artist in history)

Virginia gots NO IDENTITY

only thing famous from there is Virginia Slims :usure:

Last edited:

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
EPA had a way higher murder rate than St. Louis ever has or will have , if we go by per capita

Wrong, I already proved that to be false. EPA has never been worse than Saint Louis, ever. The fact that yaw think EPA is a ghetto worth discussing at all tells me everything I need to know about the SFBA.

and if we go by raw numbers than Cali has tha most murders
California and Texas are the two most populated states. Half the country could live in California and Texas. The raw numbers mean nothing, and don't factor that a lot of stuff that does happen are from tourists. I know this first hand.

I rmember y'all country dudes used to come out here to tha big city in California in tha 1980s and get sent back home in a pinebox thinking it wuz gonna be sunshine and palm trees out here
It is sunshine and palm trees. The average California wouldn't last 24 hours in Detroit.

so again tha old CACs that grew up around tha hood here is harder than y'all
The old cacs that have brought their skitzophrenia to hip hop sites like this probably believe that. Whites living in the hood is an oxymoron, and thus proves my point all along.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
@ 4:12 "I imagine it would be easy for an ordinary person walking through San Francisco to imagine everything is at peace because it certainly looks that way on the surface. But San Francisco is much more creative than New York. It's easier to hide [it] in San Francisco than it is in New York because you got the views and the hills, you've got the San Francisco legend too. The cosmopolitan, forward looking... but it's just another American city. And if you're a black man, that means that's a very bitter thing to say. Children die here as they do in New York for the very same reason. It's just a better place to lie about it, that's all it comes to. No one wants to destroy the image of San Francisco."

Keeping it 1000, NY is overrated also. Jersey is legit though.