Whenever a song by that clique of bay area rappers came on Rap City it was channel switch on sight

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
If you can afford to live in San Francisco you can't be broke.

This simply is not true. The key word is if you can afford to live comfortably in San Francisco you can't be broke. The vast majority of renters in the city rent rooms/closets/etc in regular-sized houses with 3 or more people... in the Mission that number is more like 6-8 people. It is very easy to be broke and live in San Francisco.

That, and you're ignoring that 40,000 San Franciscans live in public housing, the majority of whom make less than $15,000 a year. If that's not broke then nobody in the US is broke. Picture how far $15,000 a year goes in San Francisco for 1 person let alone a family of 4+... the answer is nowhere.

Someone already posted the link. The actual number was 43. High per capita but not in general. Per capital works as the basis for danger in theory but at certain points it should be thrown out. 30k is enough to fill a stadium, and if 6 people die (or 43 at it's peak) from that stadium, I don't feel that it should be magnified simply because Palo Alto segregated it's minority population. Again, I agree that it's high for the population of the city but in general it's not. Even if you reduced cities like Saint Louis down to equal EPA it's would still be worse.

But again, we're talking about over 20 years ago. It goes without saying that 6 isn't a high number even if you include per capita in the argument.

East Palo Alto was never part of Palo Alto. the name change happened in the 70s/80s (it was originally called Ravenswood) and it existed as a port city long before Palo Alto was established. At one point it was almost renamed "Nairobi" because of how black the city was... nuff said.

Last edited:

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
They didn't have Vice, Noisey, or anything like that back then that would go into those neighborhoods and give rappers free publicity. Nor did they have YouTube or the internet to spread their music at light-speed. Either way, the major artist out of ATL right now, all have major labels backing them. And the ones that are "truly" independent as you say, don't have any more name recognition than Master P, or E40 did back in the mid to late-90's.

I already conceded that artists now are more independent than they ever been, and those avenues that you mentioned are responsible for that. As far as your comment, Most of the ATL rappers that are buzzing don't have a major label backing them. And Master P is an icon, I doubt many artists name will be as recognizable as his anyway. I also don't understand why E-40's name continues to be mentioned with an independent title. E-40 has spent more of his life being signed than unsigned.

Xtraz2

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, CA
If you can afford to live in San Francisco you can't be broke.

Ok I'll give you that.

Someone already posted the link. The actual number was 43. High per capita but not in general. Per capital works as the basis for danger in theory but at certain points it should be thrown out. 30k is enough to fill a stadium, and if 6 people die (or 43 at it's peak) from that stadium, I don't feel that it should be magnified simply because Palo Alto segregated it's minority population. Again, I agree that it's high for the population of the city but in general it's not. Even if you reduced cities like Saint Louis down to equal EPA it's would still be worse.

But again, we're talking about over 20 years ago. It goes without saying that 6 isn't a high number even if you include per capita in the argument.

Dapped.

That's exactly my point.

I have to disagree with the bolded but I pretty much agree with the rest.
Yup your definitely a troll

You know there's a thing called government assisted housing aka housing projects? So you can be very broke and still be living in SF

Wut do you mean if you reduced cities like St Louis down to tha size of EPA they would be worse? East St. Louis is about tha same size and has never had that many homicides in its history, so now you've resorted to flat out lying instead of exiting tha thread :pachaha:

Xtraz2

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, CA
I already conceded that artists now are more independent than they ever been, and those avenues that you mentioned are responsible for that. As far as your comment, Most of the ATL rappers that are buzzing don't have a major label backing them. And Master P is an icon, I doubt many artists name will be as recognizable as his anyway. I also don't understand why E-40's name continues to be mentioned with an independent title. E-40 has spent more of his life being signed than unsigned.
Lol @ tha corny nikkas in your avi wearing bandanas imitating california gangs, your such a clown :mjlol:

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
You gotta be trolling

43 murders for 20,000 people is extremely high

per capita yeah, in general no it isn't. I already broke it down.

every statistic is done per capita, that's tha only way to measure tha level of crime

And it shouldn't be.

By that logic a city of 100 rich people that has 1 murder is the worst city to live in for that year. It's stupid.

You're 100 times safer anywhere in California than East Detroit Michigan.

if we wanna disregard per capita then California has tha most murders out of any state, so where duz that leave your argument?

In history or 2015? California is the most populated city so that doesn't mean much. Last year no California didn't have the most murders.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
Yup your definitely a troll

You know there's a thing called government assisted housing aka housing projects? So you can be very broke and still be living in SF

Ok! Everyone in San Francisco is on housing. Right. That's why it's the richest city. Whatever you say buddy.

Wut do you mean if you reduced cities like St Louis down to tha size of EPA they would be worse? East St. Louis is about tha same size and has never had that many homicides in its history, so now you've resorted to flat out lying instead of exiting tha thread :pachaha:

Saint Louis foo, not East Saint Louis. Saint Louis is 6 times the size of EPA, and even if the population was the same, it would be more dangerous.

Xtraz2

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, CA

And it shouldn't be.

By that logic a city of 100 rich people that has 1 murder is the worst city to live in for that year. It's stupid.

In history or 2015? California is the most populated city so that doesn't mean much. Last year no California didn't have the most murders.
:dahell: is this dude retarded?

Xtraz2

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, CA
Ok! Everyone in San Francisco is on housing. Right. That's why it's the richest city. Whatever you say buddy.

Saint Louis foo, not East Saint Louis. Saint Louis is 6 times the size of EPA, and even if the population was the same, it would be more dangerous.
wuts st Louis homicides and its population in its worst year?

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’

And it shouldn't be.

What state's have surpassed California's annual murder total? As far as I know, CA's been the raw numbers murder capital almost 50yrs running.

You still wanna throw per capita stats out of the window?

:ld:

Xtraz2

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, CA

Who said that everybody in SF is on public housing? SF is one of tha most expensive cities in tha world

you were talking about tha hood parts weren't as bad as bumfukk Virginia and stupidville Ohio

I'm telling you that's false, SF had tha worst homicide rates for black populations nationwide, that's definitely not something to brag about, but you painting it as a peaceful place and saying tha rappers telling fairytales

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps

This simply is not true. The key word is if you can afford to live comfortably in San Francisco you can't be broke. The vast majority of renters in the city rent rooms/closets/etc in regular-sized houses with 3 or more people... in the Mission that number is more like 6-8 people. It is very easy to be broke and live in San Francisco.

That, and you're ignoring that 40,000 San Franciscans live in public housing, the majority of whom make less than $15,000 a year. If that's not broke then nobody in the US is broke. Picture how far $15,000 a year goes in San Francisco for 1 person let alone a family of 4+... the answer is nowhere.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
wuts st Louis homicides and its population in its worst year?

I'll do you one better:

Saint Louis, Population 317,420 (2015): 159 Murders, 280 Rapes, 1562 Robberies, 3351 Assaults (Shiiiiiiii!!)

EPA, Population 29,701 (2015): 5 Murders, 11 Rapes, 55 Robberies, 56 Assaults

Divide Saint Louis population by 10 and it's 16 murders, 28 Rapes, 156 robberies, and 335 assaults. It's three times worse even with the same population. No comparison. Saint Louis is currently worse than Oakland and Richmond combined.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
Who said that everybody in SF is on public housing? SF is one of tha most expensive cities in tha world

I know. Most people int he SFBA live good. Only the schizophrenic think otherwise.

you were talking about tha hood parts weren't as bad as bumfukk Virginia and stupidville Ohio

Lol @ hood parts. The bad areas in Ohio are worse than the SBA.

I'm telling you that's false, SF had tha worst homicide rates for black populations nationwide, that's definitely not something to brag about, but you painting it as a peaceful place and saying tha rappers telling fairytales

When? Last year the San Francisco murder rate was 40.