Where did the black men ain't shyt rhetoric really start?

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Before anyone starts I'm just asking this question because no one seems to want to address the fact that this is a thing that is said. I did a term paper in undergrad where Bakari kitwana made mention of this in his book The hip-hop generation and it was the first time I'd really heard it. But who originated it? Was it really black women or white folks? And when this statement is made do people realize they're blanketing an entire group of people most of which they've never met?

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
BlackMachoamptheMythofTheSuperWoman-small_zps63002e73.jpg

This book was actually written by....

61865-004-A58B1676.jpg

BLACK FEMINISM, THE CIA AND GLORIA STEINEM.
:mjpls:

HollowPoints2

Don Makaveli.
Daps
Reppin
East Coast
It came from black women who made poor CHOICES in the men.Lesbian black women have been on a campaign to tarnish every black they possibly can whether he's a good one or bad one.

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
Before anyone starts I'm just asking this question because no one seems to want to address the fact that this is a thing that is said. I did a term paper in undergrad where Bakari kitwana made mention of this in his book The hip-hop generation and it was the first time I'd really heard it. But who originated it? Was it really black women or white folks? And when this statement is made do people realize they're blanketing an entire group of people most of which they've never met?

Uh, slavery:francis:

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The 70s....feminism and welfare started breaking up homes...and black women.. No longer needed black community

HollowPoints2

Don Makaveli.
Daps
Reppin
East Coast
I
It came from man hating lesbians.