Where did the black men ain't shyt rhetoric really start?

QuintessentialBM

GoldenAgeGamer82 - PSN ID
Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
Even if white feminists came up with the saying first (which I wholeheartedly doubt), black women, in everyday life and in the media, have been using it for as long as I've been alive.... 30+ years minimum.

Sorry, but BW won't get a pass from me on this. They were saying it before the media got a hold of it.

Yesterday

Banned
Daps
Women have been taught to alleviate themselves from blame for any issues and adversity. Black women face a lot of adversity so the natural thing for them to do is place the blame on the closest group they can, which of course is black men.

LuckyLibra619

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Norcal
This guy ^^^^ is right they would break black men down in front of our whole families to create the illusion that we were weak and unfit to love, protect, and provide. They still doing this today too
A major part of a man's role in the household is to be a protector and provider. Women valued these qualities in ancient times as this was essentially the difference between life and death. This will sound harsh but our male ancestors failed in this regard as they were not able to protect our women and people when slavery happened. In my opinion this is originally where the lack of respect for Black men came from.

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
Before anyone starts I'm just asking this question because no one seems to want to address the fact that this is a thing that is said. I did a term paper in undergrad where Bakari kitwana made mention of this in his book The hip-hop generation and it was the first time I'd really heard it. But who originated it? Was it really black women or white folks? And when this statement is made do people realize they're blanketing an entire group of people most of which they've never met?

Jason Black went all in a few yrs ago.

RIP Black America Part 1

RIP Black America 2