Where do you guys think Dame Dash went wrong?

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Calling all my fellow hiphop heads!

With the recent Funk Flex/Dame Dash beef going on I figured I'd ask this question. I mean lets be honest, we seen Dame Dash when he was at his heights and he was recording executives, he was cocky, he was arrogant, he spent a lot of money and some would say he was a jerk in some ways.

At the same time, we know that the executives who run hiphop don't want to empower too many other executives especially black executives because then they lose some power and along with that some money. Dame calls these people culture vultures as you guys may already know. They sign artist to 360 deals and pretty much exploit the culture, you know the deal.

So with that said what do you guys think went wrong for Dame Dash? Was he too cocky and arrogant? Did he get ahead of himself and pretty much did he get in his own way?

or do you think the culture vultures broke up Roc a fella and with it brought forth the demise of Dame Dash?

Could it have been a mix of both? :jbhmm: Let's discuss this!

The Connoisseurs

Superstar
Daps
meme2018-02-23-10-16-58-ko95gg3.jpg

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
I think Dame is doing pretty good in life so I don't think he went wrong.
Well as far as not being in the mainstream.

Some folks would say he went wrong cause he is producing poor quality movies as well(Too Honorable). He's too egotistical to get help with his films so I could say on that end he isn't doing well.

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
It's easy.
Dame let his ego run wild.
Much like Suge, he thought as a Black man (but a ****** to them), he was gonna come in off the streets and dictate to these made industry dudes what was what, and do it as disrespectfully as possible.
Like Suge, they extracted his main asset from him and got his ass outta there quick fast and in a hurry.
To quote Chill Rob G:
"Oh you think you smarter? / The system's older"

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He forgot the number one rule of business ....

Business is built on relationships...

i run my own business, businesses to be exact ....

I never had a contract , signed an agreement, went into a venture where the people didnt like me first before they decided to fukk with me ....

Its always been the people decide whether they like you as a person before they gonna fukk with you ......

you generally end up going to a lot of business lunches, dinners, meetings while you feel each other out (pause) ...... before you even discuss the venture

You learn in business for better or for worse no matter what the situation to keep it "business" because you dont know tomorrow ...

compare Dame and his former partner jay Z ....

while I think Dame is more intelligent Jay is definitely more smarter ....

You look at all the people he beefed with, whether it was Nas, Joe , even Biggs .... those were REAL beefs, not just hip hop shyt .... they doing business with him today because Jay was always smart enough not to take things too far and mostly kept his emotions out of it ....

look at Dame , you beef with him and he burns bridges , its like the dude takes things too far to the point where people just wont fukk with him again

The really smart person is the one who keeps emotions out of business ....

How you do business is very important .... being a ballbreaker works as long as you remain in a position of power .... you lose that power and need a favour ..... people will remember

Ask yourself this , when the Roc broke up and everyone under the umbrella had a choice who they wanted to sign with why did they choose Jay and not Dame? even Kanye West ?

I remember once sitting in a government commissioners office trying to middleman a deal with a finance institution , this finance institution was putting up a minimum of $6,000,000 investment into a government public/private initiative .... even though the finance institution had met all the prerequisites
the govt official was like "nah this isnt going to work" ..... come to find out they didnt like the CEO of the finance company , they just didnt like his personality so they walked away from the deal , in the same meeting dude told me they liked me and my people and that if we could put something together the deal was ours for the taking ..... They even offered to help me to raise the money ....

Theres people that Ive done business with that we've sat in opposite sides of the courtroom that im still cordial with today and in the future who knows?

But it anyone barked on me the way Dame barked at people I wouldnt even piss on him if he were on fire let alone do business with him

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
I know ppl like Dame. They're smart but not smart enough to know when they're wrong. If you're not able to objectively appraise the situation and move accordingly and accept when you're falling short then you won't get far. The worst thing you can do is lie to yourself because you won't ever fix your situation.

Ppl like Dame are a headache to deal with because it's like banging your head against a brick wall. Too stubborn and hardheaded...you can't tell them shyt because they're masters of spin.

It also doesn't help having a slick mouth and insulting ppl left and right.